Search results

+
  1. V

Patch 1.10 Changelog

Nice. What GPU are you slinging? I have a GTX 980 slightly OC'd via MSI Afterburner. Usually get 55 AVG FPS on my 1440p screen. It would be nice to AVG above 60 FPS :)
  2. V

Patch 1.10 Changelog

Looking forward to the patch! Anyone on PC see any upticks in FPS? Some on other forums claim they see 5-10 FPS more across the board. Just curious.
  3. V

[PC] - Game is overly sensitive to GPU overclocking

Not sure how much value my input will have on this conversation, but here it goes: Specs: i7 5820k (12 CPU's @ 3.3GHz per) MSI GTX 980 Intel X99 mobo 16GB RAM DDR4 120GB SSD (TW3 lives in this SSD) 27" BenQ 1440p monitor @ 144 refresh rate Overclock settings (via MSI Afterburner): Voltage...
  4. V

terrible performance on a high end pc

Hairworks will give your GPU a migraine, especially if you have it maxed out. This is even true with running SLI. Speaking of which, there have been players indicating that SLI doesn't work the best with TW3. I think there may be a thread about it somewheres here.
  5. V

Why isn't patch 1.09 still there

This is news to me. My GTX 980 is slightly OC'd via MSI Afterburner and TW3 runs fine. In fact, I picked up an average 7-8 frames. This is just my personal experience. Are people having issues with OC'ing their GPU's with TW3? Point me in the right direction to do more reading on?
  6. V

PC Specifications

To be honest, I've set it to 4 and 1 and didn't notice a difference. I'll experiment more today. Upon reading many articles, it seemed that most people noticed smoother play when max prerendered frames was set to 1.
  7. V

PC Specifications

i7 5820k 16GB RAM Intel X99 mobo (I think that's what it is) MSI GTX 980 GPU (slightly OC'd) 27" 1440p Benq screen 120GB SSD (TW3 lives in this SSD) Game settings: Everything Ultra except foliage/shadows at high Hairworks off Unlimited FPS Vsync off Full screen HBAO+ NVIDA Control settings...
  8. V

What you expect from 1.10?

Not sure if you're playing on PC, but there is a mod that helps with LOD for NPC hair: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/504/? I 100% agree with the NPC and texture pop in. However, I haven't noticed anything with buildings. It is very annoying having NPC's appear from nowhere. I think...
  9. V

What you expect from 1.10?

LMAO. So true. First time I saw that, I dismissed it as a one off instance. A handful of crate-carrying man instances later I knew it was a patch issue of some sort. Sure, it's funny once but having every crate-carrying man with crazy legs is quite immersion breaking. Especially around docks...
  10. V

I lost the Thank-you letter, can someone help me with it?

To be honest, I'm still impressed with the overall presentation of the game to players upon release, including the thank you note. You don't see that very often even with a larger purchase like a new vehicle. A note illustrating the passion behind their project and their appreciation for my...
  11. V

Stutter fix: Set max prerendered to 2.

I was just playing around with this the other day and found a configuration that works best for me. My specs: GTX 980 slightly OC'd i7 5820K slightly OC'd 16GB RAM 27" 1440p monitor In the NVIDA control panel I made the following changes: Max pre rendered frames = 4 Display power = single...
  12. V

Current Progress - No Spoilers

Indeed I am. I tend to leave no Point of Interest undiscovered, no house or building un-entered and looted, and I tend to complete as many quests as possible even if they are grey. Guess I'm a bit of a completionist in that regard. If I'm only 25% of the way through this content, its a really...
  13. V

That is good to hear! I love having a long story to play through as it has been fantastic so far. Off to Novigrad! Thank you.
  14. V

Current Progress - No Spoilers Hello everyone, I am wrapping up some quests/contracts in Velen and will be heading to Novigrad for the first time to progress the story. I have not made it to Skellige or any other place yet. Currently I am level 14. Without any spoilers, about how far am I...
  15. V

Is there any way to go Kaer Morhen for Wolf School Gear before quest?

Good thread. I too wanted to get my hands on the Wolven armor set. I just hit level 14 and haven't been to Novigrad yet and was bummed to find out I need to complete the Skellige story before having a chance to travel to KM (I want to finish Velen and Novigrad before traveling to KM). It looks...
  16. V

Problem with Nvidia Hair

I am very happy I found this thread and cannot wait to try out the mod. It's incredibly immersion-breaking to stand beside NPC's that have hair made of plastic (especially in cut scenes). I'll post my findings once I'm home. Has anyone tried this mod? Does it impact FPS performance at all...
  17. V

Plastic Hair

Plastic Hair Hello everyone, I want to try this again to see if anyone has a remedy for my dilemma with NPC textures. In short, textures on NPCs won't load until I'm within 2-3 feet of them. If I am not within 2-3 feet, their hair looks plastic (almost as if they're wearing a helmet), thier...
  18. V

Favorite Hair Style?

This is the hair style I like to use with the default short beard (how Geralt starts with Vesemir).
  19. V

Freya is in the Details (the small things you love about TW3)

The NPC's do much more than stand or walk around aimlessly. There is a whole thread on this. It is impressive even in White Orchard. Kids are chasing each other, chicken feathers are being plucked, pipes are being smoked, drunkards are tossing their cookies, etc. As for animal NPC's, I've seen...
  20. V

Favorite Hair Style?

Favorite Hair Style? With the DLC allowing you to customize Geralt's looks, what is your personal favorite? I personally like the Elven Rebel hair cut (short) and the default short beard. Just curious how others customize their looks.
Top Bottom