Search results

+
  1. K

RPG discussion -- general

Yeah it is, but it harbors RPG elements, such as a storyline about your overlord, and ways to develop his character in terms of choices for good and evil. It fits as much into the genre as Diablo does (I dare say, if not more so...). It also plays more as an RPG than the traditional strategy...
  2. K

Ex Poll: race, class, character and more!!!!!!!!

Haha! Exactly my thoughts ;D
  3. K

Ex Poll: race, class, character and more!!!!!!!!

Dull to some, inspiring to others.. I tend to be the human paladin. Champions of good, willing to sacrifice themselves for a cause. Not quite as colorless as many make them out to be, in my opinion there is plenty of room for giving them character. I guess my desire to play the paladin type...
  4. K

Interview at Rock, Paper, Shotgun

Was an interesting read. Liked hearing the devs' motivations for how they did things and in most cases I can't do much else but agree. Thanks for sharing :)
  5. K

Though perhaps somewhat outdated now, Betrayal of Krondor was a really good RPG for it's time. Very well developed story, but be warned if you don't like to read or lack patience :p
  6. K

Both the expansion titles for the Baldur's Gates are wrong :pIt's Tales of the Sword Coast and Throne of Bhaal.Also, if adding Thief, might as well add some more adventure oriented RPG's? The other edge of the genre ;)Then add Albion, a great story about spaceship pilot Tom Driscoll getting...
  7. K

Can we get a few new wallpapers please!

The majority of those wallpapers is fairly old. I've been using the one with the sunset for a long time.That dryad reminds me of Jaheira somehow.. though more dryad-ish. But yeah it's an incredible piece of artwork.. They should have used that for the in-game card, then again it might have blown...
  8. K

Combat in the game - general discussion

The thing is, if you want to perform your normal attack streaks, you will only need to swiftly tap the mouse button. The special attack (level 4) is performed if you hold your mouse button, and it will only work when the red bar fills up completely, and you release the button then. That said...
  9. K

[EPILOGUE] Quests that were disabled? (SPOILER)

Maybe they originally intended different possible endings concerning the king, but decided it would be too difficult to continue the story in a sequel or expansion with potential different rulership of Temeria depending on the outcome of the original game. So it was cut and instead they gave us...
  10. K

Games with good Medieval castles and towns?

If you don't mind trying an old game with dated graphics, try Albion. You won't reach a traditional medieval city until you're about halfway through the game, but it's a fantastic fantasy (pun intended ;) ) setting and the story is well worth playing through. It also has some optional quests...
  11. K

Two interesting articles at Gamebanshee and MTV Multiplayer

Ok, cool. In the English thread there was only mention of the game enhancements being downloadable I believe. I just assumed the other extra's would be considered 'collector's items' :P
  12. K

I doubt that... source?
  13. K

They mean that you won't be able to download the real world goodies you get in addition to the game itself if you'd buy the enhanced edition. So no, you won't be able to DL the music cd and making of dvd ;)
  14. K

Screenshot of the month - nominations

To be honest I think this has been cancelled due to lack of interest.. (correct me if I'm wrong)
  15. K

PC vs. Consoles

That's a good initiative. A lot more admirable than people/companies pointing fingers at current sales statistics, giving in and jumping on the 'consoles first' bandwagon.
  16. K

A new, improved and enhanced edition of The Witcher approaches!

Good stuff! I read somewhere else that there would also be some professional modules, one that adds to the story some of what happened before the events we've currently seen in the game, as well as a side adventure featuring Dandelion. Those modules would be free for download for all those who...
  17. K

The Witcher – over 600,000 copies sold!

Good to hear ;DI wonder what the big surprise is though... an expansion or a console port? Perhaps an arena mode (be it online or single player) from the 'fight' screenshot? Neither would be a real surprise :P
  18. K

Kinda sad if it will get significantly more response if people can nominate their own screenshots, though it probably will...Personally I think the location of the thread may also have been a bit of an issue, as not so many people will browse to the fan art section as there would be people who...
  19. K

Come on, more nominations please!
  20. K

- DrithiusI just love this scene in-game, and even without the music, I found this shot was captured quite nicely. - TracidoThe night sky and scenery of that area combined are just gorgeous 8) - aYceOk, so I like the looks of skies and the water in this game... yeah ;D
Top Bottom