Recent content by JClosed

+
  1. J

Netrunning

I loved the way hacking goes in the books from William Gibson. In essence you "obtain" an chip with an hacking program. That can be a chip constructed by a "mad hacker", or an stolen corporate or military-grade chip. You than plug the chip into your "hacker desk", plug yourself in and start the...
  2. J

[POLL] The Multiplayer Thread

First of all - Develop this game as single player only. Do not let take any resource away from that development! Then - Add some awesome expansions, still single player. Please do not add multiplayer in a story expansion, because it could lead to cutting a part of the story, solely to be able...
  3. J

Non-Combat Play

I get it that sometimes timed decisions feel more realistic, but to be honest I am not loving that kind of stuff. Yes - in "real" life you sometimes have to make hard split decisions. That's what "real" life can make sometimes very stressful. Playing a game for me is to jump in "another world"...
  4. J

Motion Sickness Thread with some possible solutions.

Well - As a child I was hopeless. When my parents went on vacation, the drive to the location where we would stay for 3 weeks was a hell for me. My parents have to stop several times because I had to vomit. It nearly took a full day to recover from the trip. It not only was cars. One time my...
  5. J

Will you go Digital or Physical?

I always liked a boxed version of my games, so this game will not be different. I do not really care if there is a bue-ray or DVD disc included (although it would be nice). Nothing beats a nice box with some cover art sitting on my shelf (well actually - not only one shelf), next to the other...
  6. J

Combat Thread - General

Why not just call it an FPRGP (or FP-RPG), because that's what it is. I know it's very easy to glue that "S" after "FP", because that is an automatism, but it's First Person first and only. Yeah - The "S" association is there, but maybe Cyberpunk 2077 will establish that FPRPG (or FP-RPG or...
  7. J

VR Editions: Yay or Nay

I would LOVE to play Cyberpunk in VR. However, I am not one of the most wealthy people running around on this blue/green sphere. I can only hope by the time Cyberpunk 2077 is released that stuff has become a bit more affordable for poor people like me. As I live in Europe, all hardware has a...
  8. J

Hardware Thread - General.

Well - I cannot say that I specifically build a computer for this new game. As the game is far away from release, I think that by release time the hardware we have now will be a bit dusty... Even to today's standards my computer is far from a top-of-the-range model by any means. I am in the...
  9. J

ATTENTION - The TPP FPP THREAD IS CLOSED FOR NOW. OTHERS WILL BE DELETED

I agree with closing this topic for a while and let everybody cool down. It went far over the top with some comments. I think it is good to see other topics get a little more attention now. There is so much to talk about, but all those other topics where pushed away by the "FPP/TPP-war". Now...
  10. J

FP VS TP - perspective matters

It could create graphical artifacts, because the game is designed around FPP. The camera standpoint could go completely weird, or inside a wall. For Instance - Try to find a good camera standpoint inside an air shaft, without blocking the line of sight. Or a small alley for that matter. It...
  11. J

Yeah - I fully agree with that. But you know how it works... Internet and stuff...
  12. J

Really? When I look down I see two hands (attached to arms that go to the side of my FOV) typing this text on a keyboard. Do you mean that's not real? That in reality I should hover behind my body seeing that body typing text? And that's the real actual reality? Do you mind that I am somewhat...
  13. J

You are not the only one - Trust me... :oops:
  14. J

Well - If they release the game in such a buggy state, the backlash they have now would be like a paradise compared to what would emerge by then. If you can mod it in by yourself - Be my guest. I will even try to help you if I am capable to do so. But the game must first "hit the road" before...
  15. J

Hmm... Possible. But you can also take in consideration it is technically difficult, if not impossibly, to shoehorn TPP in at this design stage. Maybe they would love to do it after the backlash they got here (although I must say this is possibly the most toxic place at this moment, other sites...
Top Bottom