The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
BjornTheBandit;n8575770 said:
But seriously though. Any scotch or mead in this tavern (or is it a bar)

It's a bar. A tavern?! In 2077?!

Also I dunno. I don't drink. NetCops aren't allowed. We ingest a weird optimized mush. Tastes like baby food.

Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4) (July month 2017( AND.... our most beloved CP2077 (January month 2018).... They are coming!!!!!!

BjornTheBandit;n8576150 said:
mmmmmm, baby food. Is it bad that I was curious enough to actually eat baby food when feeding my own child once?

Nope. Totally common. I like applesauce and peach.

BjornTheBandit;n8575770 said:
But seriously though. Any scotch or mead in this tavern (or is it a bar)

Like Sard I don't drink either... for the most part the only thing I drink these days is water, milk, and the occational Fanta. XD

I stopped buying alcohol my self somewhere around the turn of the century, because I did not like the taste (I never have liked the taste... and I can close to litterally taste the taste of the alcohol through almost any level of mix I did... heck, it's the reason I never start using Dijon mustard, because it tasted like crap from the wine in it... XD ). The things I disslike the most is beer and wine, and if I had the choice I only drank either Vodka mixed with something, or some of the salty licorice/salmiak flavored ones (like Salmiakki Koskenkorva), or Cider (I think you guys over in North America call it "Hard Cider"... no Cider that I know of here in Sweden is none alcoholic (unless they are specificly "none-alcoholic Cider", which is not all that common), so if you say "I want a Cider" here in Sweden, you will get an alcoholic one). Most of the Cider I drank was stronger then your average Swedish/European beer as well.

It also always tended to be way to expensive for me to get anywhere near the "good feeling" from it (I seem to have always had a very high tolerance against alcohol, so I always had to drink more then the people around to get to the same level of feeling as them... this was even though it was not untill I was 18 that I actually started drinking regularly, which was like 2-5 years later then most people I knew). Heck, I have even multiple times failed to get drunk, and not from a lack of trying... XD So I decided that it was not worth my money... I could put that money to use on other much more importent things... like games... comics... books... pizza... candy... snacks... cakes and cookies with milk... mmm good. XD

Last edited:
Drinking used to be a huge problem for me, but I finally put it in it's place. I don't NEED it, but I work 2 jobs and every so often a small glass of whiskey is nice. Although recently, I thought something along the lines of "What's this mead I keep hearing about? Oh, it's wine that won't wreck my stomach with acidity? Count me in!" My first mead was some imported stuff from Denmark I found at the local boozery. It's my favorite hahaha

BjornTheBandit;n8575110 said:
I see! I've just never been on such a quiet one, so I was a bit confused...

If you want to see some action, try Gwent forum starting tomorrow when public beta goes live. Or if you don't like card games, you can wait here until Cyberpunk comes out and this place explodes :)

In any case, welcome to the forums and have a scotch!

I'm really curious. What's life like as a moderator for this sort of thing? It just sorta hit me like a 2 ton heavy thing.... that running a forum probably takes ALOT of work

BjornTheBandit;n8583260 said:
What's life like as a moderator for this sort of thing?
We read rather a lot, and constantly chase imps, goblins, phantoms, and trolls (apart from our fellow moderators, that is).

Riven-Twain;n8584480 said:
We read rather a lot, and constantly chase imps, goblins, phantoms, and trolls (apart from our fellow moderators, that is).

Do you get shiny weapons and compadres to fight evil with? Reading can be good or bad, depending on what you have to slog through...

Riven-Twain;n8584600 said:
Nay, we only use dull, blunt weapons, preferably engraved with mildly humorous witticisms.

Ohhhhhh, like ye olde banhammer then.

Yeah everything above is WRONG. That's the Primitives side. Around here, we prefer to ban with -intent- using something like this:

Sardukhar;n8587410 said:
Around here, we prefer to ban with -intent- using something like this:
Yet another dull, blunt weapon, engraved with a mildly amusing witticism. No difference, old chap.

Riven-Twain;n8588250 said:
Yet another dull, blunt weapon, engraved with a mildly amusing witticism. No difference, old chap.

Yeah. You know, we don't -hit- them with the barrel ( the long round thingy). We shoot things out of it. Pointed things. Kind of like your arrows, only much, much better. Choomba.

Re-read Mirrorshades, thinking of doing another GITS movies + series run.

I wonder what miserable cameo will mods be given this time? Perhaps listed on a homeless organ "donors"? Or maybe kidnapped children test subjects?

Clearly the only proper handhelt banhammer type of weapon for a sci-fi forum moderator is the Pancor Jackhammer! And I guess the SA-43 Hammerhead's, from Space: Above and Beyond, would do well for those really nasty Chigs (like the notorious Chiggy von Richthofen). XD Man, I loved that series... it is one of my alltime favorit sci-fi series ever. :) I was so annoyed when they cancelled it... it was the first time I can remember encounting a TV show I liked being cancelled... these days it happends way to often... :(

[video=youtube;-VKGhqIl4Gw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VKGhqIl4Gw[/video]

Top Bottom