Search results

+
  1. jervi

Mechanical Faithfulness to Cyberpunk 2020...

I'm sorry that I dont' share your faith in the ability of a 5.56mm bullet to maintain enough energy over long distances to penetrate level IV protection at long range the way a larger, heavier round will, or your belief that civilians cannot get anything above II/IIa. I'm also sorry for not...
  2. jervi

Are you saying that bows are entirely random until a certain skill level? Or do they simply lack the aimbot of swords and aim manually like a full-on FPS? I would hope that they'd have more consistent controls/UI.
  3. jervi

I meant that as having RNG affect how close to the aim spot that you actually hit. There are quite a few games that use an aim circle that varies size based (at least in part) on character skill. However, even if your character skill (and, depending on the game, equipment) allow you to have an...
  4. jervi

I think various people had various motivations. My perception of your critiques, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is that CP2077 combat relies on player skill instead of being based solely on V's stats and skills, and thus is more FPS than RPG. If that is correct then I cannot help but wonder...
  5. jervi

That's what I'm seeing too; no more or less spongy than the RAW, and using official RAW instead of unofficial house rules (unless you consider CDPR's tweaks made with Mike Pondsmith's approval "unofficial"). 1536690750 Running a site does not automatically make one correct. Anyone can have a...
  6. jervi

True. And it's also true that what one person considers broken, another may consider less broken (and thus lower priority to fix) than other things. But desired experience shapes perceptions, and when desires are so opposite that you can't even agree on what reality is, discussion is more likely...
  7. jervi

Weekly Poll 9/10/18 - Exact Dialogue or Rephrased Dialogue?

That may be where we diverge then. For instance, I don't see "Sarcasm" as correcting an erroneous error; I read that as "make smartass comment that is at least mildly derogatory and possibly fight-startingly insulting.
  8. jervi

I have just as little reason to take your "credentials" seriously either. That door swings both ways, and I'm not going to bow down to someone who is merely a peer rather than a superior. But it sounds more like you have no idea who you're dealing with anyways, and I'm not in the mood to get...
  9. jervi

The original "Dark Souls-level harshness" comment was a reference to this... ... and the fact that Dark Souls has a pretty high mortality rate. Now, if you and maffaxxx like the same thing then good on you. But that still won't change my view of whether Dark Souls is fun or not, or make me as...
  10. jervi

I would like to keep the danger too, but I don't like danger so much that I won't wear armor just to up the risks. Hell, I wouldn't mind if there were the occasional enemy that had enough intelligence to try aiming somewhere other than my center of mass. Not the average ganger mind you since...
  11. jervi

It's not that DS is hard so much as it is not fun. Not even a little bit. If you like it then rock on with your bad self, but please respect the fact that others have different tastes.
  12. jervi

Does a few decades of experience with CP2020 mechanics as well as many dozens (probably hundreds by now) of other systems plus a pretty strong background in math count? But it would appear that you and I saw different demo videos so I'll wait until I get a gander at what you saw before I make...
  13. jervi

Numbered hit markers and immersion

I see what you're saying, but I'm also thinking what sort of place Night City is and how that would affect V compared to how my childhood gave me a certain skillset before I had any choice. For instance, growing up anywhere where street violence is a thing makes being at least competent with a...
  14. jervi

Fair enough. I have yet to have any character's dialog be nearly as far off as your example, but I also know that we're all different; we don't all have the same experiences or have the same degree of literalness when we read/listen. That also works, and that's about the right number of...
  15. jervi

Maybe I wasn't clear about specifying the tons of differences between a tabletop RPG and a computer game, but how many dev-hours and gigabytes are we going to put into trying to overcome that inherent flaw though? Before you answer, take an honest look at how many events in your first 20-30...
  16. jervi

There's isn't that much sponging, but there is a fair bit of armor as well as BTM damage reduction as per CP2020 base rules. Did you read Punknaught's analysis? And do you honestly believe that V could've done what she did there if she (and the player controlling her) hadn't done a little...
  17. jervi

My view, having been on both sides of the GM screen, is that CRPGs offer better visuals and sound while also automating all the die-rolls and correctly remembering all the situational modifiers, as well as allow for single-player action when you can't get the group together, but that is about...
  18. jervi

If you don't mind a million reloads then I think that you are in the minority. However, I wasn't a fan of the combat system they used either. I never wanted a mash-up of Kenjutsu and DDR!
  19. jervi

Reading some of the responses here, I am curious what games have rephrased dialog where the intent is not clear to anyone fluent in the language the game is in. Could someone please let me know so I know which games to avoid? Or is it simply a matter of some players wanting the dialog box to...
  20. jervi

I'm fine with that, but I'm not sure if those that hate FPS games with a burning passion will accept that answer. Maybe there really is no making everyone happy here.
Top Bottom