Recent content by serdinq

+
  1. S

[ACT I] This act was amazing! Are they other acts just as good and atmospheric?

Chapter 1 is only 1/8 of the game? I think it's more of the game but that is very difficult to estimate.
  2. S

The Witcher: console vs PC?

You are falling into exaggeration, you can't generalize like that, for example consoles can be quite good for controls of RPG. I'm playing FFIV on DS and the interface design is excellent. Menus work better than with a mouse and the pad is at least as good than movement keys on a keyboard. The...
  3. S

The Witcher Compared to ES IV:Oblivion and Others

Are you giving the stick to beat you? I think the designers put a lot of effort in avoiding that any choice is better than other, it's more choices that are different and involve different path, story and options. And you drop to trash all of this because you believe there's only a single path...
  4. S

So I lost my Disc...

Woo so you get a car replacement for free if you lost your car?Ha yes I see you can't do a copy of the car?Ok fine, the same for some game discs.What's the difference?Anyway all of that is pure rhetoric and depends of the laws of the country. Trying to apply a basic logic here leads nowhere.
  5. S

The Witcher: console vs PC?

When looking for a map tool I found instead a console RPG, Etrian Odyssey II. That leads me to Etrian Odyssey I site.Many points attract my attention:I saw Dungeon Master quoted on one of the 2 sites,there's a podcast about history of first person RPG in EO1 siteand both games include a system...
  6. S

[IMPORTANT] RED asks the community

Favourite cutscene => Introduction! Otherwise peasants running to escape the rain.Favourite character => Other than Geralt, Morenn or TrissFavourite quote => Children quotes and Peasants comments about rain.Favourite quest =>The quest around the bank robberyFavourite monster => WyvernsFavourite...
  7. S

So, who else has bought this game twice now?

Cough cough, I rarely resist. ;D
  8. S

The Witcher Compared to ES IV:Oblivion and Others

Why Oblivion fans have choose The Witcher as their target? I don't remember have seen so much Oblivion geeks on other forums like for Gothics or Neverwinter.
  9. S

[ACT II] Struggling in the swamps

The more simple is to fight them one by one. For that go near slowly and when one comes run back to attract one far from other.Otherwise I enjoyed used movements back and counter attacks when fighting only one, a bit of timing is involved you need study a bit their attack patterns.If you see two...
  10. S

So, who else has bought this game twice now?

But it worth post 19 messages in a forum dedicated to this game? I wonder what is the logic of some people.
  11. S

What would you like to see in expansion or sequel

I see what you both want and I can understand it. But such requests are going to build a game that do all the job for the player.Yes you could have hyperlinks between quests and various entries of the encyclopedia for example. Or yes each time you get an information related to a quest it should...
  12. S

Can I safely get rid of books, etc. that I've read?

You probably point a detail that could have been more realistic but would have require work and time to improve it. Isn't the big evil seeking some witcher secrets? It's one point of the beginning. And later you find some of them at some merchants, can anybody say to the evil camp that they just...
  13. S

What would you like to see in expansion or sequel

I disagree that quests should take you more by the hand and do the work for you. Thanks the game doesn't say you what's you next opponent is in the dice quest (and in the fist quest), there's no logic to know it asap and one part of the fun is find your opponents. That sort of quests is filling...
  14. S

World size

The geographical limits of the area is one point I felt not that well done. In many cases it's not natural and you can feel it illogical. Some example of obstacles that don't work at all: Dense vegetation, sample wood barrier, any obstacle you feel you can jump above or climb, there's some...
  15. S

[SOLVED with a MOD] Walking in OTS

If that true? There's really a walk through the shift key? Lol. That said I agree that even if it's not a major point, walk/run toggle is better in any game and have an automatic walk on when fight starts is an excellent idea to tune the system.I'm (re)playing currently Mask of the Betrayer and...
Top Bottom