Recent content by tierce

+
  1. T

[ACT II] The Order Meets The Golem

Oh, that's rich, Garce. I wonder if you can use the same trick to fry elves.... :evil:
  2. T

[ACT II] Thirsty Old Woman

An excellent point...I don't recall if I had already got that formula or not. I'll have to check. Thanks! :peace:
  3. T

[ACT II] Thirsty Old Woman

I did a fast test on one of my old saves and dragged Gramps on a tour of the swamp. He's a fount of information. I didn't get the Maribor forest potion from him, even though I went all over Three Islands. Is there another trigger that I might have missed?@Game Widow: All the Socia'tel huntress...
  4. T

Is there a way to turn off the swearing in the game?

I don't believe there is any way to turn off the swearing. The swearing is part of the dialog recorded by the actors. A no-swearing option would require re-recording a lot of the dialog, and I don't believe CDP would do that. It would be expensive, and CDP has stated that the crudity of the game...
  5. T

Do i need to download the original witcher first?

I haven't had any trouble with the graphics, really. There are some complaints about blur when shifting the depth of field and some issues with light bloom that I frankly don't understand, but nothing that's a game breaker. I'm not a video purist so I have no trouble with these things at all...
  6. T

Enhanced Edition (EE) Questions answered here

When you open the Witcher launcher, there is an option to check for updates. Click it and you'll go to a web page that will tell you what Witcher version you're running. If it isn't 1.4.xx then you don't have the EE installed. :peace:
  7. T

[ACT II] A gift for the Gossip

The dialog option to give her a gift seems to appear randomly. Fortunately, she is willing to put up with you approaching her over and over until you get the dialog option. She's after red gloves, IIRC.
  8. T

[ACT I] How do I find alcohol with which to make potions?

If you want help playing the Witcher, the people here will give you help. Many people spend all their time on the board helping new players and don't mind at all: we were all newbies once. Petra is one of those people. Get off her back.If you just want to whine, shut up. If you don't want to...
  9. T

Do i need to download the original witcher first?

Or not. The graphics problems depend a lot on your setup, the level of graphics you select and your personal tolerance for problems. I personally don't find the graphics issues that bad, and the enhancements in 1.4 (dialogue, inventory) make it worth putting up with small video issues. YMMV, of...
  10. T

[ACT II] Memory of a Blade--problem

Some of them are...many of them make for funny stories afterward, even if they weren't funny at the time. Now there's a thought. Why didn't I think of that? Duh! :peace:
  11. T

[ACT I] Beast riddles? (Spoilers maybe)

There is a whole sticky thread devoted to this topic here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2424.0
  12. T

[mod] Lochlain's Reskin Projects: Upd 11/4

Just dump the files into the override folder. It does work with the EE.
  13. T

[ACT II] Memory of a Blade--problem

Yes, you do, and I've already done those steps. I finally gave up and moved on. When I look over my posts, I think I have more strange bugs and flaky failures than anyone else on these boards. I guess it follows the rest of my life: I'm a walking statistical anomaly. Things happen to me that...
  14. T

[ACT II] The con is no longer on?

It shouldn't matter that you're near the end of the chapter or what you've looted, as long as you still have the ring for the quest. Since I was able to track him down I've seen him there as early as 05:00, when the red claw marks are still in the time indicator, until around 07:00. If you plan...
  15. T

[General] All locked doors

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you meant the house doors. The doors to the sheds or barns or whatever those outbuildings are don't open. And no, Geralt never returns to the Outskirts.
Top Bottom