Recent content by Yuli-Ban

+
  1. Yuli-Ban

Now playing [music]

This is a good morning for some doom metal and '70s electronica. That's how I like my metal: the slower and riffier, the better. Unless I need speed. Then it's time to break out the NWOBHM & thrash. Unless I need something truly edgy which makes me cringe at how much mom and dad just don't...
  2. Yuli-Ban

Now -this- is Cyberpunk.

They vastly overestimated our potential technological capability, and the fact we had a sort of Antiquity of space exploration thanks to '69 thru '72 didn't help at all. I call that era "Space Antiquity" because it really was the era where we displayed the ability to do what we wanted to do, but...
  3. Yuli-Ban

"Transhumanist Run": Will there be a level cap or New Game Plus?

I mentioned it in another thread: And that spurred me to consider this game's potential mechanics. I've said time and time again that I'm "a child of Grand Theft Auto," which means I'm one of those who prefers freedom, unlike, say, my dad who grew up on SNES and PS1 RPGs where you chose your...
  4. Yuli-Ban

How do you plan to play 'V'?

Depends on how the game feels, in all honesty. I personally could go 100% techie or netrunner, but Skyrim spoiled me with its freeform class system and ability to go jack-of-all-trades. Same reason why I loved Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut more than the original game: with the...
  5. Yuli-Ban

Now -this- is Cyberpunk.

This looks like a fantastic thread to spam some futuristic realism/slice of tomorrow nonsense. Like this: You ever wonder what flying cars would look like from the ground? Why not let Chinese lanterns help you out? Or what about an industrialized moon? If we're going to colonize Luna, we're...
  6. Yuli-Ban

Now -this- is Cyberpunk.

7. Yuli-Ban

Has anyone ever seen day-time cyberpunk?

Of course? Many cyberpunk works have scenes set during the day. Now that I think of it, most works that I've seen or read in the cyberpunk and post-cyberpunk genres have blue skies at least at some point. The whole "rain at night" thing is an homage to film noir that just happened to become a...
  8. Yuli-Ban

Let's talk about vehicles

FERAL GROWL
  9. Yuli-Ban

Two weeks after: your thoughts on CDPR's vision of Cyberpunk

I like what I see. I personally want just one decent open-world sci-fi game set in a more traditionally sci-fi world, and while I'd prefer something closer to GTA/Saints Row just due to the raw freedom, one that's as narrative-driven as this one is more than fine to me. Preferable, even, because...
  10. Yuli-Ban

Let's talk about vehicles

Personally, that's kind of a bummer, but not totally. As long as they're still in the game. After all, that's how real passenger drones work: you won't have any direct control of them save putting in a destination at the start and putting in course changing commands while in flight. This because...
  11. Yuli-Ban

Non-Combat Play

Actually, the reason why cyberpunk took place at night was more because of a direct inspiration from film noir where the weather is always "rain at night". Cyberpunk in the '80s was treated like "modern film noir".
  12. Yuli-Ban

Character Appearance Thread

Yes, it's certainly cliche, but it's also punk. And I mean actually traditionally punk. Back in the day (read: '76-'86 or so), the side-shaves/mostly-one-side hairdo was right alongside mohawks in terms of what "punk hair" looked like. If mohawk was the A-list, side-shave undercuts were the...
  13. Yuli-Ban

Non-Combat Play

14. Yuli-Ban

Non-Combat Play

Some of the most fun I have in open world games is from freeroaming, not causing much harm though always having the freedom to do so. It's one reason why I hoped that the game would at least feature some non-urban areas to explore (because futurist fiction always downplays the natural world if...
  15. Yuli-Ban

Non-Combat Play

Immediately breaking off topic because this thread is mostly focused on perceived class status in-game, you know what would be interesting to me? If you could go around wealthy areas and cause a little bit of havoc, maybe killing a wealthy member of society, and this immediately has major...
Top Bottom