Search results

+
  1. A

Welcome Thread [Archive]

LOL, yes, welcome back, Daerdin. :D
  2. A

Girls Chamber

@Arkk: Welcome (back)!Hmm, this is my first post in this thread. Well, I'll stand up and be counted: I'm a girl who has played PC games since the mid-Eighties, and not just girly ones. I think my favourite thus far are the "Thief" trilogy, which are like a beautiful animated movie (or three) for...
  3. A

How old are you ?

Hey, somebody else who loved Fate of Atlantis! That was the first game I played with voices (only had King's Quests V and VI on diskette), and the acting was quite good. Ah, the golden age of adventure gaming--how lucky we were to have been old enough to enjoy it. 8)
  4. A

Where are you from ?

Good for you, Dorothy--er, Link006. ;) Looks like you're not in Kansas anymore. ;DWelcome, and also to steelsoldier. :) (I'd quote 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas': "You're not Portuguese, man," except that you are Portuguese, and most people wouldn't get it anyway. --Forgive me; I'm feeling...
  5. A

Poland street underground

Ah, would I were in London!
  6. A

Censorship in The Witcher

The UK is short for the United Kingdom (of Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland) and N. Ireland), so yes, that version will be in English. ;)
  7. A

Welcome Thread [Archive]

I thought Finland was famous for race car drivers. Go, Kimi!
  8. A

BioWare recommends “The Witcher”!

Yeah, that's what I figured, but whatever their motive, the action was good. ;D
  9. A

Here you go, and you can see the whole thing here: http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/news/2007-09-18_newsletter242/BioWare Highly Recommends The Witcher Yes we certainly do. The folks over at CD Projekt have crafted an epic tale of monster hunter extraordinaire Geralt in a world without mercy...
  10. A

How old are you ?

I'm 25, so I guess that makes me middle-aged here. ;DI think the first game I played was the original 'King's Quest', but it may have been 'Hack' (back before it was 'Nethack'). *chuckles* I wonder how many other four-year-olds went around quaffing puce potions? :D
  11. A

Yep, I just got the newsletter: it says they "Highly" recommend it. ;D Congrats!
  12. A

Yet another male-oriented fantasy game...

Hear, hear! :)
  13. A

Where are you from ?

LOL, you guys! ::) :D
  14. A

Where are you from ?

If you guys want a people/architectural zoo, you should see L.A. (Los Angeles, that is--and Beverly Hills too, for that matter). ;) I'm not saying I like it there, because I don't. But I'm afraid I was born there (not in Beverly Hills, lol).
  15. A

LOL :D You're welcome, Seeker. ;D
  16. A

You're right, Seeker, 'warrior' may be applied to a woman as well as a man with perfect propriety (remember the TV show 'Xena: Warrior Princess'?), although the OED (Oxford English Dictionary) also lists 'warrioress' as a word. That one, of course, is strictly feminine and not often used.Anyway...
  17. A

Yeah. I hope that that changes as more and more gamers grow up--that the people in charge realise games, like movies, don't have to be for kids.
  18. A

If Amazon.co.uk sell it (as they probably will), I recommend them. [Edit: I just found out that they don't ship software to the U.S., so scratch that. :( They do ship books there, though, so you can get The Last Wish from them.]Does anyone have a better suggestion? I second the question.
  19. A

LOL, you tell 'em, Michael.T! :D
Top Bottom