Search results

+
  1. S

In game character Perspective!

The feeding animations, I completely forgot those. Yep, those are nice in third person. I just hated the switch everytime you tried to use a melee weapon and it was as if the game was trying to tell me "Use a melee weapon? In VTMB? Not without a migraine you won't!". Switching to third person...
  2. S

This depends on the implementation. If first person is putting the camera inside the character's head (and making it rotate the character's head) as opposed to hovering behind it in TP, I'm all for it, because it means that we get a fine and fleshed-out first person perspective in a Mirror's...
  3. S

heads up display in CP 2077

I'm not, be assured. I just don't think that CDPR can implement a system that has correctly splintering bones, among other things. So my best guess is that it would be a system where health is measured either on a per extremity or on the basis of hits to respective skeletal bones (meaning the...
  4. S

heads up display in CP 2077

Since we've been talking about the idea of an in-game HUD a lot... The idea of not having a conventional HUD at all has been flung around. I like it, but some things need to be done to make it a viable option against using a HUD (maybe some players just don't like using a HUD at all?). No...
  5. S

The little things...

Having these kinds of things as a difficulty option, just like Hardcore mode in New Vegas, would be really cool. But I don't think that it would be fun to play to somebody who doesn't want to play with this kind of systems in place, or somebody who just wants to have fun and not have a life...
  6. S

Cyberpunk 2077 FPP/TPP confirmed

Another person having problems with the low FOV in Skyrim. I say give both FPP and TPP equal priority for once, because you'll either mess up one or the other if you give one priority over the other. FPP: I want to see my body, just like in Mirror's Edge. And my feet. Anyway. A combination of...
  7. S

What do you NOT want to see in the game?

Red Jelly is annoying as hell, I'll agree. But iron sights are very handy, I tend to find. I personally like using iron sights more than a god damned crosshair (really, how weird would YOU find it if you had a crosshair floating 3ft in the air before you, pointing to wherever you're looking...
  8. S

Character Naming Issues

Even with clever writing a character who never gets referred to by name will seem hollow. Except if that character has some kind of plot-convenient amnesia (which gets us back to the "clever writing" part: plot-convenient amnesia isn't). IIRC they said that it'll be a story revolving around our...
  9. S

Character Naming Issues

I see several things that are possible: A) Pre-defined male and female name B) Pre-defined last name (can get awakward - see the Mass Effect situation) C) A list of relatively common first and last names to choose from (plus maybe a nickname) D) Voice synth software implementation. You have the...
  10. S

Dual Wielding Handguns, smg's.... Yes, No, Maybe?

Akimboing two guns is always my favorite in video games, especially when the controls actually were akimbo (LMB-left gun, RMB-right gun). We whould have this option for all guns, but removing ironsights zoom and practically making you devoid of all accuracy, especially when dual wielding...
  11. S

Should ACPA be available?

It's all about availability and pricing. If they're pricey, require some kind of power source and are only ever worn by very special people, Power Armor suits are OK. If they end up being just like in FO3, then we have a problem. I remember throughly looting every single Enclave soldier I found...
  12. S

What weapons do you want to see in the game?

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 and basically all other CryEngine 3 based games (if it's not diabled by the devs... I know for a fact most don't even diable TP. Press F1 for TP and removal of crosshair. Works in any CryEngine game, by the way). Also, BFBC2 and BF3. I don't think they account for wind...
  13. S

Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

As sandbox goes, that's pretty much what one would want out of one. But, I'll say it again, this is very hard to do properly. Look towards the BFBC/BF series and Mercenaries 2 for how to do it wrong. In BF, the wall gets magically teleported away and replaced with lots of smoke, andin Mercs 2...
  14. S

I assume you have played Gears of War? And there, you've got recoil coming in in third person aiming. This makes it incredibly difficult to stay on target, because your crosshair basically goes crazy. About realism, I really don't know. I just like having a center point to aim with. what I...
  15. S

Um... you seem to not grasp WHY the TES and Fallout series have had this problem. It is, simply put, because the same animations are reused for every single type of humanoid character. And there's also the pretty old gamebryo engine to take into consideration. When that was created, the idea was...
  16. S

I wish I could have 3 screems... nah, I can make do with my 32" TV (until I start using Hammer, of course...). When you talk about audio: position 2 normal speakers right, and you'll need nothing else (of course I'm talking speakers with actual woofers and tweeters, not the junk you normally get...
  17. S

So today I had a lot of free time and sat down and thought about storytelling in video games, and why Bioshock: Infinite's story came across like it did. This is the part that's related to this discussion: In a book, everything done is told either in the 3rd or second person (as in, either "...
  18. S

So. 3D Printed guns. Now. By 2077?

I thought that 3D printed gun prototype existed a few months ago already. I might be wrong. Anyway, I don't think that 3D printing will be used for guns much. Grip, stock and attachments, maybe. But for the barrel and chamber, it probably wouldn't be all that good an idea. These parts are...
  19. S

Combat system

It's intended as an RPG. You should be able to take your enemies' underpants.
  20. S

Combat system

That's an interesting idea, but it's not what I meant. I meant that you could bandage wounded limbs and also stabilize them if they aren't completely crippled (or just broken bones). Well, Sardukhar. Difficulty should actually be executed different to most games. Instead of more enemies against...
Top Bottom