Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition

+
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition

Today, the enhanced edition of Planescape: Torment will be released. Time to make a thread about it and discuss this awesome game.

I've played the game back in the day when it was originally released. After completing it, it quickly rose to be one of my favorite all time games, despite its clunky UI. Now having an enhanced edition is of course awesome news. But after so many years, I am also a little scared that my memories have become skewed, clouded by nostalgia. Regardless, I just have to play the game again. *Fingers crossed*

What can change the nature of a man?

Bought it weeks ago on GOG. I think I'll finish my current run of TW1 and then dive into Torment once more.

Good idea :)

But you know we've discussed Planescape: Torment at length in the Classic RPG's thread. We even had a separate, spoiler-ridden thread discussing the ending (this one is probably buried and/or lost). I suggest we rename this thread "Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition" so we can also talk about content and cosmetic changes, multiplatform support and so on.

Regarding nostalgia, I completed a playthrough not so long ago (2012 maybe? Holy shit that's 5 years!) and it was still great. Recently and in anticipation of Tides of Numenera, I played again until I reached Pharod, and it was still great. The only thing we should fear is Beamdog, not Planescape: Torment.

Last edited:
volsung;n8358900 said:
I suggest we rename this thread "Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition" so we can also talk about content and cosmetic changes, multiplatform support and so on.

Done! A good suggestion. I saw the old thread, but it was like 5 years old or something. Didn't want to necro that one. :)

The recording of the PS:T EE live stream (w/ Chris Avellone) from April, 3rd, in case anyone's missed it:

[video=youtube;gSDmnKh-axo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSDmnKh-axo[/video]

Looks like you'll be able to turn off the bulk of enhancements implemented by Beamdog for a near-untampered 'Black Isle' version of the game (+hardcoded engine-related modifications to support resolutions > 640x480 and other aspect ratios than 4:3, among other technical 'under the hood'-alterations).
Still remains to be seen how original exactly the supposed 'Original' unenhanced version that's included with the EE is though.

Last chance, by the way, to pick up the digital Hasbro-published Black Isle original PS:T from gog.com before it likely gets replaced by the Beamdog EE in a little more than 4 hours, or whenever it's supposed to be released today.

Top Bottom