Recent content by Jotun35

+
  1. J

Movement ST still bad and reaver hunters still OP

Hunters are fine the way they are ATM. Sure they can be removed by Triss and Thunder, but baiting these out before putting down reavers is NR 101. If on top of that, if you play Operator and Dandelion in your decks, you're pretty much assured to have 3 solid Reavers on round 3 and you'll most...
  2. J

Does the game only has SK one faction?

Same here. And if these were interesting SK deck (like Kambi), I would be ok with it. But no. All auto-pilot frost/X-men/bear archetype or Morkvarg + wild boar BS. Funny how so few people were playing the Morkvarg deck last patch and suddenly everyone and their moms are playing it now. Because...
  3. J

[SK] Legendary Kambi

Kambi is fun to play. However, the way it is now and seeing the meta, it's just not viable. Maybe at the very top of the ladder for surprise effect, but the problem of Kambi decks is that they lack very much in power and SK only has a couple of good tempo + thinning options but they are all on...
  4. J

Vabjorn is OP

No he isn't. You're basically playing a meta deck (and I bet, net decking) and come winning about a useless gold card, probably the worst of SK? Really? I'm glad Vabjorn is hard countering fog decks. They need a hard counter.
  5. J

I cannot WEATHER this storm much longer

That's pretty much how I feel too. I'm fine with Dagon kicking my butt with all the weather synergies. However when I see some skellige (not the axemen ones) or control decks (NR for example) with no synergies with weather, spamming them and getting away with it and winning... I call BS on this.
  6. J

When your opponent sees all the cards in your hand, why keeping playing?

True that. I've never played reveal, but many decks are totally predictable and an experienced player can easily know what a given opponent is playing and what will be his/her next most optimum move and plan accordingly.
  7. J

I cannot WEATHER this storm much longer

All units agile? Not so fast! SK Skirmishers and An Craite Raiders aren't agile! Which is amazing for a faction with no unit to clear the weather on a row! That's the main reason why one of my deck has a 100% lose rate against Dagon fog/frost decks.
  8. J

Why is everyone using Renew?

It's just a very powerful and versatile gold. Before patch, everyone and their mom was running Ciri and I was like "Nope, renew is leagues better"... It's even more true now. So instead of running Ciri as their generic gold (or RNR or drought) people are now running Renew. You do not have to...
  9. J

How many games just come down to "who draws more golds"?

It's a dead card round 1 though. Which is an ok trade off.
  10. J

Thoughts and Advice? Discard Deck!

I've created this discard hybrid deck. http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/22035-trollige It's pretty decent so far! The idea is to thin the deck with the Bran + An Craite Raider and the maidens while still getting amazing tempo from thinning. Then the special cards are here to counter all the...
  11. J

Ideas on Weather

I really like the idea of effects of weather happening at the end of the turn instead of the beginning. That would make playing a weather card way more risky. ATM you can frost a row with 5 units sitting on it and therefore get a 5 value if it is cleared directly aftet. Out of a bronze card...
  12. J

Extreme vulnerable against weather monster

Oh yeah! CBH will be useless next patch. But it's a pretty cool card at the moment. I will definitely stop playing my Morkvarg/CBH/LLS deck after the patch hit. And after that, I bet Morkvarg won't be played that much any more. Honestly, SK is one of the faction with the worst silvers and the...
  13. J

Post Patch Deck Predictions?

Lol. No. SK will be trash tier after the patch. CBH are useless now. Queens guard are still good but the bears can't keep the medics at bay. What remains is wound archetype which seems a bit better but still quite far from being competitive (I'll give it a shot though), discard will forever be...
  14. J

Extreme vulnerable against weather monster

Brokvar Hunters love weather, especially frost. Just make sure to sandwich one between two units on round 1, make round 1 a long one so the hunter gets buffed to 20+ and then profit.
  15. J

List of stuff that is currently pushing me away from the game

So? How's that worse than kicking in the nuts people that invested a lot of scraps in an SK deck that will become almost unplayable after patch?
Top Bottom