Search results

+
  1. K

After many years...

After many years... ...I am feeling a surge of nostalgia and sentimentality. I have not visited these parts of the forum for quite some time, especially after my disappointment with regards to the third game. Today, for no apparent reason, I decided to rewatch The Witcher 2 trailers and then...
  2. K

Politics in TW3

Politics in TW3 Personally, I am disappointed with the politics of the game. TW2 is ignored, and most of what happened there is as if they never happened. And instead, we get a generic, simplistic, streamlined portrayal. I was very upset to see this. I was not expecting something on TW2's...
  3. K

I shall give you what you deserve.

I shall give you what you deserve. You deserve to be graced by Emhyr Var Emreis, finally, after months of agonizing wait. I love how he looks! Exactly how I pictured he would / should be. Simple and utilitarian in his apparel, but naturally capable of looking regal and imposing his...
  4. K

Let's play a game: your most anticipated moments

Let's play a game: your most anticipated moments So to put some life back in here, on the auspicious occasion of finally having a break, I've decided to initiate a simple game. Both Witcher games had quite memorable scenes and moments, some funny, some sad, some epic. So what are the scenes /...
  5. K

Three Kingdoms / San Guo 2010

Three Kingdoms / San Guo 2010 Guys, seriously, fucking watch this series: Seriously, fucking watch it. It portrays one of the most interesting periods of Chinese history, with political intrigue that destroys ASoIaF and surpasses even, my dear friends, the Witcher (and you know how much I...
  6. K

The Politics of The Witcher 2. Part 6: Why do they fight?

The Politics of The Witcher 2. Part 6: Why do they fight? Well guys this is it, my final installment of the politics of the Witcher 2 series. This is why I think the Witcher 2 is one of those rare games I can consider a work of art. It is the meaning and pertinence behind all the politics...
  7. K

Jacques de Aldersberg's song

Jacques de Aldersberg's song I've been listening to music at random, and I thought I wanted to listen to This Fire Burns by Killswitch Engage. And as I was listening and paying attention to the lyrics, I thought of Alvin. And I just cried teared up. This song suits him so perfectly: "This...
  8. K

The Politics of The Witcher 2. Part 5: Radovid vs Philippa, the Clash of Titans

The Politics of The Witcher 2. Part 5: Radovid vs Philippa, the Clash of Titans Part Five is up! A piece examining one of my favorite rivalries ever, between two of my favorite characters and magnificent bastards ever! Radovid V the Stern vs Philippa Eilhart. :)
  9. K

The Wild Hunt and Jacques de Aldersberg

The Wild Hunt and Jacques de Aldersberg As TW1 players remember, the Wild Hunt at the end asks Geralt if he could take Jacques' soul, an offer Geralt can accept. So lore experts, can anyone tell me what the Wild Hunt would want from Jacques' soul? Him being a source most likely had something...
  10. K

Video Tribute for the Viper: Letho of Gulet (spoilers)

Video Tribute for the Viper: Letho of Gulet (spoilers) A video tribute I made to my favorite antagonist in video gaming ever. The Witcher 2: Tribute for the Viper, Letho of Gulet Special thanks to Costin for the invaluable help he provided!
  11. K

My Top 10 Video Game Antagonists (2/10) 13/02/13

My Top 10 Video Game Antagonists (2/10) 13/02/13 So having finished my list of top 10 video game protagonists, it is obligatory that I do the same with antagonists. The series will work like its predecessor. The list so far: 10. Saren Arterius (Mass Effect) 9. Raul Menendez (Black Ops 2)...
  12. K

My Favorite Magnificent Bastards series (13/2/13)

My Favorite Magnificent Bastards series (13/2/13) After having finished my List of Top 10 favorite video game protagonists, I thought it would be cool start with an unranked and irregular list of my favorite magnificent bastards in fiction, before proceeding with making a list of my top 10...
  13. K

On Identity: A Personal Journey

On Identity: A Personal Journey Consider it a xmas present :p My latest article, dealing with identity, more precisely collective identity. How do you perceive identity? What group or entity do you identify with, if any? Why or why not?
  14. K

Why as a man, I need Feminism

Why as a man, I need Feminism So as has become pseudo-customary, I'm going to share my latest article, entitled: Why as a man, I need Feminism Now I know some of us clashed on the issue of women in gaming and I did hesitate about sharing this here. But we've comported ourselves very well in my...
  15. K

Why Geralt of Rivia is such a compelling protagonist (spoilers).

Why Geralt of Rivia is such a compelling protagonist (spoilers). So I've been compiling a list of my top 10 favorite video game protagonists (still in progress), and explaining why. And I've now come to our favorite Witcher of the Wolf School, Geralt of Rivia! I figured the White Wolf...
  16. K

Choices and Consequences of Black Ops 2 (all possible variables)

Choices and Consequences of Black Ops 2 (all possible variables) Here's an examination of the C&C in Black Ops 2. Please be open minded, I know it's tempting to dismiss a CoD game. But let's give credit where credit is due and see if RPG devs can learn something form it.
  17. K

Civic Activism (and environmentalism)

Civic Activism (and environmentalism) So I wrote this article On Citizenry and Change, while relating my on-going experience with Greenpeace. I propose that true and effective change needs above all a sense of civic responsibility and dynamism on the part of citizens. Since you guys were...
  18. K

My Top 10 Favorite Protagonists series (22/12/12)

My Top 10 Favorite Protagonists series (22/12/12) So I've had a free day today and I've gone bezerk writing about anything. I've decided to write about my top 10 favorite protagonists (spoilers!): 10. Sam Fisher - Splinter Cell 9. Blacklight - Prototype 8. Adam Jensen - Deus Ex: Human...
  19. K

Legalizing prostitution (article on my blog)

Legalizing prostitution (article on my blog) Hey folks. So I asked the moderators if it's ok to post this and I got the green light. So I wrote a brief piece with regards to human trafficking and how I believe that legalizing prostitution would be a good policy to have, to help combat human...
  20. K

The Politics of the Witcher 2. Part 4: Emhyr, The Hidden Chessmaster

The Politics of the Witcher 2. Part 4: Emhyr, The Hidden Chessmaster Due to formatting issues and restrictions on the number of images I can post here here, I've elected to post the article on Tumblr. You can read the 4rth installement here. Enjoy!
Top Bottom