The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Mac System Requirements Update

+
Wonder why none of the Official guys have responded to the fan base yet. Like a we have been delayed or 2 weeks or something please

We are happy to announce that The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings will soon have Apple silicon M1, M2, and macOS Ventura support.

However, we will be discontinuing support for OS X 10.7.5, OS X 10.8.2, macOS 10.15, and changing the new minimum macOS requirement to macOS 11.0. This is because the technology we are using, the JIT-compatible memory management and Apple's Game Controller framework, require a minimum version of macOS 11.0. These updates are necessary to provide support to Apple silicon chips.

We want to ensure that players have time to prepare for these changes. As such, we are giving a 30-day notice before we discontinue support for these specific operating systems.

To continue playing on macOS lower than 11.0, keep the old version of the game. To do it on Steam and GOG, disable automatic updates. On AppStore no action is necessary. On all platforms, if the game is uninstalled, the latest update will be the only one available to install. However, on GOG rolling back to an earlier version is possible.
Post automatically merged:

Hey @Vattier this radio silence about Mac release is killing me. Any updates ?
nah

Guest 4722424

You know what I don't understand about this situation boys ? If you're CDPR and you make this sort of announcement then for some reason you're not able to deliver, why wouldn't you just let the people know that there will be a delay ? You don't have to give a specific reason or date, just say:

"Hey guys, we apologise for the delay, we're doing our best to make it happen but we'll need a bit more time. Trust us, we want the update out just as much as you do. Thank you for your patience."

It takes less than 2 minutes to write a statement like this.

[Sard Edit: Rule 1.]

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what I don't understand about this situation boys ? If you're CDPR and you make this sort of announcement then for some reason you're not able to deliver, why wouldn't you just let the people know that there will be a delay ? You don't have to give a specific reason or date, just say:

"Hey guys, we apologise for the delay, we're doing our best to make it happen but we'll need a bit more time. Trust us, we want the update out just as much as you do. Thank you for your patience."

It takes less than 2 minutes to write a statement like this.
Hwell… here on the other hand you’re quite overdramatic. In an essence I agree with you, but to call for anyone to be fired is quite too much. It’s a lovely (one of the best actually if you’d ask me ;)), old game, they will do nice thing to us once they’ll deliver, we won’t even pay for it, so… as disappointing it is to have it later and CDPR not communicating things well enough, let’s not escalate unnecessarily here. Because it sounds childish. Almost as childish as politicians in parliament 😜:p

Guest 4722424

I don't think I'm being overdramatic. They said they will do something, they failed to do it, then proceeded with moving forward as if nothing happened. The lack of communication is someone's fault. Normally you would let people know what's going on in situations like this.

I have no issue with the fact that they didn't deliver on time. Even if they don't update the games at all that's fine, sometimes things just don't work out. I do appreciate that they decided to update the games.

But, what I don't like about this situation is their lack of communication when they failed to deliver that update on time.

It's like telling someone you have a surprise for them in 30 days and that you'll meet then, then you fail to meet them but you don't say anything about it. In the meantime they send you messages asking about what happened and you ignore them and instead they see you post on your socials about how beautiful the weather is in Japan. How do you think that person would feel ? When all you had to do is to tell them "Sorry, I couldn't make it today. I'll let you know when I can." but instead you choose to ignore the other person.

Well that's basically what they did.

I don't think I'm being overdramatic. They said they will do something, they failed to do it, then proceeded with moving forward as if nothing happened. The lack of communication is someone's fault. Normally you would let people know what's going on in situations like this.

I have no issue with the fact that they didn't deliver on time. Even if they don't update the games at all that's fine, sometimes things just don't work out. I do appreciate that they decided to update the games.

But, what I don't like about this situation is their lack of communication when they failed to deliver that update on time.

It's like telling someone you have a surprise for them in 30 days and that you'll meet then, then you fail to meet them but you don't say anything about it. In the meantime they send you messages asking about what happened and you ignore them and instead they see you post on your socials about how beautiful the weather is in Japan. How do you think that person would feel ? When all you had to do is to tell them "Sorry, I couldn't make it today. I'll let you know when I can." but instead you choose to ignore the other person.

Well that's basically what they did.
Hey, calling for someone to get the axe over a game delay? Seriously? I get being a hardcore fan, totally bummed when the game's not out yet. But pushing for people to lose their jobs because you weren't updated? Much overkill.

Imagine being an employee of any corporation, constantly juggling insane targets. It's chaos in there – a mad scramble to meet plans and avoid f-ups (and unavoidably these do happen). They're not superheroes; they're regular folks trying to keep up with the endless demands. And here you are, expecting them to pull off miracles and keep you in the loop like you're BFFs or spouses.

So, CDPR didn’t upgrade an old game to the newest tech? Big deal. Just move on, don’t buy their next game if it bugs you. But asking for someone’s job over this? That's crossing a line. Makes me wonder why I even got into this discussion. We’re all passionate, sure, but let’s keep it real and remember the human element in all this.

For me? I'll be still impatiently checking for this update but if they do and deliver - it is a nice and unexpected thing in a first place. Sure, probably some PR context is there as well but honestly - they don't have to do it at all.

The very first rule on this forum is: always treat others with kindness and respect. If you are unwilling or unable to follow that rule, or any of the other rules, please do not post.

Disappointment, negative feedback, and such are, of course, permitted -- provided they are presented in a civil manner. Not as insults or other kinds of disrespect.

Some content removed.

Hey, this truly has been an early Christmas gift as of the announcement, so thanks for providing this update at all!
That being said: as of now, I don't see any updates to the installer files provided for either game via GOG. Both installer files are tagged as x64 and the changelog does not show any changes in months (in case of tW2) and almost two years (for tW1), respectively. Am I missing something, or have the games not yet been updated in the GOG database? I'd expect them to be, eventually, because of the obvious affiliation of CDProjekt and GOG...

Hey, this truly has been an early Christmas gift as of the announcement, so thanks for providing this update at all!
That being said: as of now, I don't see any updates to the installer files provided for either game via GOG. Both installer files are tagged as x64 and the changelog does not show any changes in months (in case of tW2) and almost two years (for tW1), respectively. Am I missing something, or have the games not yet been updated in the GOG database? I'd expect them to be, eventually, because of the obvious affiliation of CDProjekt and GOG...
GOG version updated too!

Thanks for a great unexpected update! There are still issue I hope you are aware of it. Keep up the good work and port the rest of your games ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-21 alle 14.42.37 - dimensioni grandi.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-11-21 alle 14.42.37 - dimensioni grandi.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 61

Guest 4722424

Thanks for a great unexpected update! There are still issue I hope you are aware of it. Keep up the good work and port the rest of your games ;)

That happens on my side as well, the head lighting glitch when you get close to a character.

The Witcher 2 face glitch on Apple Silicon is fixed! I just noticed the update queued in Steam, installed it, and ran the game on my M1 MacBook Air. No more NPC face glitch! Woohoo!

I don't know if the Witcher 1 crash is fixed or not, someone else could check and report back.

Top Bottom