Search results

+
  1. L

What disappointed you about this game?

I believe that The Witcher 3 is the best game I have ever played. With that said, there are obviously flaws, as there are with any game, and particularly a game of this size. Here are a few: 1. The biggest flaw in the game is probably the lack of characterization of its main villains. We do...
  2. L

The Witcher 3 is one of the best war games there's ever been

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. And you may well be right. I certainly agree that it would've been difficult to do a major battle set piece that is in keeping with the thematic elements of the game (namely, creating a personal story that focused on real human connections and emotions). And I...
  3. L

Game content - How keep an Open World interesting

I think three things are key: 1. An open world will inevitably feel empty and boring if there aren't tons of quests and/or activities (such as mini-games) to do. At the same time, though, a game also is boring and tedious if it is filled with tons of uninspiring quests (such as simple fetch...
  4. L

I guess my point is that, even if the environment is somewhat indicative of war (as you said, corpses on battlefields, deserters running around, recently abandoned places, etc.), the game doesn't really show the human effect of the war in its actual storylines. Yes, it is nice to show that...
  5. L

I think there's some validity to what you say. There is something interesting and different about a game that portrays the lives of regular people during a war, rather than just portraying the war itself. I agree you don't necessarily need big battle set pieces to portray war effectively. But...
  6. L

[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

What is suggested in this thread would have been nice. The world does indeed feel pretty empty after the main quest ends, without the main characters to talk to and without the world really being at all responsive to what ending you got. But I get it. You only have so much time and resources...
  7. L

Yes, I suppose Reason of State does allow us to take sides and have an effect on the war. But it feels a bit tacked on, and you still don't actually see anything relating to the war. It's basically having an effect on the war through subterfuge, and you don't really see any difference in the...
  8. L

The game-breaking romance plot. I feel dirty now [Spoilers]

Given that you the vast majority of players will meet Triss before having much of any contact with Yen (the opening dream scene and the early Vizima stuff aside), I do think it's a bit unfair to the player that their romance with Yen can essentially be foreclosed before they really know her...
  9. L

An Analysis of The Witcher 3's Setting: Skellige

I liked Skellige. The music there is incredibly good. Skellige is also such a visual and thematic shift from the rest of the game, which is really cool. And there's certainly some memorable stuff that happens there. At the same time, I do have a few gripes with it: - I think my biggest issue...
  10. L

[Spoilers] What's your Opinion on Blood and Wine?

I just finished B&W. Overall, I really liked it. I do think there are some flaws--which I will mention below--but it is extremely good overall. First, the pros: - Toussaint itself is one of the most beautiful areas I've ever seen in a video game. It really is a work of art. Skellige is...
  11. L

Basic Gwent question

It probably depends on the faction you're using. It also depends on what cards you have in your deck. A simple general rule is this: When you play a lot of Gwent with a certain faction, you'll eventually notice that at the beginning of the game when you swap out two cards, you always are...
  12. L

I think there's two sides of this: 1. The game did a very good job of showing a land devastated by war, where life is really hard for the regular people caught up in it. 2. The game did not do a very good job of really showing us that war, or having questlines that directly relate to it. We...
Top Bottom