Search results

+
  1. E

Phillipa cutscene crashing 100% of the time

Phillipa cutscene crashing 100% of the time After killing Phillipa's fire monster, and getting up to her, the cutscene always always drops me to the desktop. What is the solution? I'm tired to fighting the fracking fire monster just to crash to desktop on a damn cutscene. I tried skipping it...
  2. E

Graphics Exception: Shader Program Header 11 Error

Graphics Exception: Shader Program Header 11 Error Because the game (after patch 1.08 ) would not open my old save games, I restarted a new game. Everything seemed to be going well with W3 up until I visited the garrison in White Orchard. As soon as the cutscene starts with the two soldiers at...
  3. E

Cannot open save because it was created with newer version of the game BUG

Cannot open save because it was created with newer version of the game BUG SOLVED: I was on 1.07, and I received the update to 1.08. I cannot open my 1.07 or lesser save games. All my save files refuse to open in the game, the game saying they were saved with a newer version. Uh, yeah. And...
  4. E

NPC pop-in and No Music issues 1.07

NPC pop-in and No Music issues 1.07 Still have the same issues with NPC pop-in and sometimes music won't play for an entire play session after 1.07. I'm sure that settings and rig specs all play their part for pop-in, but the music not playing is a bug.
  5. E

Game Freezes solid; hard reboot required

Game Freezes solid; hard reboot required After upgrading to the newest NVIDIA drivers (hotfix version), my game will sometimes freeze completely. All sounds stop. The game/machine is literally frozen with no control over keyboard/mouse or machine. I can only hard reboot. After updating the...
  6. E

Black screen but PC and game still running - what's that all about?

Black screen but PC and game still running - what's that all about? New one for me: has anyone experienced your monitor going black (black screen) and yet the PC (and the game itself) is still running? I can hear people talking, I can hear my button pressing doing the thing expected (Q for...
  7. E

[SPOILER] Crashing after Ugly Baby - loading into Kaer Morhen

[SPOILER] Crashing after Ugly Baby - loading into Kaer Morhen Hello, Experiencing consistent crashing at the Loading screen just after talking with the Emperor, and Yenn portals herself to Kaer Morhen with Uma. The narrator's voice talks about Uma being the ugliest man alive, then the Loading...
  8. E

[Crashing Hell] Sorry CDP but moving on

[Crashing Hell] Sorry CDP but moving on Hi Devs, EDIT: added articles from other gaming sites that describe widespread, multi-equipment crashing - bottom of this post. Love the game. Brilliant! Thanks for the hard work. And . . . tired of random crashes and complete machine freezing. Whether...
  9. E

[1.05] Novigrad is crash central

[1.05] Novigrad is crash central I know many others have the same problem. Novigrad is crash central, either dropping to desktop or completely seizing up my machine. I can go for 1/2 hour, then nothing but crashes and seize-ups over and over. Go outside the city, however, and its back to pretty...
  10. E

Velen = Fullscreen & Skellige = Borderless on my rig

Velen = Fullscreen & Skellige = Borderless on my rig For whatever reason, I discovered that in Velen I must be in fullscreen or my game/machine seizes up solid. While in Skellige, however, fullscreen = rig needing hard reboot; switched to borderless and 'smooth sailing' there. When the...
  11. E

Reversing all my fixes to solve crashes each patch & driver update = smart strategy

Reversing all my fixes to solve crashes each patch & driver update = smart strategy I am posting simply as a helpful notice. Maybe it will work for you, but as always, your results will vary. I am reminded from my ol' Navy submarine days that anytime a new software patch goes live or...
  12. E

My Gamma control comes and goes

My Gamma control comes and goes I was going to set my gamma to something different today, and found that I had no gamma control option. I set it the other day too, but that was after discovering I didn't have it then either. When I restarted the game during that first experience to play so...
  13. E

New NVIDIA drivers + old crash fixes = reminder to reset my fixes

New NVIDIA drivers + old crash fixes = reminder to reset my fixes After DDU installing the newest NVIDIA drivers, the game was still as it was before (steady most times, crashes when the driver failed, etc), but crashing became more frequent to the point where the Loading circle icon was my...
  14. E

[BUG-possible] Cannot oil up my axe! Or Hanged Man's Venom isn't working

[BUG-possible] Cannot oil up my axe! Or Hanged Man's Venom isn't working Although the game is about swords, and Witchers having two swords, there are some really great axes too. Especially useful in between some levels where I haven't found the right diagram or whatever. Basically, if it's...
  15. E

Desktop background choice affects crashing issue

Desktop background choice affects crashing issue Hello all, Last night I thought I would change my basic small tiled background to regular screenshots of the game. I switched it, went to bed. This morning the game would not load past the Loading circle; complete machine seizure that only a...
  16. E

Being able to climb during a fight - would love!

Being able to climb during a fight - would love! Has anyone been able to climb up anything during a fight? Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Geralt just seems to butt heads with the rock face where there's a truly climbable surface. Maybe different button config for my PC?
  17. E

[Question] Spoiler -- The lamp

[Question] Spoiler -- The lamp OOPS! I thought I could post in this forum with spoiler tags. My bad! Please move me, or you can delete it. My bad. This is a spoiler of sorts, so don't scroll! I have a question about the lamp. Once you have the lamp from Kiera and use it on the island...
  18. E

Fed up to my gills with Geralt's underwater nonsense

Fed up to my gills with Geralt's underwater nonsense I'll be very happy to see the editing kit come out so we can apply alternatives to Geralt's underway movement activities. It would also be great to see a mod to include alternative versions of Signs. Obviously Igni won't set something on...
  19. E

[CRASHING] Cave of Dreams

[CRASHING] Cave of Dreams My PC is crashing just after the cutscene with the herbs, loading into the 'mystical experience/confront your fears" scenario. By crashing, I mean the screen goes black, the sound continues, but I can do nothing with the PC. Can only reboot. The game isn't providing a...
  20. E

[BUG] Toxicity stuck (tiny spoiler relating to travel toSkellige)

[BUG] Toxicity stuck (tiny spoiler relating to travel toSkellige) I started the travel to Skellige quest, paid the extortionist to be on his ship, and woke up to pirates boarding the ship. Popped a potion mid fight, but the game then forces a cutscene and a shipwreck. Once I woke up and had my...
Top Bottom