Rewards for AI or friend matches?

+
[Poll] Playing with Friend Eewards

Hey Everyone,

I am really impressed with this new iteration of Gwent. My only questions is if there is any plans to include a reward for playing with friends for the full release? I really want to get into a online TCG with my friends but every game out there never rewards a good match with my good ol' pals.

The staying power of this game could increase exponentially for me if I am able to progress with my decks while playing with friends. I understand that this is something that could easily be abused from a bot or the like. Even there was a minuscule reward or possibly a pay option to "purchase" the game and have unlocked rewards for friend matches.

I love the competitive aspects and deck growth of this game, but it is so much better to have the option of doing this with close friends. I understand that this might undermine the free to play format. Those are my two cents I hope someone sees this and might act on it. Thanks let me know if you have any questions.

The problem with rewards when playing with friends is that it's very easily exploitable... But indeed, right now it feels like something is missing. I played a few games with a friend and I decided to stop because I need more ore. Even if I did want to continue playing against him, I went back to casual matches.

Yeah I get that it could easily be abused. They could just put a cap on the friends game to like 20-10 a day and make it minuscule, that way boters get limited as well, but you still get something out of playing with friends.

Rewards for AI or friend matches?

I mainly prefer playing against AI, story or a friend. Will any of these modes get a reward system included for them? I know some of my friends only like playing friend matches and if that stiffles progression then I can already warn them off from this game.

Thanks for any answer.

It ain't gonna happen. I think I do not have to explain why... (so many cheaters in multi)

Of course story (separated single player mode) is different kind of thing.

Last edited:
There will be a single player mode introduced with a story/campaign style progression.
But it would most likely have separate progression and independent from online play.

Yeah, what arrow said. Rewards for matches with friends, oh gee, that won't get exploited at all. And a bit early to warn any one off. It's only beta and the things you want to see might just be added.

I feel that the statements above are made based on an assumption and without sufficient research. Of course there will always people looking for way to abuse a system, but if you look at Spellweaver then you can see there is a solid way to avoid it. There are so many ways to avoid systems getting abused and being oblivious to them shows lack of research.

Multiple games have systems that give quest that promotes and rewards playing matches with your friend, while others have a set limit a day/week of how often friend matches can be rewarded. All of these also apply a reduced reward value for friendly matches. This is simply to motivate people to play with friends without having them think "I want to play with my friend, but if I do I give up progression in the game".

Spellweaver has by far my favorite system in place for friend matches. It basically uses an algorithm based on how many actions, how you play, how long, and counter actions that calculate the total reward (which is also less then playing any other modes). This promotes friends playing with friends since so many card games avoid including 2vs2. And this is just friend matches. I'm very surprised that a CCG from 2016 does not include a reward system for playing against AI beyond story mode. There are so many that have found a way to make this possible so in my mind there is no excuse for not having it inn besides just simply not wanting it inn (which is fair, by all means).

Now to be clear, I don't expect my post to change the developers mind about this - usually when developers have decided to not reward friend matches, then they will stick with it no matter what. I have no illusion of this post changing their mind. I am mainly posting this to open the minds of the others who have posted here. There are so many games that found a way around people cheating the system to allow friendly matches. The posts above however do show the mentality of the developers and the community so I appreciate the answers so that I know this is an unlikely feature and therefore not a game for my friends and I, so thank you for that. The game is singularly focused on PvP players and that is a completely fair choice from the developers.

Thank you all for your answers and good luck in the world of Gwent to all of you =)

I understand that this can be abused. But i mostly enjoy playing the game with friends. I'm not a competitive player and just want to play casually. i fear that i would lose interest if no rewards for playing with friends are implemented.

Definitely can't be implemented. People would abuse it straight away. Friend fights are nice addition but they shouldn't have any rewards, in my opinion.

Friend Match Reward

Gwent is my favorite game to play at the moment. My friends share this thought. We are very competitive with one another, always boasting about whose deck will be the others. Its great we can play against each other, but the lack of any reward is disheartening. I understand this is to prevent players from intentionally gaining unearned rewards; to get their friends to lose on purpose. I'd be great to see some little reward be handed out, even a very small amount because I play more friends matches than anything and I struggle to progress in the game. Perhaps the game could detect fair friend matches and reward those one? Like say it the match took longer than 15 minutes, then 10 ore would be rewarded to the winner. Implementing this feature would probably make Gwent my most played game of the year, but right now, Gwent doesn't reward players for playing with their friends. Anyone else agree?

Not sure of any game, card game or otherwise, that rewards points for private matches. If there were a mode for Friends vs Ai/Players (like in a moba) then sure.

I think player should get 5 scraps for playing against AI as a reword for just "being with us and playing", if you want more cookies coming your way - play vs players. Also I have already stated else where that GG system better go bye bye and instead let THE GAME just reward both players for playing. Win or loose no matter, and give them 5 scraps just for playing.

New players inevitably will be playing against AI to learn without feel frustrated to rush, so I think do strongly that some, even a trifle, reward should be given to player playing vs AI. It encourages to play nonetheless.

Can you exploit it? Well if it's gonna be like 6/12/24 rounds limits, probably not much exploitation can be done :)

Also I see why not give reward 5 scraps for playing friend match as well, limit it to 6/12/24 reward or so per day, so that it would be up to you how you want to spend your time playing, weather vs friends, AI or players, obviously you will get more cookies for playing against players respectfully. So I do think game reward should pat on the had those who are playing/learning/just relaxing/fooling around against AI, those who do the same within a friend match and those who go
berserk player vs player - well for the last ones, its all covered up except of this GG thingy.

:cheers4:

Last edited:
I don't see why not. Just give no xp and only a random 5 ore or scraps per match. Obviously no reward for forfeit or disconnect either.

A simple program to check match data daily or something. It would become pretty obvious who was abusing the system. Flag them on a watch list. 2 times flag = BAN HAMMER!

I think meteorite powder could work as reward for winning AI matches, as it's purely cosmetic. Scraps - that will be botting central. Anyway, they probably don't want to drive playerbase away from online modes, so forget about it.

I just wish there would be more difficulties for AI practice, because so far you can make a deck which reliably defeats the AI only to find out it is completely useless against other players.

Also game needs stuff like "play x cards as y faction", to make reward system not to depend that much on winning rounds.

Last edited:
Adding that you can receive max 15-20 ores if you play with friend would be nice. It's not much and still gives you something as an incentive.

Top Bottom