Recent content by pfn

+
  1. pfn

Gig Life's Work bug

Yep-- stuck on the same thing. Latest patch hasn't fixed it. :(
  2. pfn

Patch 1.1

Anybody else having the game crash straight from the launcher? I've tried clicking on "update", but nothing happens. When I hit "play", it begins "syncing" and then just crashes within seconds. Any suggestions?
  3. pfn

(!)Possible fix for the infamous "TW2EE not running" error (for non steam versions).

I used it on Win7 64bit and it works fine.
  4. pfn

The Witcher 2 game start issue

Looks like another player created a fix by editing the exe file and now I've finally gotten the game to start and play! See here: http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29609-possible-fix-for-the-infamous-tw2ee-not-running-error/page__gopid__807256
  5. pfn

(!)Possible fix for the infamous "TW2EE not running" error (for non steam versions).

Bravo! It's working for me so far. Even been able to load and play some previous gamesaves. And yes, works directly with the .exe and not the launcher. Players = win. CD Red = fail.
  6. pfn

No saved games from Witcher 1 (although I doubt that would stop the game from even starting) and tried windowed mode and made sure using the same resolution. Nothing.
  7. pfn

Nope, no difference running as Admin. And no response from Soluto at all either.
  8. pfn

Sorry if it was not clear-- witcher2.exe does not work either. Same result....nothing. The only difference is that I cannot find anything in the Event Viewer when the .exe fails. And no, in the Soluto crash timeline is shows only one app-- Firefox. And that is even for something BEFORE...
  9. pfn

Here are my stats from Event Viewer when trying to run the launcher: Event 1000, Application error: Faulting application name: Launcher.exe_The Witcher 2 Game, version: 0.9.0.958, time stamp: 0x4f4f8468 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17651, time stamp: 0x4e211319...
  10. pfn

Can't launch EE version (either Steam or GOG one)

When checking the event viewer here are the two errors I'm getting (when I try to launch but nothing happens): Event 1000, Application error: Faulting application name: Launcher.exe_The Witcher 2 Game, version: 0.9.0.958, time stamp: 0x4f4f8468 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version...
  11. pfn

I went back and found my original setup for Witcher 2 and re-installed that and got it to launch. Then took the 36 patch files (plus the English voiceover files) from the Witcher site and tried to patch it. Installed OK (takes a looong time). Restarted the comp. And still neither launcher...
  12. pfn

Same here. The game will not even start. I've tried the automated patch once which got stuck on the pack0.zip problem and then apparently ruined my registry because after manually downloading all 36 files of the patch....it now tells me I need to install the original version of the game...
  13. pfn

Awful lag

Yeah, honestly with that graphic chip, you don't have a chance of this working well.
  14. pfn

Possible solution to stuttering/lag

Well, I also have ATI graphics (4850) but none of this fixes the stuttering yet. I had the same problem with the last upgrade before 2.0 and only installing new ATI Catalyst Application Profiles fixed it. SO I likely have to wait for an update of these from ATI to get this thing to work...
Top Bottom