turn a profit! in cyberpunk 2077

+

how do you make a relible, consistant income in cyberpunk? besides the usual payjob and looting/stealling?

you make your own gang, make them extort and loot for you, you invest in a buisness, making a share of the profit, you rent your real estate, getting mounthly rents.

is that somthing that fits the spirit of the 2020 game?

tropit9;n8267520 said:
how do you make a relible, consistant income in cyberpunk? besides the usual payjob and looting/stealling?

you make your own gang, make them extort and loot for you, you invest in a buisness, making a share of the profit, you rent your real estate, getting mounthly rents.

Not sure...with those kind of (facebook) management systems, thing is you need to put a lot of effort to make it work( right), usually ends up a hassle otherwise. And they already got their plate full, even with rpg mechanics alone.
Real question is how do you not break economy in sandbox/open world game of this size...would like to see for a large portion of the game being forced to make decisions: better cyberware, weapon mod, Trauma back up, or a car upgrade?You want to make the player feel tempted by crime here...in GTA's it feels meaningless.
If they're planning something similar, I'd save it for Dlc, easier to implement once they've fine tuned the main game ( economy). Buy a small out of work derelict night club ( say: VA-11 Hall-A), and turn it into what you want...heavy metal /80's disco/ or a classy Cheers club. Heavy on storyline/characters instead of only mechanics ( Fallout IV dlc's).

Suppose if you play as a corp, you could have some options on tampering with some stocks, some people on your payroll to do something and shit like that, but I'd rather not see this game turn into a Tycoon or gangster simulation game for the sake of having the options... It'll just go over the edge.

Last edited:
it's supposed to be an optional side activity. my idea came from assasin's creed where you put money in the bank and it takes intrest or sent assasins to,well, "dispose of non essential personal" to gain money and reasurces. not nessecery but anice addition for those who takes intrest in this sort of things, provided of course they are good and well executed cdpr style :)

I know I'm coming in late here, but I like this idea. it can be an after thought, that's fine. Fable is a game that gave you the option to buy property.

The way I see it is this. I'm 35 with a wife and kids and I want to play Cyberpunk 2077. I will as well, but I wont be able to sit down for hours on end without neglecting other aspects of my life I love.

This idea gives someone like me an option to go into the game and become a presence that could influence the world, even if it's subtle. Building a simple economy in the world can be achieved quicker than most think, and this idea doesn't need to ship, it could be DLC.

anyways, i love this idea and I hope it picks up some traction.

Fable is a game that gave you the option to buy property.
Currently CP2077 is a strictly single-player game, there are no multi-player elements.
This may, and will probably, change at some point in the future ... distant future, 5-10 years from now.

no , no management plz . It just wouldn't fit .

I know fable had that , but it get boring fast .

I would suggest maybe selling data we steal or hack to competitor . That would fit better with what we will be doing already . With consequences of course .

Personally I'll take as much content variation of gameplay that I can get SO LONG as it doesn't detract from main aspects of the game or force the player into tedious tasks. If something can be implemented qualitatively as an option and without sacrifice then I'm all for it.

Top Bottom