Search results

+
  1. V

Would you want to live in Geralt's world?

The Witcher's world is gritty that is sure. But I believe that Forgotten Realms universe is just as dirty and gritty but the difference is the form that the game takes. In baldurs gate you have another style of game and it dosn't suit very well for the adult perspective. It is isometric...
  2. V

Right. Education and 'enlightenment' whatever that means precisely, was poor. Not intelligence. The problem is that people always look at history from current perspectives. In hindsight, every previous time or age seems...simplistic. A typical Dutch windmill was high tech. In 200 years they will...
  3. V

I can deny that very well thank you. Don't talk nonsense. The Romans had central heating. They had concrete. Much of their knwoeledge wa slost because the church gained too much power. But to call those people in that time simpletons is...stupid. They were willfully kept in the dark. But...
  4. V

But why would a medieval looking world half your life expectancy? In the FR there is lots of old geezers. I take it that if there is magic available, you can heal a lot of illnesses. And then there are the witches and healers who brew potions. If you think about it, there is no reason why you...
  5. V

[ACT IV] Where is the Vodyanoi priest?

Thanks. I got that. But I didn't know how to make the priest appear. I haven't tried but I forgot to see Alvin in the house in the village. Totally escaped me. So I could not proceed the Heat quests. I suspect that the priestly dude will appear any minute now.It is all straightforward, like all...
  6. V

[ACT IV] Where is the Vodyanoi priest?

It is unclear to me too. I have the statue, now where is the bracelet? Can I buy just any? Where is the Heat of Day quest originating from?
  7. V

I would choose Forgotten Realms. Sapkowski's world comes close but I kind of set my mind on settling around Beregost when I played Baldurs Gate. :D It looked nice, not too big a city and nice woods nearby, love woods. And I ike the variety of races but in Sapkowski's stories they look more down...
  8. V

Talents - info, recommended [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

Yes, the manual says that the amount of all talents in the game won't allow you to get all skills. What I decided to do when I read this is always keep 6 talents in stock. Now I can choose dpeending on the difficulty of the game what I should focus on. Up till now, I am still in the Outskirts, I...
  9. V

Where are you from ?

Ung! 11 pages! I am SO not going to read them all. But I am from The Netherlands. I am sure someplace in these pages are other Dutch people.
  10. V

Welcome Thread [Archive]

I am Vaipen. From the Netherlands. Yesterday I bought this game that I had desired for for quite a while. On occasion I have read here.Incidentally I was also in the city to buy some books. I didn't expect to find 'The Last Wish'. But sudeenly I saw the Wichers' wolf...thing. So I picked it up...
Top Bottom