Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydanyo;n8623390 said:
I'm resigned to the fate that it is similar to Witcher 3 in that it's third person (hopefully with better movement mechanics though), which might mean that it's click and shoot instead of aim and shoot. The biggest issue I'd have with that is that it kind of removes the immersion of cybervision completely. How is my TimesSquare Marquee and other optics going to be logical at all when I'm actually hovering behind the character as some godlike figure, and not the character itself?

Oh well.
Not that hard, use 1st-person view to designate the target by aiming at it, then using character skills and augmentations to determine hit probability.
Yes, your player ability to get on, or select a specific body part as your target won't be relevant in this case, but you still get the 1st-persion immersion factor.

The advantage of this method is you could use the same game mechanics for aiming at targets and give the player the option during the initial game set-up to use FPS or RPG mechanics to determine actual accuracy. Best of both worlds.

Suhiira;n8655660 said:
Not that hard, use 1st-person view to designate the target by aiming at it, then using character skills and augmentations to determine hit probability.
Yes, your player ability to get on, or select a specific body part as your target won't be relevant in this case, but you still get the 1st-persion immersion factor.

The advantage of this method is you could use the same game mechanics for aiming at targets and give the player the option during the initial game set-up to use FPS or RPG mechanics to determine actual accuracy. Best of both worlds.

Well, yeah, I mean, for me personally, the whole switching between 3rd and 1st is a complete no-no. But, as it goes, different strokes and to each their own. Unless you meant sticking in first person mode constantly, in which case I'd just say have it be a proper first person game. No click and shoot required, and just make shooting skills and cyberware act like an autoaim.

But I mean, that's a moot point, because it's almost absolutely certainly going to be a third person game, and a click and shoot at that.

Last edited:
I'd prefer third person myself, but suspect it may not be.

Candle on, candle off, candle on, candle off ... there were moments in Witcher 3 I REALLY wanted a first person option.

Suhiira;n8662610 said:
I'd prefer third person myself, but suspect it may not be.

Candle on, candle off, candle on, candle off ... there were moments in Witcher 3 I REALLY wanted a first person option.

I would be very frustrated and upset if the game is first-person only. ideally, they should implement both to the same standard, like Skyrim does. This game is a perfect example of implementing both with maximum flexibility for the gamer to have what he wants.

WalteriusMaximus;n8667870 said:
I would be very frustrated and upset if the game is first-person only. ideally, they should implement both to the same standard, like Skyrim does. This game is a perfect example of implementing both with maximum flexibility for the gamer to have what he wants.

yeah considering is a rpg that should have a lot of customization in... and customization is pointless if you are forced to have a first person all the time..

Mebrilia;n8668910 said:
yeah considering is a rpg that should have a lot of customization in... and customization is pointless if you are forced to have a first person all the time..

Fallout 4 is a great example of how you can play a game in first person all of the time, with a really nice and smooth first person engine, and still have the ability to pull the camera out to a third person view to look at your character if you feel like it. That's how I personally would like the game to be.

Forcing third person only to me is just as horrible as forcing first person only.

Sydanyo;n8670940 said:
Fallout 4 is a great example of how you can play a game in first person all of the time, with a really nice and smooth first person engine,

The possibility of changing from 3rd to 1rst person camera in the fallout games is nice, but oh boy does Bethesda's "Creation Engine" sucks, *ECH* I mean "Gamebryo 1.2" sucks.

THE CREATION ENGINE IS OUTDATED BY 2005'S STANDARDS.

Lisbeth_Salander;n8671210 said:
The possibility of changing from 3rd to 1rst person camera in the fallout games is nice, but oh boy does Bethesda's "Creation Engine" sucks, *ECH* I mean "Gamebryo 1.2" sucks.

THE CREATION ENGINE IS OUTDATED BY 2005'S STANDARDS.

Well, I mean... What's a better hybrid first person shooter / third person adventuring engine, with building and stuff like that?

Sydanyo;n8671360 said:
Well, I mean... What's a better hybrid first person shooter / third person adventuring engine, with building and stuff like that?

did you not know anything Bethesda made since Morrowind is O B J E C T I V E L Y shit? and that this has to be mentioned anytime the games get brought up?

lord_blex;n8672390 said:
did you not know anything Bethesda made since Morrowind is O B J E C T I V E L Y shit? and that this has to be mentioned anytime the games get brought up?

Well, your opinion is your opinion, and if you put it that way, it won't really matter to anyone.

Still, that has very little to do with this topic, and to be honest, should be considered nothing but flaming.

Sydanyo;n8672990 said:
Well, your opinion is your opinion, and if you put it that way, it won't really matter to anyone. Still, that has very little to do with this topic, and to be honest, should be considered nothing but flaming.

I thought I couldn't have made the sarcasm in my post any more obvious. oh well..
it tickles me the wrong way that some games just cannot be brought up without someone immediately starting to criticize it, when that criticism doesn't even have anything to do with the topic at hand. unless @Lisbeth_Salander was also sarcastic...

lord_blex;n8673230 said:
I thought I couldn't have made the sarcasm in my post any more obvious. oh well..
it tickles me the wrong way that some games just cannot be brought up without someone immediately starting to criticize it, when that criticism doesn't even have anything to do with the topic at hand. unless @Lisbeth_Salander was also sarcastic...

Fair enough. I just personally thought your post wasn't in any way witty, funny or otherwise entertaining, and had nothing to do with the thread topic. So, yeah, personally I can do without that kind of "sarcasm".

Last edited:
i would say the chances of seeing a small teaser trailer at E3 is kinda good tbh i would say. about 35-40% chance of that. and i think they will show it on the xbox conference. just like they did with gwent.

lord_blex;n8673230 said:

In Fallout 4...

*The animation is robotic at best, not to mention the bugged cutscenes that try to emulate human
interactions in the most atrocious ways imaginable.

*The RPG elements in it are irrelevant to the gameplay, in New Vegas it was possible to progress through the game by using unique character talk options depending of the sklls you developed.

*In this game the skills don't exist and now we only have S.P.E.C.I.A.L points that are primarly focused on crafting things, oh except for the CHARISMA that only serves for some extra MUNEY.

*The game story is linear to the point of not giving the player any in game options whatsoever, do you want to be bad? Now you can't.

*Fallout 4 is a blurry mess in terms of graphics.

*The game has a massive amount of bugs and glitches that Bethesda to this day hans't even patched it, BUT ITS A BETHESDA GAME SO ITS LIKE THEIR CHARM GUYZZ DONT WORRY THE MODS WILL FIX IT XDDDDD.

*The game has graphic issues that not even the most excelent computer can fix it.

*It doens't have any sense of chalenge since it's possible to find the most important items in the first 15 minutes of the game.

*The companions are all dogs, in other words, any character will fall in love with you in less than 25 minutes of gameplay, great character development Bethesda.

Yeah I was being totally sarcastic.

animalfather;n8674600 said:
i would say the chances of seeing a small teaser trailer at E3 is kinda good tbh i would say. about 35-40% chance of that. and i think they will show it on the xbox conference. just like they did with gwent.

You mean like the one teaser they released in 2013? I'd prefer a trailer, but like my grandpa used to say back in 'Nan, "a teaser trailer is better than nothing son"

Last edited:
Sydanyo;n8678800 said:
Any chance you could drop a source?

It looks very similar to what you can find in some of the Witcher 3 related documents that were leaked in 2014, so I guess it might be deleted soon, regardless of whether it is fake (if not, I wonder if there is more somewhere :)). It would be interesting to compare the deadlines to those of TW3, that would give a very rough estimate (keeping in mind the possibility of delays etc.) of when the game might be released.

Lisbeth_Salander;n8675360 said:
In Fallout 4...

*The animation is robotic at best, not to mention the bugged cutscenes that try to emulate human
interactions in the most atrocious ways imaginable.

*The RPG elements in it are irrelevant to the gameplay, in New Vegas it was possible to progress through the game by using unique character talk options depending of the sklls you developed.

*In this game the skills don't exist and now we only have S.P.E.C.I.A.L points that are primarly focused on crafting things, oh except for the CHARISMA that only serves for some extra MUNEY.

*The game story is linear to the point of not giving the player any in game options whatsoever, do you want to be bad? Now you can't.

*Fallout 4 is a blurry mess in terms of graphics.

*The game has a massive amount of bugs and glitches that Bethesda to this day hans't even patched it, BUT ITS A BETHESDA GAME SO ITS LIKE THEIR CHARM GUYZZ DONT WORRY THE MODS WILL FIX IT XDDDDD.

*The game has graphic issues that not even the most excelent computer can fix it.

*It doens't have any sense of chalenge since it's possible to find the most important items in the first 15 minutes of the game.

*The companions are all dogs, in other words, any character will fall in love with you in less than 25 minutes of gameplay, great character development Bethesda.

Yeah I was being totally sarcastic.

You mean like the one teaser they released in 2013? I'd prefer a trailer, but like my grandpa used to say back in 'Nan, "a teaser trailer is better than nothing son"

Not even mentioning that a lot of clunkyness about fallout4 or skyrim are because the game is developed with first person in mind then third person....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom