Eredin and Avallach...? Book lore

+
Eredin and Avallach...? Book lore

So in the books, Eredin and Avallach wanted Ciri to have a child with the King of the Alder folk so that they can use the power of the child to reopen the "Great Gate", in other words they want to be able to travel through worlds again like they were able to do before the Conjunction of Spheres. But in the game, specifically at the end of the game, Eredin wants to kill Ciri (he says to Geralt, "I wanted to give Zireal a quick death, now i will take my time") and Avallach just wants to send Ciri through some portal to stop the white frost of Ithlinne's prohecy. It does not make sense and does not fit the book lore....someone care to explain what the heck happened? maybe I missed something?

Last edited:
Avallach realised that running is not an option, sooner or latter the white frost will kill everything in every world, so you have to stand and fight, so he decided to help Ciri. Eredin I think decided that Ciri became too powerful to enslave her and he just went complete 'KILL THE WITCH' mode.

I think that You focus on Eredin words too much, it was use more to increase drama of scene(so You want to beat him) or he changed his mind in process, because of Geralt interference he wanted to torture her on his eyes- have pleasure from it(she was suppose to die in process anyway). When Avallach became more of mentor/protector for Ciri(or more for ppl with Lara gene)- as stopping white frost was Ciri idea.

[h=2][/h]

I guess that makes sense. Although from what I remember it is implied in the books that the time of contempt, or the white frost, would only occur in Ciri's world and Avallach claimed that he wanted to evacuate that world so he can save all of the elves and even humans there...unless he was lying at the time just to try and gain Ciri's trust.

I guess that makes sense. Although from what I remember it is implied in the books that the time of contempt, or the white frost, would only occur in Ciri's world and Avallach claimed that he wanted to evacuate that world so he can save all of the elves and even humans there...unless he was lying at the time just to try and gain Ciri's trust.

Well, it's never confirmed if he's lying, but yeah I think he's lying. Maybe not about the elves, but the humans for sure. Remember that the Aen Elle committed a genocide against the humans on their world. They killed them all off. That's why Ciri changes her mind and decides to flee from that world instead of doing what Avallach wants. As far as the books say the white frost was only supposed to happen on the Aen Seidhe world, not the Aen Elle one. Also I'm not sure if it's confirmed that Eredin purposefully killed Auberon. He seemed pretty damned surprised about Auberon's overdose when he is told about it.

It also helps to realize this situation is an EPIC DISASTER for the Wild Hunt.

They've lost staggering numbers of soldiers as well as extremely valuable time.

You didn't miss anything, nothing makes much sense at the end. Its strange really. All of the characters are so well written (seriously, the best writing in a game probably ever) except the Aen Elle.

You didn't miss anything, nothing makes much sense at the end. Its strange really. All of the characters are so well written (seriously, the best writing in a game probably ever) except the Aen Elle.

They're written fine. They don't negotiate with lesser beings.

You didn't miss anything. The writers were not comfortable with the Science Fiction route of that Arc of the story and stripped away the Wild Hunt to become prototypical meat-head bad guys. The Wild Hunt is laughably the worst writing in the story, and that's saying something. Whoever says "their lack of any distinguishing or memorable features makes them nuanced and fantastic villains clearly doesn't know good writing.

You didn't miss anything. The writers were not comfortable with the Science Fiction route of that Arc of the story and stripped away the Wild Hunt to become prototypical meat-head bad guys. The Wild Hunt is laughably the worst writing in the story, and that's saying something. Whoever says "their lack of any distinguishing or memorable features makes them nuanced and fantastic villains clearly doesn't know good writing.

I wholeheartedly agree!

Top Bottom