Search results

+
  1. A

Gorilla arms don't bypass the body level requirement to force open doors

Nope, not good enough. The description says they let you force open doors and disable turrets, so that's what they should do. The devs need to patch it so they work as advertised. Doesn't necessarily have to let you force every door; could work as, say, a +4 modifier to your innate BODY stat...
  2. A

Patch 1.08 Wish List

Yes. Or at least, that's what I assume these two new 'gameplay' folders are for: They've got quite a few things in them, including much higher starting stats for Geralt's weapons: And also interesting is a new 'Swift Learner' ability that appears to grant ability points at 2x the normal...
  3. A

Patch 1.08 Wish List

Some minor tweaks that are well overdue: - More reasonable falling damage. Currently "falls from a moderate height" are a bigger threat to Geralt than pretty much any monster in the game. He's also really inconsistent about sometimes rolling to avoid most of the damage and other times...
  4. A

MODS FOR TW3: List any mods you've found!

If anyone was at level 29-33 and using a mastercrafted set of Bear/Griffin/Cat armor/weapons when patch 1.07 hit and left unable to use their stuff (because patch 1.07 increases the level requirements for those items from 29 to 34), these mods will fix the problem (removes minimum level...
  5. A

Questing System Is Broken

Rather than debate what the devs should/shouldn't have done, here's a mod for anyone who thinks it should work differently, at least in terms of what equipment Geralt can use: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/264/? It gives Geralt 34 "free" levels right from the outset (because minimum...
  6. A

Locked farther than it should have been, yes. With no sensible way to unlock it. Having to collect the diagrams by defeating powerful monsters makes sense. Needing to unlock the smiths who can actually craft the stuff by completing difficult quests does, too. Having the equipment remain...
  7. A

I could agree with that, except for the fact that all of the equipment has level restrictions on it. I went out of my way to find all of the Witcher crafting diagrams, only to find out that the best stuff was completely unusable until level 30+. Then I tried to gain those levels by completing...
  8. A

Witcher Franchise Speculation

None of the existing characters (although maybe one or two of the oldest/most powerful mages in the series can make an appearance as their younger, pre-magic selves, but only as a supporting character). The next game should be a very early prequel. Show the immediate aftermath of the...
  9. A

Witcher Franchise Speculation

#3. I'd go very early prequel. Show what the world was like shortly after the Conjunction, when monsters start appearing in the world, and the first mages are just starting to use magic, and everything is in chaos. Maybe make the story follow the events leading to the creation of the first...
  10. A

Well if you want to look from the pedantic angle, then okay. It's actually a questionable design decision, which is causing a poor, or at the very least least, suboptimal UX in the final product. Generally in software it's fair game to refer to such things as "broken" functionality. It may...
  11. A

Enemies levels

Completely disagree. In general it's the opposite. Making enemies scale with the player is a very unimaginitive solution to the problem. I don't want my Level 40 OblivionKnight in full plate armor and wielding the Awesome Magic Sword of Badassery to have to worry about getting mauled to death...
  12. A

Need tips about food shortage (also rant about merchants, armorers and blacksmiths)

Don't buy food. In fact, the only things in the game worth buying are: 1. Crafting diagrams (for runestones/equipment upgrades only; not for weapons/armor) and alchemy formulas. 2. The base alcohols required to brew the white gull potion (and maybe also alcohest early on, though you can...
  13. A

Vote for reconstruction of Witcher School!!! (Plus some other suggestions)

No, you don't have to beat him for anything quest-related (except maybe the quest about collecting all of the Gwent cards?). I just wonder if I missed winning a good card from him, as his deck was notably stronger than most of the other players in Novigrad. But I spoke with him very early on...
  14. A

It's a little broken. Even if the devs are targeting a specific level for the endgame, it should be playable within at least +/- 5 levels of the target. That would allow more wiggle-room with the XP than what's currently implemented. With quest management, I'd be happy if the game would...
  15. A

Vote for reconstruction of Witcher School!!! (Plus some other suggestions)

Interesting idea, but I'd have to vote against. We learn in TW3 that the Trial of Grasses is basically torture, even for the people who survive it. Nothing about creating witchers sounds particularly humane, doubly so as it essentially involves unwilling participants. And a bigger problem is...
  16. A

Patch 1.07 coming soon to all platforms!

That reminds me...I also hope they patch the game to make falling damage at least a bit less ridiculous. I probably died more times due to falling from moderate heights (or running around on the Kaer Morhen map while going down a relatively gentle slope) than I did to monsters.
  17. A

Are you sure? There are actually two locked chests in there. One of them is on the far side of a spike trap. That one unlocks fine. Then there's another one at the end of a corridor that you'll only go down if you search around in places that Philippa doesn't lead you to. If there's a key...
  18. A

Let's Talk Gwent

Actually card games have been around for about 1000 years, which means they did exist in the latter half of the Middle Ages. Granted those probably weren't collectible-style card games like Gwent. But TW3 isn't set on Earth in what would be our Middle Ages. It's set in a post-Conjunction...
  19. A

Actually I think Star Wars stuff could be made to fit with the in-game mythology. Monsters (and nonhumans, and magic) were brought into the world during a Conjunction which allowed the inhabitants of many different worlds (and also, times?) to all occupy a shared one. Nothing would seem to...
  20. A

Almost. But I think they still need to: 1. Fix runes/glyphs acquired as loot so that they can be used in crafting. 2. Make it so that golems drop golem hearts again (it seems golems stopped doing this after the 1.05 patch, which "increases the variety of loot dropped throughout the game"...
Top Bottom