Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suhiira;n7667420 said:
You can take the easy route everyone else follows, crime for personal gain, back stabbing others to get ahead ... or ... you can "Do the right thing against all odds."

Oooh. I really like that!

I hope that what they depicted in the trailer can actually happen to you; you use to many implants, especially illegal ones to cut costs that lack input buffers, that you might actually lose control and kill people, and the special anti-cyborg unit takes you down, and then you will given the option by the judge when you are found guilty: dismantling and death (and the end of the game) or continue your journey as a cop. But emphasis on CAN, not WILL; if you don't go overboard with your implants; should also be able to go through the game without ever going insane.

I hope the creators of the table top RPG bring forth a new table top Cyberpunk 2077 as a companion; for all who want to continue playing the world with friends beyond the CRPG.

And I hope that the title year means they won't restrict themselves to a direct adaption of Cyberpunk 2020; I hope they bring forth the spirit and concepts o Cyberpunk 2020; but update all the things that are hopelessly dated and nothing like internet and computers actually work; that take all the things we've learned over the past 30 years, and project them into 2077?

Ya know, one thing that comes to mind in the whole implants/cyberpsycho line of thought is the characters Empathy.

As long as your character has an Empathy of 1 will they (re)act and speak the same as one with Empathy 10?

This is really a case where many of the dialog options must, yes must not should, be dependent on your characters currant (post implants) Empathy rating.

3DMaster;n7669260 said:
I hope that what they depicted in the trailer can actually happen to you; you use to many implants, especially illegal ones to cut costs that lack input buffers, that you might actually lose control and kill people, and the special anti-cyborg unit takes you down, and then you will given the option by the judge when you are found guilty: dismantling and death (and the end of the game) or continue your journey as a cop. But emphasis on CAN, not WILL; if you don't go overboard with your implants; should also be able to go through the game without ever going insane.

They have to do this. I mean it's one of the most interesting aspects of Cyberpunk as defined by the source material. There has to be a mechanic that both rewards and potentially damages players for indulging in too much tech. It's one of the biggest draws for me.

Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2017?

A game play reveal at this years E3? Witcher 3's gameplay was revealed in 2013 and the game released in 2015.
Now CD Projekt Red stated in 2016 that cyberpunk 2077 would release within the next 4 years, so do you think its safe to assume we will get some gameplay this year and a release date for 2019?

gamingdevil800;n7691680 said:
A game play reveal at this years E3? Witcher 3's gameplay was revealed in 2013 and the game released in 2015.
Now CD Projekt Red stated in 2016 that cyberpunk 2077 would release within the next 4 years, so do you think its safe to assume we will get some gameplay this year and a release date for 2019?

Witcher 3 gameplay was revealed in 2014 during E3. In 2013 they revealed only "Debut Trailer" and VGX trailer later. They could also change their marketing strategy for Cyberpunk 2077 especially because they are promoting Gwent right now, but who knows.

Maybe we'll find out something about Cyberpunk 2077 progress or some E3 info march 30 when they will reveal financial report for 2016.

Maybe, if a release date in 2018 is feasible. If it is planned only in 2019, then I would not expect to see much yet.

Ehhh, I wouldn't count on it. They're still hiring, no? Gut tells me, once they're done with that, an extra year of full development plus six months( at least) of polishing/bug fixing.
And there is Gwent, so marketing will likely be focused on one project. 2018 mid year is earliest release, Imo.

Best we can hope for is some kind conference, coming in clear with how the game will play, some kind of official FAQ for wider audience.

At best, another CGI trailer. Gameplay, no chance! CDPR is not going to repeat the mistake of showing potential gameplay that they may not actually be able to deliver, like they did with Witcher 3.

WalteriusMaximus;n7700660 said:
At best, another CGI trailer. Gameplay, no chance! CDPR is not going to repeat the mistake of showing potential gameplay that they may not actually be able to deliver, like they did with Witcher 3.

Imagine firing up The Witcher 3 and seeing what we saw on that fabled CGI vid.... man....But yea, rather not set the bar too high and cause an uproar!

Incoming " 2017 is the year of gwent". Pretty clear to me that they not going to show anything worthwhile. Full release of gwent is probably somewhere near may. You guys really think they gonna show us something about Cyberpunk a month later? Don't get your hopes up people.

Honestly I actually believe we will se an official reveal this year at e3, why? Well because this project was announce 4 friggin years ago and people have either stopped caring or it's reached fever pitch, it's been way too long and cdpr should feel some pressure to leak details and show us a trailer. I say yes, yes it will

Yeah... I am like most expecting very little from 2017 when it comes to Cyberpunk 2077. Maybe some smaller things at most.

At some point (not sure when... a year or two ago I think, maybe even 3... XD ) i just decided that 2018 sounded like a much better candidate for us seeing anything major from CP2077... and that the release date of the game will probably be somewhere in the range of 2019 to 2020.

I would of course be very happy if it was finally revealed, and released, earlier then that. XD

Last edited:
Satori88;n7703490 said:
Incoming " 2017 is the year of gwent". Pretty clear to me that they not going to show anything worthwhile. Full release of gwent is probably somewhere near may. You guys really think they gonna show us something about Cyberpunk a month later? Don't get your hopes up people.

Absolutely horrible game, this standalone Gwent! I love the in-game Gwent, but this is such a far departure from the original game, it may as well not be Gwent at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom