Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talonvor;n8801410 said:
People will show up to look at what is here when YouTubers and streamers talk about it. I know Angry Joe mentioned CP2077 in his Top 10 most anticipated game for this years E3. Granted he was just saying that we will not see anything about it this year, but still it reminds some people that the game is in development and informs others that CDPR is working on a new game that isn't related to the Witcher.

Yeah... we who have been here for some several years tend to see those occational waves of new people who happend to see something about the game for the first time due to X, Y and Z reason.

kofeiiniturpa;n8808880 said:
Rock, paper, shotgun has a write up titled:

"What the Cyberpunk 2020 RPG can tell us about Cyberpunk 2077?"

Nothing really new there, just speculation. But it is generally a decently informative article. And who knows, perhapst it's part of the "surprise marketing campaign".

PRetty good, but this made me laugh:

"since if you die in a brain dance you die in real life". Wut? Did I..did I miss that somewhere? Maaaybe if you had an unedited 'dance you -might- have a heart attack...otherwise, no.

Yeah, I imagine you would only "feel" like you're dying, but otherwise you'd be fine.

I mean, if the "protagonist" dies in a dance, the show's over right? You'd just wake up.

Sardukhar;n8809160 said:
"since if you die in a brain dance you die in real life". Wut? Did I..did I miss that somewhere? Maaaybe if you had an unedited 'dance you -might- have a heart attack...otherwise, no.

Yeah.

It's RPS, can't have it all.

Well maybe whether dying in a braindancd affects your real physical body could depend on how long your in the brain daince?? Like if stay in it too long or something your mind might start to beleive its real and therefore death or harm in the braindance could somehoe have a ripple effect on your mind outside the braindance. Could be a cool gameplay mechanic that way.

Calistarius;n8803950 said:
Yeah... we who have been here for some several years tend to see those occational waves of new people who happend to see something about the game for the first time due to X, Y and Z reason.

Damm, you guys are veterans.

First CD Projekt says this is the year of gwent, therefore leaving no space for CP2077 in 2017. But then they said the marketing campaign is ready and it will rely on the element of surprise. So maybe, there'll be a trailer at this year's E3.

BUT MAYBE, since we all expect something to be shown at E3, they'll chose another less popular gaming event. OR, CDPR won't say they'll be at next year's E3, only to show up unexpected and reveal Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay.

CP2077 CONFIRMED FOR THIS YEAR'S E3.

Calistarius;n8803950 said:

Wow, you guys are pretty amazing! I mean, I can imagine being around for several months, but several YEARS???! Just blows my mind!

WalteriusMaximus;n8818960 said:
Wow, you guys are pretty amazing!

I smell a hint of sarcasm. :cool:

For real though, I joined the Cyberpunk 2077 forums pretty soon after they opened, but the lack of...anything from RED soon put me in a semi-permanent lurk mode. Actually only became active again through Reddit and its Discord.

As an aside, I see some people who have joined the forums way before 2012/2013, so I'm guessing that's a side effect of the forums being merged with GOG accounts and whatnot.

Last edited:
Sydanyo;n8819100 said:
I smell a hint of sarcasm. :cool:

For real though, I joined the Cyberpunk 2077 forums pretty soon after they opened, but the lack of...anything from RED soon put me in a semi-permanent lurk mode. Actually only became active again through Reddit and its Discord.

As an aside, I see some people who have joined the forums way before 2012/2013, so I'm guessing that's a side effect of the forums being merged with GOG accounts and whatnot.

I don't even know what is a "Cyberpunk 2077", I keep posting in this forum though.

>The year is 2013
>I hate cgi trailers because I think most of them are just lying to the costumers
>Prefer some gameplay trailers
>I see a great trailer with the name Cyberpunk 2077 teaser
>Cool trailer, but since it's cgi it doens't matter that mutch to me
>I had no more hopes for AAA rpg games until I saw the Witcher series
>Great games
>Turns out that great trailer was for a rpg game that'll be made by the same creators of Wild Hunt
>mfw

mfw.gif

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n8818690 said:
Damm, you guys are veterans.

First CD Projekt says this is the year of gwent, therefore leaving no space for CP2077 in 2017. But then they said the marketing campaign is ready and it will rely on the element of surprise. So maybe, there'll be a trailer at this year's E3.

BUT MAYBE, since we all expect something to be shown at E3, they'll chose another less popular gaming event. OR, CDPR won't say they'll be at next year's E3, only to show up unexpected and reveal Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay.

CP2077 CONFIRMED FOR THIS YEAR'S E3.

I think it is possible that they might show something at Gamescom, like screenshots and concept art, though E3 this year would be surprising.

Mekari;n8819790 said:
I think it is possible that they might show something at Gamescom, like screenshots and concept art, though E3 this year would be surprising.

I think when they start their marketing campaign, it will be much more than concept art and screenshots. I think it is very likely we will see actual gameplay, even if it is only a short snippet.

Next E3 will be all about Cyberpunk 2077, question is on what stage will they be? im thinking xbox since it had Gwent on stage last year there might be some deal there..

animalfather;n8820860 said:
Next E3 will be all about Cyberpunk 2077, question is on what stage will they be? im thinking xbox since it had Gwent on stage last year there might be some deal there..

Consider that X-box is hugely more popular on the west and the Playstationis is on the east.

And also that most of the Witcher, Cyberpunk 2020 and the AAA RPG audiences are on the west.

Beween the two, there's more chance for it to be on the X-box stage.

Last edited:
animalfather;n8820860 said:
Next E3 will be all about Cyberpunk 2077, question is on what stage will they be?

Perhaps because the success of The Witcher and how independent they might feel, (if it is so) they might have their own moment to shine and expose their own games. In a smaller cohesive scale. A moment of 30 minutes or so. They sure have put their name in eveyrbodies conversations. ANd one of the most anticipated games that truly has been on the wait for so many people it comes from CDPR.

Donum-Dei;n8821580 said:
Perhaps because the success of The Witcher and how independent they might feel, (if it is so) they might have their own moment to shine and expose their own games. In a smaller cohesive scale. A moment of 30 minutes or so. They sure have put their name in eveyrbodies conversations. ANd one of the most anticipated games that truly has been on the wait for so many people it comes from CDPR.

It makes sense since CDPR said they'd go for Bethesda's marketing strategy. And guess what, Bethesda just did that and went with the whole independent presentation thing for Fallout 4.

Donum-Dei;n8821580 said:

like Destiny 2....interesting..

First this game will be released for PC DarthRaver8686
and the will be released on consoles. It sure will be, if by the time, the Scorpio still the new kid on the block, equally with PS5 or whichever name will go Sony about naming it.

Lisbeth_Salander;n8821660 said:
It makes sense since CDPR said they'd go for Bethesda's marketing strategy. And guess what, Bethesda just did that and went with the whole independent presentation thing for Fallout 4.

animalfather;n8822370 said:
like Destiny 2....interesting..

Exactly.
That is how might happen too.

P.s. So Long.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom