Search results

+
  1. P

[GENERAL] Witcher swords - discussion & questions

The Dentist's reward is the best for me, hands down (also obtainable from two other sources/quests). You just can't beat the massive damage bonus + armor penetration. However, if you want more finesse and slightly longer combat, D'yaebl is the way to go.
  2. P

Does taking items without permission influence the game?

This is one of the first things I check in any new RPG. I feel bad about taking other people's items until I confirm that NPCs don't even notice it, then my guilt disappears. ;D Usually, their reaction is either instantaneous (attacking you on sight) or non-existent.
  3. P

Video games quiz

No replies? I thought this one was easy. It's Alone in the Dark 1, right at the beginning, when you select whether you want to play with a male or female character.
  4. P

How often do you Crash to Desktop (CtD)?

I only had three crashes in EE. All three were during combat when using Strong Steel, just at the point when my steel sword was about to connect with my opponent's head to kill him. Something to wonder about...
  5. P

The Path

In "Price of Neutrality", Lambert asks Geralt "How was the Path?" or something, to which Geralt responds something along the lines that it was nothing out of the ordinary. (I don't remember the correct lines.) From that dialogue I understood the Path to mean the witchers' way of life, killing...
  6. P

Geralt's Food Intake

That's a common mistake in fantasy literature, albeit forgivable. Authors seem to forget the pre-quantum era rule of physics which states that matter cannot be created or destroyed, so they tend to do things like you described there. It's the same as morphing/transformation: if a man were to...
  7. P

[EPILOGUE] OK... This is Just Stupid...

Ah, that's the thing -- the ice columns are scripted to break when you approach them, after some dialogue. Try approaching them from different angles, or load an earlier save from the Epilogue, if necessary.
  8. P

[ACT II] Re-friending the Blacksmith?

Remember that you need three meteorite runes to upgrade a sword.
  9. P

[ACT I] Little hopping creature???

I think it's a little monkey. Those animals are frequent at the Lakeside, but also in the Outskirts.
  10. P

[ACT II] Shani (old friend of mine)

I suppose she's already given you the quest, and it appears in your Journal. You also need the correct types of drinks (Mettina Rosé, Cherry Cordial Spirit and Temerian Rye Vodka). Then you need to talk to her in her home. If it doesn't work, it's most certainly a bug. Try to "jolt" the quest...
  11. P

Possible Serbian translation of the Witcher books

I think the first step is buy the rights to print a Serbian edition from Mr Sapkowski, and this can only be done by contacting him directly. As for translators, inquire at the local Polish embassy or their cultural/literary society.
  12. P

Have you gotten to the point where you're attacked by Skullheads? Just go forward and maybe a little left.
  13. P

Here comes another community adventure!

I hope the new mod will make the swamps more interesting than the original campaign. :)
  14. P

At what point on the Icy Plains are you exactly? Has the path started to go up the mountain slope? The entire area is supposed to be pretty straightforward. I suppose you're at the very beginning, because that's when the fire demons attack...
  15. P

Game registration - problems and solutions here

Try this topic; it solves a problem similar to yours:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=15595.0
  16. P

Request -- "Strip Dice Poker" Mod

We'll also need a few people to volunteer to pose for new naked models that don't already exist in the game... ;)
  17. P

The 'rarest' component ?!

Tlazolteotl is right -- there's no need for every potion to have Albedo, as its effects don't stack. The same goes for other two effects. Instead of trying to make every potion an Albedo potion, you should try to make it so that one "potion meal" you use before a difficult fight (consisting of...
  18. P

[ACT I] Abigail poison vial discussion

It is removed. I noticed that right after the mob scene, when the Beast appears. You have to pay attention to notice the message about the vial being given to the Reverend.
  19. P

[GENERAL] Fisstech

There's a quest in Act III that involves saving three groups of villagers who are supposedly gathering ingredients there. The first group is in the cave gathering sewant mushrooms (Vitriol), the second is amid a patch of beggartick plants (Hydragenum), and the third is at the former logging camp...
  20. P

[Act IV] Dandelion not showing up at dusk

He's supposed to come right before Alina disappears. I think it was around 7 pm, but it doesn't hurt to show up half an hour earlier, just in case. Did you tell him to meet you in the Fields regarding the quest?
Top Bottom