Search results

+
  1. H

Does windows 10 with dx12 help stack vRam at all or no difference?

Does windows 10 with dx12 help stack vRam at all or no difference? Hi. Has anyone noticed any performance boost with the introduction of windows 10 and dx12 as far as the stacking of vRam goes? Specifically, I am referring to GTX 880M SLI. Haven't played witcher 3 for a while. Since then...
  2. H

Reason to reinstall Witcher 3 after new patch release??

Reason to reinstall Witcher 3 after new patch release?? Hi. Do you really have to reinstall Witcher 3 if a new patch has just been released? Reason I'm asking this, is that I read that it is better to reinstall the whole thing after a major patch is released, because if you only update the...
  3. H

I like reposting merged threads

I like reposting merged threads Silly me. Sorry.
  4. H

nVidia FXAA vs in-game anti aliasing??

nVidia FXAA vs in-game anti aliasing?? Specs: Alienware 18 i-7 4910 MQ processor GTX 880M SLI ( each gpu is supposed to have 8 gb memory so a total of 16gb) 16GB RAM memory. I tried to switch off the in-game anti- aliasing and used the nVidia FXAA, but did not gain much fps increase. With...
  5. H

please help, supposed to max out the game but unable

please help, supposed to max out the game but unable Specs: Alienware 18 i-7 4910 MQ processor GTX 880M SLI ( each gpu is supposed to have 8 gb memory so a total of 16gb) 16GB RAM memory. With everything switched ON and maxxed out, I can only get 35 fps. Especially since patch 1.05. Latest...
  6. H

someone mentioned to delete old graphics profile after every patch

someone mentioned to delete old graphics profile after every patch I remember reading somewhere in this forum that one should delete old graphics profile after every patch. The post did not elaborate, just was recommending to "delete your old game profiles after the patch if you are having...
  7. H

what's with this patch marathon??

what's with this patch marathon?? It's complicated. Prior to patch 1.03, i was using nVidia geforce experience recommended optimized settings and i have to say the fps was mostly at 60 and graphics looked very nice (combination of high and ultra settings) But then, in patch 1.03 and/or 1.04 I...
  8. H

latest nVidia driver makes wonders in witcher 3 performance

latest nVidia driver makes wonders in witcher 3 performance Latest nVidia driver really makes a difference in witcher 3 performance on my alienware 18. Prior to the driver update on full ultra the laptop was struggling, now I have no problems running the game on full ultra except for the nVidia...
  9. H

confused about grayed out secondary quests, no exp?

confused about grayed out secondary quests, no exp? I noticed some of the secondary quests are grayed out in the quests section. They don't seem to grant XP upon completion. Is it because my level is too high now for those quests or does Witcher 3 just seem to have grey quests. Please be...
  10. H

does it matter how you combine abilities as long as color matches the mutagen color?

does it matter how you combine abilities as long as color matches the mutagen color? Does it matter how you combine the abilities under character section? For example, as long as you combine the red skills with red mutagens, does it matter the sequence in which you put your skills on the left...
  11. H

which potion do i drink to be able to re-select abilities?

which potion do i drink to be able to re-select abilities? So, which potion do you drink to clear the ability upgrades and be able to re-select them? And is it safe to go ahead and do? I mean, for my greater red mutagens? I have greater red mutagens that i wouldn't want to lose.
  12. H

how do you upgrade your witcher gear?

how do you upgrade your witcher gear? How do you normally upgrade the witcher gear? By finding diagrams for better witcher gear and crafting the so called "enhanced" versions or are there other ways to do it? For example i recently managed to craft a level 8 witcher gear - chest armor then i...
  13. H

today i realized why alienware 18 costs what it costs :-)

today i realized why alienware 18 costs what it costs :-) Today i finally managed to tweak the graphics settings to run smoothly on full ultra with the exception of nVidia HairWorks. I was able to get 45 - 50 fps. This game totally looks amazing on full ultra, totally other experience, got no...
  14. H

post processing, sharpening - off, low, or high?

post processing, sharpening - off, low, or high? I had accidentally moved the sharpening tab from default position under post processing in graphics settings, i cant remember what was the defaults though, i can pretty much max out the game except for this "sharpening" thing, on high or low...
  15. H

Please CDPR, let Geralt have an anvil to craft items on the GO

Please CDPR, let Geralt have an anvil to craft items on the GO Wouldn't it be nice to include in the game a purchasable anvil to temporarily replace a blacksmith on the go?
  16. H

not enough blacksmiths in witcher 3?

not enough blacksmiths in witcher 3? I have all the required materials for my level 8 witcher gear sword, but i can't seem to find a blacksmith (not armorer) to do it. There is one in Velen, apparently not with high enough skill, another one in Novigrad, just goofing off, when i catch him at...
  17. H

are graphics supposed to look like this or is my graphics broken?

are graphics supposed to look like this or is my graphics broken? Lately i noticed some brownish, reddish and greenish pixel like colors when looking at stuff far ahead. Especially in the forest and wild. Which reminds me of the coming of autumn or fall by the change in color of the trees etc...
  18. H

where to get crafting components please?

where to get crafting components please? I have been making the mistake of not keeping the loots in the "other" section of my inventory, and now i think i am missing some of the components to craft gear, namely witcher gear. Griffing glove, griffing silver sword etc. I am missing components...
  19. H

it is a shame i failed this horse race quest

it is a shame i failed this horse race quest I won three times in a row in a horse race arranged by the guy who stood in a theatre like place and i was given an invitation to s special horce race in which i dwarf betted money on me, but i lost this one and i could not go back and redo it. It...
  20. H

did i lose some of the future witcher contracts by letting the imp live?

did i lose some of the future witcher contracts by letting the imp live? Did i lose some of the future witcher contracts by choosing to let the imp thieve live and leave the city rather than kill him? Because when i collected the reward, the contract giver said i did not have trophy, and he...
Top Bottom