Search results

+
  1. C

Not ATARI!

EA will still using DRM. Only The Sims 3 contains no DRM, but the rest will contain it.Sorry to disturb your dream.I vote for Deep Silver, Take Two, Bethesda Softworks or the german DTP Entertainment.Deep Silver have published Sacred 2 and is also publishing the upcoming Risen. Take Two is known...
  2. C

The Witcher 2 Combat System --- WHAA??

For complicated combat you don't want to play FPS then, but more beat 'em ups (like tekken or double dragon) or tactical shooters (like splinter cell) But there are also RPG's with combo's. In Sacred 2 you use combat arts and buff's to help with a fight and you can combine the combat arts then...
  3. C

Next game for you?

The following games will be the next ones for me:Drakensang: The River of Time VeneticaDiablo IIIDragon Age: OriginsRisenTES Vthe river of time will be the prequel to Drakensang: The Dark Eye, which was released this year. Drakensang looks alot to Baldur's Gate (and is seen as it's spiritual...
  4. C

[Act III] Velerad won't play dice

Oh sure, both julian and tobias hoffman are also professional. But i played the game before, the first version and then i haven't any problems to play against Velerad. It feels unfinished now.One note is that i didn't then do six feet under and did echoes of yesterday after a posh reception...
  5. C

[Act III] Velerad won't play dice

[Act III] Velerad won't play dice I'm at act III at the moment and have already some quests done. There is one little problem with the miniquest A game of Dice.I'm a professional at the moment and can play against other professionals. I have already won from Munro Bruys and Thaler in Act II.Now...
  6. C

[ACT II] Is it possible to get Siegfried and Shani together?

It won't be possible. And after all, geralt is not a sort of lovedoctor ;)
  7. C

Is it possible to sell your leather armor?

I wonder how you sell the leather armor then. Until now i have no success in selling it.I'm at act III and want to sell the studded leather armor. The armorer near new narakort have no interest in it and the swordsmith (the one who you have to give a gem) also not.The arms dealer at tanners...
  8. C

[ACT II] Can I bypass Vizima Confidential?

No, get used to it. Also, you don't play detective, you hired one.You do some investigations of yourself. The investigation is not that bad. Only have to visit raymond sometimes, chat a little with the suspects, do some autopsy, kick some bandit butts, activate a golem, place some sephirots and...
  9. C

Life after Baldurs Gate!

Yep.. Oblivion was the first game from bethesda to which they made the game for more platforms. The game has also more a casual feel.Still it's not a bad game at all, but they have better titles. Try Morrowind and you will see a difference. Morrowind is also from Bethesda, but was specific made...
  10. C

[EPILOGUE] Romance endings?

I wouldn't call geralt an ordinary person. he is a witcher, a mutant. A special person with no ordinary tasks.Triss has also more in common with Geralt then Shani has. Triss will also mention that geralt once had a relationship with an other sorceress (yennefer). She is friends with that other...
  11. C

What are your opinions on the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher

Well, you better keep that ring just in case.It happened to me twice in a row granny was greeting me and didn't kick me.When i entered for the third time granny wanted to have a cup and that i give her some company, leaving the option to give her some booze or let her see the ring.I choosed to...
  12. C

[GENERAL] “Unexpected” dialogue moments that you LOVED

Since the EE alot of things has changed and so also some dialogues.I was yesterday doing the quest A Posh Reception. So first going upstairs and then first talk to triss.geralt doesn't like it to be on that party. triss calmed him and says just to make the best of it. Geralt then also responses...
  13. C

[ACT III] The Kikimore queen and her cave

Ah, i see the thread has been merged with this one.
  14. C

[ACT III] The Kikimore queen and her cave

Have you also looked in the big Kikimore Queen thread ?You can find several solutions out there.http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3792.0
  15. C

I like picking herbs

Don't hijack threads from others, that's not very nice.Make a new thread of yourself and in the proper section next time.To answer your question: let me guess, you have just re-installed the game, wants now to update it, have registered already and now the patch says your game isn't...
  16. C

[ACT 1] Lost Items due to full Inventory

Yes and actually it is better to have some room in the inventory all the time. Some items aren't really necessary, like the bottled water. Books and scrolls are just one time used and then you can sell them.Unlike TES, The Witcher is not a game to hamster items and store them somewhere. You can...
  17. C

Game guides

That's all fun and well, but it is for everyone different which potions, oils and bombs they use. No wiki nor person can say that. There are no rules of what is the most used. Offcourse there are at least 2 potions which are important for everyone: swallow and cat. and i think white raffard's...
  18. C

Game guides

You could say you miss something.You can improve your combat everytime you gain a level. Gaining levels is acquired by gain experience points, which you get to fullfill quests and slay monsters and other enemies. Large monsters, such as ghouls, will give your more xp. For quests, well there is...
  19. C

[ACT III] The Unforgiven

If you want to remain neutral, then yes. Just let the order and the elves solve their problems and get out of there. But Alvin isn't going with you, let's say he does the great disappearing trick. And he does that all the time, no matter which path you choose.
  20. C

Act II : A Dead End?

That is because when you send the false raymond to the tower it triggers the final part and there is no way back then.So in that case the sephirah given by raymond is always the last sephirah and you should obtain it if you done everything else before.There are similar situations in other acts.
Top Bottom