Search results

+
  1. J

Patch 1.07 - Changelog

Download the patch from GOG.com, no disconnects there. On a side note why's the steam patch 5GB whereas the GOG version is only 2GB, better compression?
  2. J

Crafting Mutagens is broken since 1.05

Yes I'm having the same, can't craft more than 1x mutagen of each.
  3. J

Why does my controller vibrate?

When your Quen shield runs out the controller vibrates once to signal this
  4. J

Does level scaling necessarily mean removing threats?

Well if I recall correctly you start the game with 4k HP, I am now lvl 12 and have a 4420 base HP which equates to a 35 HP increase per lvl. If I'm wrong and you start out with less HP feel free to correct me.
  5. J

Does level scaling necessarily mean removing threats?

On Death March you get barely any stat increases as you level up (I think it's +35HP per lvl), I am currently lvl 12 and a pack of lvl 4 Drowners can still own me if I let them gang up on me and try to just button mash my way through.
  6. J

Chernobog Runestone

I second this, same for me all Chernobog rune stones are +0% attack power
  7. J

[BUG] Ibrahim Savi's First Map

[BUG] Ibrahim Savi's First Map Ibrahim Savi's First Map does not grant the Quest for the Bear School Witcher Gear upon reading it.
  8. J

Never had the option to decide the world state in Vizima

Actually it is right after picking new game, you get the options to select world state, import previous TW2 save or just start the game
  9. J

Game randomly freezing

Hi there glad I could help, so it is indeed a combination of both or either of those, arghh this makes the issue even more erratic and difficult to deal with for the devs.
  10. J

what difficulty is everyone playing on?

Playing on Death March, toughest fights so far for me were the large Wolf packs containing what 7 Wolfs and 1 Warg? Just hit Velen, haven't gotten into a fight there yet. My biggest enemy so far has been myself when getting overconfident and getting killed while going all out on an enemy. Best...
  11. J

Game randomly freezing

Yeah I know it's a hot topic atm, I also asked a mod to remove the solved tag in the thread title as obviously my 1st assessment was wrong and the GOG thing doesn't apply to everyone ie steam users. Still I was shocked at how consistently I am able to reproduce the freezes when going through...
  12. J

Game randomly freezing

Good question dunno, I'll check but I think not as Galaxy is still rather spartan at the moment. Are these freezes also happening on the Steam version? Edit: just checked Galaxy and there doesn't seem to be an overlay, there at least aren't any settings to disable/enable nor any options set a...
  13. J

Game Freezing when browsing through inventory

Are you guys running the game through GOG Galaxy? If so try and launch the game directly through its executable and NOT via the Galaxy launcher, this fixed the menu freeze ups for me entirely.
  14. J

Game randomly freezing

Hi guys just chiming in to update y'all and post a correction: I was actually wrong and the performance option in the driver was not the fix at the least not for me. What did it for me and which I can consistently reproduce is NOT running the game through GOG Galaxy. If I launch the game via...
  15. J

This CDPR and Nvidia partnership are totally bullshit!

Something has to be wrong with that testing setup, I'm running the game on 1440p on a single Titan X @ 1400MHz with all settings set to ULTRA, HBAO+ and Max Hairworks and am getting 54-60 FPS. On 1080p getting such low FPS on a Titan X seems rather dubious to me
  16. J

Game randomly freezing

What GPU are you on, Kepler or Maxwell? I read Kepler was having some more troubles in W3 and maybe this fix only works on Maxwell (9xx and up) Additionally I am playing in full screen mode, no borderless windowed, maybe that has an impact too?
  17. J

Game randomly freezing

Did you set it on the global driver preferences or on the Witcher 3 profile? You need to do it on the latter as the Witcher 3 profile overrides global settings to NVidia preferred which is Adaptive. I'll update the OP to clarify. ---------- Updated at 10:19 AM ---------- look at my above reply
  18. J

Game randomly freezing

I've been going for close to 3h w/o a crash ---------- Updated at 09:59 AM ---------- My issue was different, I didn't CTD my game froze and aside from signing out I couldn't do squat, wouldn't let me switch focus to another window nor the desktop in general. As for your issue, have you tried...
  19. J

Game randomly freezing

Game randomly freezing Hello fellow Witchers. For those of you experiencing freezes on NVidia Cards go into the NVidia Control Panel and under Manage 3D settings got to "Program Settings" and select "The Witcher 3" profile. Set the power management mode to "Prefer maximum performance", the...
  20. J

GTX 680 will max TW 3 ?

that's due to your low res, I play @ 1440p aka 2560x1440 and get an avg of approx 45 fps
Top Bottom