Search results

+
  1. C

Altered Carbon on Netflix

The Poe switch was well done and I love the characterization they gave the AI, but the reason is that Edgar Allan is public domain. Jimi isn't, and hence would need royalty payments that were better spent on writing... because Poe is hilarious. Quell, the Envoy changes and such were made to...
  2. C

Artificial Intelligence vs. Intelligent Machines

Well this discussion went atomic while I was gone. I read through as much of it as I could, and there is a lot to process, but I figured I'd throw in an interesting bit of thought that came up in a discussion I had with my wife about AI and the idea of "Artificial" intelligence. Technically, by...
  3. C

The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

I read something about this to the effect that the whole not having a pulse thing actually eventually got to the dude. Like little biological cues that we don't even notice or think about being absent just caused nervous issues to the point they had to somehow simulate a pulse or something...
  4. C

So Motoko-style full body prosthetic with a cyberbrain? Hm... Ghost in the shell style stability, Cyberpsycho, or cyberzombie from shadowrun? Are you even human at that point
  5. C

Clearly a replicant. A rogue one at that digging into its own physiology. Retire it! Quick!
  6. C

Wat? Also Hi everyone. Back from Sabbatical
  7. C

Cyberpunk Soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-CoE46ZsD0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6RI2_lVMhg Say what you want about Deus Ex. I could see both of these being In Universe protest songs.
  8. C

Yeah, but figuring out how to do that, how to cope and deal with your issues is a damn hard struggle sometimes. So figuring it out is brave. And being able to be open about yourself, especially on the internet is brave as well.
  9. C

How far is Cyberpunk from reality?

It's been posted on here before, but... http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/2017/01/top-signs-were-living-in-cyberpunk.html From Robocop. "OCP traditionally dabbled in not for profit industries like healthcare, prisons, and space travel." All of which are now common works. Hacktivist...
  10. C

Dunno that I'd trust urban dictionary to be the determinator of true definitions, but you aren't wrong about hollywood ruining old titles. Robocop comes to mind. Here's hoping though. I've got the Voight-Kampf case with my collectors DVD of the first one. I need the second to be damn good
  11. C

"We are not doing Blade Runner. It will be full of rock and roll."

Love the TechNoir scene from Terminator. Also, How the HELL did I never hear of Rock and Rule before now
  12. C

CD Projeckt Red's "Cyberpunk" trademark not valid?

No, not really. The Trademark on "Cyberpunk" was originally established by R.Talosian games in 1988. This is the same trademark that CDPR is taking over. The simple fact is that in 1988, the internet wasn't a thing and people didn't get upjumped about corporations doing what they do. So no...
  13. C

Why Two Swords?

From "The World of The Witcher" book "Every witcher owns two blades, commonly called steel and sliver, though as I will soon explain, this terminology is an oversimplification" "The silver sword's blade, despite popular belief, is not forged from this metal entirely. Silver is a soft metal and...
  14. C

Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

My biggest hope honestly, especially from the description of "The Witcher stories follow an unconventional family that comes together to fight for truth in a dangerous world,” by daniel and brown, is that they touch on the entirety of Geralt's extended family and how they came together. By...
  15. C

CD Projeckt Red's "Cyberpunk" trademark not valid?

Oh Lord... this again. I''m just going to quote myself from the last thread about this. What that basically means is that another company can't use the word to market an item under the same name/brand. I could make "Cyberpunk Cola" but if I make a videogame, I can't title it "Cyberpunk" as...
  16. C

GEAR and Crafting: Clothing, Armor, and doohickeys...

I always felt like Fallout (specifically 1,2 and Tactics) actually handled drugs and the positive/negative effects of short or long term use quite well. There were points in 1 or 2 that using Jet or some other chem might be useful, but if you managed to land with addiction, there was no cure and...
  17. C

I figured Sard was somehow actually plugged into the forum a-la The Golden Throne of the Emperor of Mankind, and all of the stuff we are writing is actually being permanently seared into his psyche. But yeah, the forum is more hibernating than dead. Lot of lurkers just waiting to see what happens.
  18. C

Being "EVIL" in this game/world

But again, that depends on which side of the kill/steal you are on (not touching the rape subject, that IS evil period). Many would argue that Robin Hood wasn't "evil" but he stole. RIchard the Lionheart killed people, as did Simo Haya and Teddy Roosevelt. They are all lauded as heroes and good...
  19. C

Being "EVIL" in this game/world

That isn't always necessarily true though. A lot of what is seen as "evil" is a matter of perspective, raised morality, and cultural/social situations. A good example would be super-hardcore Christians that adhere to the 10 commandments might say "killing someone is evil, because God said Thou...
  20. C

Sorry all, Fell into some kinda lovecraftian abyss that I had to claw my way out of (teachers call it "End of the School Year) But since we're tossing about good game mechanics that pointers could be taken from for gritty combat. Little bit of Ac-Dc just adds to the humor in this case
Top Bottom