Search results

+
  1. E

Will the MODKit eventually become an "editor" like REDKit?

Nope, this is all we are getting. These should not be called "mod tools" IMO. Its just an utility for packing/unpacking a file container, and there isn't much the modding community can do with this. We will probably see some improved texture packs, some minor tweaking, and stupid stuff (nude...
  2. E

TW3-RedKit: Any word on release?

LOL. CDPR quietly announces the cancellation of the much touted, much anticipated RedKit 2 in a tweet. Are you kidding me? Sadly, I can' say I'm surprised given CDPR's not-so-great track record lately, but really?
  3. E

Did the ending feel quite rushed to you?

If that was the actual thought process that went into how Act 3 was written, it was a terrible, awful, not good, very bad decision. I don't believe that was the case though, given the superb writing from 90% of the story that preceded it. I think they just ran out of time/resources (perhaps...
  4. E

Did the ending feel quite rushed to you?

Frankly, I wish they would just dump the White Frost bit in an Enhanced Edition or as part of the first expansion. It comes out of nowhere (not the Frost itself, but Ciri suddenly deciding she is "stopping it" whatever that is supposed to mean), and do something more interesting with Avallach...
  5. E

Eredin and Avallach...? Book lore

You didn't miss anything, nothing makes much sense at the end. Its strange really. All of the characters are so well written (seriously, the best writing in a game probably ever) except the Aen Elle.
  6. E

Act 3 Needs Some Work (Spoilers, obviously)

Act 3 Needs Some Work (Spoilers, obviously) Just finished the game (150 hours!), and it was amazing, but.... Am I the only one who thinks Act 3 (the final act) feels incredibly rushed/unfinished? The Wild Hunt stuff (you know the primary focus of the whole game) almost feels tacked on at...
  7. E

The Witcher 3 PC Ultra vs. Ps4 - no difference, downgraded

I agree 100%. Screaming/yelling/insults/melodrama are all completely counter-productive. There is no place for it here.
  8. E

Deleting threads isn't going to make the discussion go away. You may disagree, but a lot of people are very upset with CDPR about this. [Sard Edit: Yes and we dooooon't care. Our job is to keep order and civility in the forums, not worry about CDPR PR.] I do think it would be a good idea...
  9. E

CDPR, of course. Who else? Original high quality lighting engine? (Biggest downgrade IMO, look at the awful interior lighting in the shot posted above) Original high quality water? Original high quality fire/smoke? High quality foliage? Better LOD/Draw distances the PC is easily capable of...
  10. E

Is it really a mystery at this point?
  11. E

The shot is from Gamestar.de (very good website), and the brightness is not maxed out. The lighting engine has just totally changed for the worse. It legitimately appears that they just turned off lighting indoors. Everything is lit exactly the same.
  12. E

Looks like interior lighting took a hit also.
  13. E

Lots of sites (Gamestar.de, etc.) are showing maxed out footage from version 1.02 (day 1 patch), and the PC Ultra settings are basically a joke. It is virtually indistinguishable from the PS4, and everything looks worse. Do people really expect some miracle patch to restore the visuals/features...
  14. E

Gamestar.de Trailers vs Final Build Comparison

Gamestar.de Trailers vs Final Build Comparison http://www.gamestar.de/videos/specials,20/witcher-3-grafik-downgrade-analyse,82708.html Remember all the awesome water effects in the swamp from the 35min demo? Gone. Water in general looks much worse. Fire looks terrible. Smoke looks terrible...
  15. E

PC footage with Day 1 patch?

Yeah, Its not going to look any different. Hiding/removing the footage is just damage control at this point.
  16. E

For those PC gamers who are craving for Min vs Max comparison

The entire point of an Enhanced Edition would be to 'enhance' the visuals. The consoles, which have a netbook CPU and a GPU architecture 3 generations old, already barely run the game at a acceptable framerate, and that likely took a lot of black magic to accomplish, so anything CDPR would add...
  17. E

The consoles are already pushed to the bleeding edge of their capabilities, so CDPR would release a PC only EE? Not going to happen, but hope springs eternal I guess.
  18. E

The lighting engine is not even close to the 35min demo. It appears they cut the original, high quality lighting system seen in the demo, and replaced it with a flat lower quality system. Compare and its not even close: I think its pretty clear the delays were only to gut the engine to...
  19. E

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for any improvements. This is as good as it is going to get. "Slap in the face", indeed. Gone, like everything else cut for console parity.
  20. E

[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 Screenshots and Artwork

I really, really hope you are right, but I doubt it. Excellent post in any event! Some PS4 beauty shots of Kaer Mohren. Very flat, very unimpressive. :-
Top Bottom