Search results

+
  1. Z

Stuck at final boss who kills in 2 hits. Any tips?

Can you time your fight so you can fight at night? Superior Tawny Oil never runs out at night so you can refill stamina really fast and not worry about running out of tawny oil.
  2. Z

I miss the ambushes, the sense of dread...

And why is an ambush here and there the antithesis of preparation? Being Geralt, you'd know that ambushes of a certain type are likely in certain areas. So, you'd prepare accordingly if the path led you through the said areas. In a sense, it is already in the game; for example, while taking a...
  3. Z

I miss the ambushes, the sense of dread...

I second that. After a while you know exactly what you will encounter where. Random spawn, wandering monsters would be a nice addition to the game in my humble opinion. I never played Witcher 1, but the ambush idea sounds nice too.
  4. Z

Knew they'd nerf.

I personally am fine with the nerf. Yet, that bit about 1 rune type, 1 mutagen type and 1 glyph type being used still holds true. Stacking those items is the only way of getting synergy and a meaningful effect (whichever effect you happen to prioritize). Take glyphs as an example. If you spread...
  5. Z

1.07 "hey, you wanna look at my stuff?" quest, cannot interact with merchant

I have the same issue. Actually, I had completed this quest in 1.06 but started the game afresh after 1.07. Now, I am not able to talk to the halfling.
  6. Z

Combat System is the worst of any game I've played

The only thing I really hate about Witcher 3 combat is that once engaged, a bump in the terrain or a log can become an insurmountable obstacle for Gerald.
  7. Z

Problem with Gwent? Getting owned by the AI? Want some tips? call: 0800-SCORCHED

You won't have any commander horns in your base-deck (coming out of White Orchard). I believe, horns are sold by one of the inkeeps near Novigrad.
  8. Z

Your most hated Monster type

Sirens are really easy to deal with if you fight them under the water (instead of trying to fight them from the boat). If you see a pack aiming for you, dive (with your crossbow ready). Then, once they dive after you, lock-target, double-tap ranged and the Sirens go down in one or two hits. It...
  9. Z

Passive health regeneration on Death March?

The 1 tick per second does not help anything on DM. Troll decoction on the other hand... ;)
  10. Z

Are you hoarding Crowns too?

They should introduce something we can spend that cash on in late game (changing some part of the environment as a result) : such as fixing up the castle in Kaer Morhen (as an example). Introducing some periodic mass-nekker invasions repellable from the said improved fortifications could be fun too.
  11. Z

Are you hoarding Crowns too?

You can get tons of cash (on death march) even without the bottle man; just need to know what to sell to whom. Vellen smiths, for example, pay only about 50% for armor and weapons compared to Novigrad and Oxenburg smiths. Get an early access to Novigrad and Oxenburg and you will be swimming in...
  12. Z

kill the clones

I concur that this is a very annoying problem for characters involved in quests. A good example for this is the kid in Crow's Perch who gives information for the Shrieker quest. His story is emotionally powerful so the player develops an attachment to the boy as a result. Then, you see the...
  13. Z

Can't find the Harpy sword diagram.

I got it once in the first quest with Kiera; in the Mage's caves; another time, in the chest hidden in a guard tower attached to one of the first inn's you encounter in Velen.
Top Bottom