Recent content by sycandre

+
  1. S

[IMPORTANT] RED asks the community

Favourite cutsceneThe boat approach of the swamps in chapter 2Favourite characterJaskierFavourite quoteCan't remember a specific oneFavourite questThe party organized by Leuvarden. I loved this long diplomatic/intrigue sequenceFavourite monsterThe beast and its minionsFavourite locationWizima. I...
  2. S

[EPILOGUE] Ending cutscene / cinematic discussion

And remember also that in prologue, Vesemir tales Geralt about other witcher schools, from which he doesn't had news since a long time. It is most probable that one of those schools has converted into human assassination. After all, Geralt slowly realize during his own adventure, that the most...
  3. S

Radovid may have runned his own project of mutation, but I doubt It is the case: we know that this mutation stuff requires heavy means, alchemy and strong wizardry. If Radovid started after the order, I doubt his project would be more advanced. Moreover, Javed mutants are not Witchers. They do...
  4. S

[EPILOGUE] Alvin's identity

But GM vision also shows a decadent humanity, turned to monsters. His idea being to save humanity. In this sense, he thinks he can alter the future. OR to see it differently, he has a partial and unperfect vision of the future. So he tries to do what he can within what is left blank.
  5. S

The GM plan is to change the future. He believes in his prophexy of the Ice age, but he also believes he can change this doom by achieving his master plan.Why wouldn't he think he can interfere with himself in his young age, to shape himself the way he wants? Maybe is he also fearing to die...
  6. S

Triss just said that Alvin may even have time transported. She doesn't specify if it is in the future or past. GM doesn't appear in the Witcher world after Alvin teleportation. In the previous chapters, we are already told about him. It is in a previous chapter that we learn that Jacques of...
  7. S

Though I'm a supporter of the GM=Alvin thesis, we have to remember that Geralt has lost his memory. During all the game he meets characters he has already encountered, who have a past with him. There are many references to Sapkowski books also. What the GM tells Geralt about him owing him...
  8. S

I'm not convinced by the hypothesis of the last scene assassin to be a fast grown up Alvin. Azzar Javed mutants are not kids but salamandra and order members, quickly mutated, not grown-up. Though I may admit he can be a grown up Alvin (he got a quite large mouth), I think that if he is so, it...
  9. S

[EPILOGUE] Which boss is toughest?

It took me two times to kill the beast, and I finished hardly the fight. Because it happens early in the game, when you are not perfectly trained with style/potions/signs, it probably makes it the toughest fight of the game.The Kikimore queen was also terribly dangerous. In fact, it was the most...
  10. S

Geralt says the GM medailon looks like Alvin ones, so he actually tell you, the player, to consider the GM=Alvin hypothesis.But time transport doesn't seem to be an everyday phenomenon in the Witchers world. Triss says that it may possibly happen when gifted people like Alvin teleports. So I...
  11. S

Same interpretation for me.In the final battle with GM, the spectre clearly tales us he considers Geralt as his best tool of destruction. He proposes him to accept his role. Maybe has he already appeared to some Witchers to convert them to his cause.Another option is that this Witcher is one who...
  12. S

[EPILOGUE] I want to keep all my suff

I like character crafting. I love it. In my old RPG "career", I built hundreds characters. But I like to build my role before playing it, not during the adventure itself.What I love are complexe, multillayered character creations, with bunches of customisations possible. But I like to craft an...
  13. S

The character building drift is CRPG one, not a RPG one. In most pen and paper RPG, character progression is just a long term evolution. Your character never "grow" during a single adventure.Being professionnal, fully developed, doesn't mean you can do everything. Your character, even with a...
  14. S

Extensions

It would be nice if we could have access to all maps in the end, with places filled with the usual generic NPC, and the living major ones in their places. It would be cool, if the quests that were disconnected with the main story, and that were not finished, could be finally done at this...
  15. S

Well, I hope that for the sequel, CD Projekt will dare to break with the dated CRPG idea of starting the game with a dumb character to make him a super hero in a few days. In the present game, they used the only valid trick to do so : amnesia. But you can't always justify to start with a blank...
Top Bottom