S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 is dead

+
S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 is dead

It's a very sad day.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/25/stalker-2-finally-dead-developers-move-on-to-another-apocalypse-with-survarium/

It would be nice if CPR buy the franchise and continue the work on stalker 2... =D

F2P MMOFPS? Omg, how very, very useless...

I feared that this day would come. When the news of the studio's bad situation first appeared, I reckoned it would end like this. Too bad, the first STALKER had its weak spots, but was a very atmospheric experience.

Aver

Forum veteran
Silverio13 said:
Very very BAD news.

Rumors are saying that Bethesda wants to buy the franchise and finish stalker 2.

It's already confirmed that those rumors were fake.

Aver said:
It's already confirmed that those rumors were fake.

Good because they sure couldn't handle it. Fallout 3 is just so bad that I have no faith in them creating a proper sequel.

Thank god lol, If it were Bethesda to produce it'd be a game that would prolly bore me to death. Anyways, Grigorovich didn't sell or loan the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise, which means that if his fantasies of an entrepreneur career bite him in the ass he can get back to making games. And I doubt he'd sell the franchise to some foreign publisher, he'd probably try to work with Vostok Games or 4A Games (the latter formed by the guys who created the X-Ray game engine and worked on Stalker while it was still in it's vaporware phase, they did Metro 2033 after leaving GSC).

yayodeanno said:
Thank god lol, If it were Bethesda to produce it'd be a game that would prolly bore me to death. Anyways, Grigorovich didn't sell or loan the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise, which means that if his fantasies of an entrepreneur career bite him in the ass he can get back to making games. And I doubt he'd sell the franchise to some foreign publisher, he'd probably try to work with Vostok Games or 4A Games (the latter formed by the guys who created the X-Ray game engine and worked on Stalker while it was still in it's vaporware phase, they did Metro 2033 after leaving GSC).

I agree with you, STALKER is one of the most amazing franchises ever made IMO, the imersion and atmosphere are simply amazing, i hope that some company continue the work with STALKER 2, for sure it'll be an amazing game, and for sure i'll buy as soon as it goes pre-order.

It's such a shame! Stalker is my favorite modern franchise (along with The Witcher), a true PC shooter, and one of the most atmospheric games ever.

Awesome games like this are dying, while all those new age shit like Halo, CoD.. continues to sell millions of copies..

In case you never heard of the game series (watch in full screen, HD):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42jUkfvhXes&feature=related

Are you sure STALKER 2 is dead? And I'm not talking to you but to the webs. I'm just seeing articles, rumours and blablabla about STALKER saga falling in Bethesda hands and then NO; others that talks about MMORPG STALKER and then NO but YES but NO; also STALKER 2 being totally dead, then alive, then partially alive and then zombie. Whatever!

In any case, STALKER 1 is still a game that I have and didn't beat XD . Hope I can do it anytime in this year.

Purpleknight said:
Are you sure STALKER 2 is dead? And I'm not talking to you but to the webs. I'm just seeing articles, rumours and blablabla about STALKER saga falling in Bethesda hands and then NO; others that talks about MMORPG STALKER and then NO but YES but NO; also STALKER 2 being totally dead, then alive, then partially alive and then zombie. Whatever!

In any case, STALKER 1 is still a game that I have and didn't beat XD . Hope I can do it anytime in this year.

There is a STALKER MMO being made by fans: http://stalker-online.co/

Top Bottom