Search results

+
  1. Ataxiate

Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

What short story from the first two Witcher novels are you most excited to see adapted in the Netflix Witcher production? For me, it is the 'A question of price', the only story featuring calanthe and pavetta, Ciri's grandmother and mother. The tense mystery gradually unfolding during a...
  2. Ataxiate

Sihil - My Balance Suggestion

I play Big Monsters and I love playing against Sihil
  3. Ataxiate

Sounds like you lost to Hubert, not to Sihil.
  4. Ataxiate

What about giving artifacts a 'durability' counter, i.e. certain # of charges until they are destroyed?
  5. Ataxiate

Gwent was a really good Card Game, now it feels awful.

I think the game has far less RNG now than it did post-midwinter during the beta.
  6. Ataxiate

Gwent was a really good Card Game, now it feels awful.

I agree with your suggestions about: card draw, and artifacts. 1) Card draw - returning to the previous method (initial hand-draw 2-draw 1) with no hand limit is what I prefer as well, but may not be desirable in the current tutor scarce meta as you see too few cards from your deck. 2)...
  7. Ataxiate

Usurper is broken with 2 mulligans

I agree that Usurper is a lazy card that should not exist in the game. Synergy is what makes CCG's fun.
  8. Ataxiate

Why the silence [Reviews & Roadmap]?

Homecoming is almost like a brand new game so it requires its own balancing but I do agree that the card changes were too drastic from the beta version of the game. They could have kept a lot of the cards from the beta the same and simply added new cards.
  9. Ataxiate

Thoughts on the Game

I was a beta player and played pre-midwinter, for a week post-midwinter and now homecoming. I was a witcher 3 player and read all of the books as well and I can say that the cards in the current game are most in line with the witcher lore. I personally liked Gwent pre-midwinter the best as the...
  10. Ataxiate

Northern Realms - How Are You Fairing?

I'm only rank 14, but I have had success with playing winch, necromancy, and renew in my deck since removal is so prevalent in most decks. I spend the early turns baiting out their removal and then I will try revive a reinforced ballista and have it stick.
  11. Ataxiate

Why the silence [Reviews & Roadmap]?

I felt this way after the midwinter update. What did I do? I stopped playing gwent. You can always play other games or do other things with your time. I actually like homecoming and think it's an improvement. It's not perfect, but it was released in a alpha-like state, so give CDPR time to...
  12. Ataxiate

Bring back more tutors?

Gwent Homecoming is still in an infant state. It's essentially being beta tested now despite it's 'full release' status. There will be patches, and new cards added to the game. I personally prefer Homecoming over Post-Midwinter gwent. You have to be creative with deck design to create...
  13. Ataxiate

Bring back more tutors?

I agree. I used to play a Foltest northern realms deck pre-homecoming that could frequently play the entire deck with blue stripes commandos, reaver scouts, temerian infantry, dun banner cavalry. It was fun to play and knowing what cards were left in your deck was critical for strategy. I...
  14. Ataxiate

What do you enjoy the most in new Gwent?

So you were the guy that I played...
  15. Ataxiate

The Meaning of Rows

The problem with reach 1 is that many decks will be built to play the majority of their cards on the ranged row, nullifying this ability. Therefore, in order to make this work, I think you would have to return gwent to having row locked cards instead of choosing.
  16. Ataxiate

WE had homecoming, how about home departure?

CDPR shouldn't roll back gwent to the beta version, they need to balance and create new deck synergies that recreate the satisfaction of the strategies in the beta. The beta was not a superior game, but it had superior card design from years of testing.
  17. Ataxiate

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is now available on Steam!

I would like to know the answer to this as well.
  18. Ataxiate

Update to Artifact Provision Cost!

Step in the right direction, but I am concerned now that certain artifacts won't be played at all. Perhaps a better solution would have been to require them to be equipped by a unit to activate the ability as has been previously suggested, therefore reducing the need to throw in artifact removal.
  19. Ataxiate

Trade mulligans for provisions

Interesting idea but I don't think this would be work, given that different leaders have different mulligans.
  20. Ataxiate

I repainted a Geralt figure (Grandmaster Ursine ver)

Looks great man! I have the same figure and I think I may repaint mine too :P
Top Bottom