Recent content by RepHope

+
  1. R

Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

LMAO. It's like I warned you guys, you guys are still trying to hold them to stuff they said back in 2012-2013, back when they thought they'd have Cyberpunk out by 2015. All that stuff they promised? Forget it, they had no clue what they were doing back then, hell they still might not. They were...
  2. R

CEO of CDPR Adam Kicinski on (a possibile) Witcher 4. True or fake news?

They'd have to canonize an ending then, since he basically kills himself in one of them. They have canonized some stuff before so while I could see them doing it, I think it's far more likely if a new entry is created it will be separated by either time or space from the Geralt trilogy. A game...
  3. R

Gameplay - depth vs complexity vs fun

Do you think GTA is the only open-world game out there? I've listed FNV and Bloodlines as alternatives for where they could go. There's also Deus Ex's hub based system. These are much more likely scenarios for what they have in mind than Rockstar's boring playgrounds. They had a VATS like...
  4. R

Not the point dude, the point is that everything they've revealed so far has pointed towards it NOT being like whatever isometric copycat you've created in your head. I think it will have more RPG elements than Witcher, we'll get character customization, hopefully classes and skill checks in...
  5. R

CEO of CDPR Adam Kicinski on (a possibile) Witcher 4. True or fake news?

A spin-off then like Mass Effect: Andromeda as many suspected. Wonder if they'll want to choose a Witcher MC or just have "Set in the world of the Witcher" and let you play as a mage or something.
  6. R

It's less for me that it HAS to and more so being self-aware of CDPR's history and taking a look at who've they hired instead of setting yourself up for disappointment by imagining a Cyberpunk 2077 that never was. They've only made action-RPGs, they've hired guys like Rowley who have shooter...
  7. R

Dude if you think there's even a possibility this AAA game is going to be anything like old-school isometric RPGs let me clarify for you now: It won't. Kyle Rowley who is one of the Game Designers worked on Quantum Break, a shooter before this. RedEngine is not an isometric engine. All these...
  8. R

Dialogue NOW WITH POLL!

VA costs are the main reasoning you don't get long-winded dialogue options like PS:T anymore, outside of isometric games. I like having that much dialogue, but it's not really realistic if the PC is voiced. For that reason, I prefer the silent protagonist V:TMB model. But since I suspect CDPR...
  9. R

On a crafting note....

Anyone else kinda burned out with the whole crafting aspect? I'm kind of sick of collecting 10 rusty iron knives and breaking them down to make an Infinity+1 sword.
  10. R

Platform Discussion Thread

They also said they were going to release mod tools. They released them for W2. They didn't for W3. Know why? Because not enough people used the mod tools to make it worthwhile. They promised a Linux port for W3. They didn't release it. See where I'm going with this? If there actually was a vast...
  11. R

Rockstar must be shaking in their boots

Once CDPR manages to outsell Bethesda then maybe we can talk about Rockstar. But Rockstar doesn't even bother to wait until E3 to announce stuff. They're so far removed from the rest of the industry it's laughable to think they're intimidated at all by CDPR.
  12. R

So how do you think (protagonist) intro will roll out?

It will definitely be voiced. Hoping for Origins-style intros.
  13. R

Character Customization!

Expecting an AAA game to have the same feature as an old-school CRPG is just a recipe for setting yourself up for disaster friend. Then again W2 let you just let the "bad guy" walk away, and the HoS/BaW expansions did the same. So maybe you could get an option like that.
  14. R

Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

Expect something like ME3. Some competitive modes, maybe a limited cooperative mode with the host making all the choices and the other person just tagging along, and if you want you can completely ignore it just like with Gwent. The real concern is whether micro transactions will show up. I...
  15. R

Dumping ground/discussion thread for Dream RPG posts

I'm looking for the article but they confirmed she's not planned to actually feature in the game.
Top Bottom