Search results

+
  1. R

The Witcher 3 for Linux

It's been a while now, which probably means they'll announce it closer to the release of Steam Machines in November.
  2. R

The Witcher 3 for Linux

At this point in time CDPR has not given any statements in regards to Steamos/Linux support for The Witcher 3. During an interview they said they have no plans for releasing the game for the platform but maybe later on. Valve on the other hand has a different idea on what is happening and seem...
  3. R

The Witcher 3 for Linux

Both are no longer on the Steam website and to be fair all the other games advertisments were taken down as well. If nothing is said about this again I'm going to be annoyed. If CDPR doesn't give us a response, should we email Gabe Newell? He is notorious for replying to his emails and maybe...
  4. R

The Witcher 3 for Linux

I just found it myself and was going to post something about it. Hopefully it's not a redo of what happened last year.
  5. R

The Witcher 3 for Linux

Valve is also going to be presenting glNext at GDC, the successor to OpenGL, which will compete with Directx12. http://hexus.net/tech/news/software/80414-valve-present-glnext-high-performance-graphics-gdc/ http://www.pcgamer.com/opengl-successor-to-be-unveiled-at-gdc-session/
  6. R

The Witcher 3 for Linux

Most likely for servers unfortunately, linux is popular when it comes to servers. We haven't had any offical news for linux games from CDPR since TW2, and I think the uproar caused from it not being native may be a reason why we won't have another linux game from them for a long while.
  7. R

The Witcher 3 for Linux

The technical requiements for The Witcher 3 can be found here You can play it with windows 8.1, depending if it meets the hardware requirements. If you have Steamos or other linux os installed you will have to either stream from a powerful windows pc, or just play it on said pc as the game has...
  8. R

Are we ever going to see a PS4 footage of the game?

I expect the gameplay on each platform to be pretty much the same, as CDPR have stated they want all platforms to be the same experience.
  9. R

The Witcher 3 for Linux

I thought this too at one point. However, the user base of linux is estimated to be in the millions and several companies are showing support for Linux after Valve started working on the Steam Machines. I don't think profits will be an issue anymore. GOG has a potential to sell 2000 copies to...
  10. R

The Witcher 3 for Linux

I went though the thread and didn't seem to find any mention of this, unless I accidently went over it. On the wishlist of GOG there is a wish to bring CDPR's games to linux, if this was successful do you guys think that it would be done? They seem to fulfil wishes that recieve a certain amount...
  11. R

The Witcher 3 for Linux

Is there anymore on that mysterious steam ad? There are some who still believe its been confirmed for linux.
  12. R

Stealth system ?

I don't remember there being any stealth mechanics in the first game however in TW2 the only thing relating to stealth was in one quest from what I recall. The games have never ment to be stealthed and I don't think that will make a difference to the games quailty and gameplay.
  13. R

The Witcher 3 for Linux

Very true. There is a large amount of hype for TW3. We don't know why CDPR havn't decided to release for linux or osx (or I haven't read about it) and we may never know; they have been reluctant to discuss these platforms (again, I may not have read enough about this). Hopefully sometime in...
  14. R

The Witcher 3 for Linux

The problem is that linux isn't as popular compared to windows, and developers need to profit in order to make more games. If steamos kicks off, we may be seeing more AAA games using eON, and some being fully native. The redux versions of the Metro games to my knowledge are native but Bioshock...
  15. R

The Witcher 3 for Linux

I guess we will just have to wait. What gives me a little hope is that they're not outright saying no and the fact TW2 has been ported to Linux regardless if it's not fully native.
  16. R

The Witcher 3 for Linux

This is true, however I would like to see the developers or a representative give an actual annoucement for this, as now we don't know whats happening.
  17. R

The Witcher 3 for Linux

The Witcher 3 WIld Hunt linux release falsely confirmed? With a quick google search, you can see that multiple sources state that The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt has been confirmed for linux and Steamos and this was also advertised on Steam store. The problem is now, some sources say that it is not...
Top Bottom