Search results

+
  1. K

Did over ambition harm Cyberpunk 2077?

Yes, it was a criticism of some part of CDPR - perceived over ambition and the absent of modern open world staples - and NOT their lack of knowledge of the Red Engine, as your earlier post was suggesting. But I see that you are ignoring or seriously misreading my posts, and refusing to debate...
  2. K

What would Fix the game for you?

Keep fixing bugs and glitches on all platforms, then release an enhanced edition a year later that has all the stuff they promised but were cut. Enhanced edition will be exclusive to next-gen consoles and PCs, freeing CDPR from needing to work with old hardware, but it will be free for all who...
  3. K

Is anyone else getting BioWare vibes from this recent release?

Just re-read this article on Andromeda's failure some years ago, and the story sounds eerily familiar. https://kotaku.com/the-story-behind-mass-effect-andromedas-troubled-five-1795886428. Messy ideas during pre-production, vision changes, realizing the limit of the engine way too late...
  4. K

I'm glad to see a veteran gamer like yourself enjoying the game. A consistent GM for over 17 years deserves my respect. Hats off to you. I share your displeasure toward "angsty people" who know only how to "whine," but many people who have voiced our critique here are not that. I never said...
  5. K

Since you think so highly of research, you must have known already that Red Engine's main advantage is its ability to generate good open world visuals, interactable cutscenes, and branching questlines. I never criticized CDPR for not doing those things well - in fact I praise them for it, and in...
  6. K

Yes, the tech is all out there, but that doesn't mean CDPR knows it. When I said ambition I don't mean ambition compared to the modern industry standard, I mean ambition compared to what CDPR was capable of. Even if the tech is all out there, a studio still needs to learn to make use of those...
  7. K

Night City looks great, but is by no means a realistic open world metropolis. You all know what I mean: not only bugs and glitches, but the complete absence of crowd AI, driver AI, a functional crime/wanted system, realistic NPC reactions, and meaningful interactivity outside of quests. What...
  8. K

CDPR you can still fix this.

Perhaps the best way forward would be to patch up last-gen versions, then release an enhanced edition at a later date, with all the cut stuff added in, that is exclusive to next gen and PC, but those who bought the game on last gen will get it for free.
  9. K

CDPR you can still fix this.

You're right that a dystopia open world with functional crowd AI or police system is not the kind of world CDPR makes, but it shouldn't excuse them from making the effort to make it so. After all, they told us that Night City would be "the most believable city in an open world game to date," and...
  10. K

Do you think CDPR will respond to the criticisms of its story, endings and gameplay?

I am not as optimistic. It is exactly their self-branding as a consumer friendly, non-greed company that ignited such disappointment from fans, who felt betrayed by a company they once trusted. On top of that, restoring their reputation would take much more than bug fixies (which is already a...
  11. K

World is not interactive enough, thoughts?

The point is not to interact with every single food vendor in the game, the point is that having food vendors being interactable goes a long way of making the world feel alive and believable. I've never tried every single restaurant in my city, but I know that if I wanted to, I could step into...
  12. K

Driving on PC

Although I understand why people want mouse steering, I don't think this is happening, or should happen. CDPR is not a powerhouse when it comes to gameplay mechanics. Scrunching up driving, shooting, stealth etc. into one game was already extremely ambitious, and resulted in multiple delays...
  13. K

No Walking On Mouse+Keyboard?

Thanks for the Neros solution. Still, we ask for native support. Give us that, CDPR!
  14. K

No Walking On Mouse+Keyboard?

Just adding my support for a walk/run toggle. Even Witcher 3 had it, I have no idea why this is not an option by default. The problem is downright glaring when indoors, as you dash from one end of the room to the other.
  15. K

Is Johnny Silverhand gonna be in my mind 24/7?

No, because that is a one-time turn of the story, whereas Johnny Silverhand is a constant condition that, for all we know, may last the whole game. Imagine, as you are walking in Night City, cops just show up randomly and bust your ass regardless of what you did. That would make a better analogy.
  16. K

For your sum up, I hope I understand you correctly (and correct me if I didn't) but I'm curious what you mean by "mechanic" and what is not mechanic. If you mean by it choosing dialogue options or using combat/stealth, then no, having Johnny in my head won't affect the "mechanic" part of the...
  17. K

So far we've seen Silverhand showing up during main quests, side quest "Automatic Love" with Judy, alone with V in V's apartment, during the main quest with the Voodoo Boys, and when we were just eating our food. If that's not 24/7 that's pretty damn close to it. 1606149715 There is a huge...
  18. K

That's what I am worried about. During main quests that's no problem, but personally I would hate it if he's like this when I'm sleeping with Judy or when I just want to be lost in Night City alone.
  19. K

As cool as Johnny Silverhand and Keanu Reeves are, I won't like it if he's in my mind 24/7, all the time, without any control from me. Sure, on some quests his presence would be cool, but what about when I eat, when in the bathroom, or when having sex in Night City? Is he gonna watch all those...
  20. K

Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

Setting up a strawman doesn't help your argument. I never said that Warhorse Studio's path with KCD was better. My point simply is this: I don't trust that Cyberpunk 2077 will be GOTY-worthy, even after a delay, because it's developed by a company that has zero clue about evaluating their...
Top Bottom