Most frustrating matchmaking I ever met

+
Most frustrating matchmaking I ever met

I don't even know were to start.
Well, I played my first 10-15 matches and everything was fine. The enemies had only default cards and everything was completely fair - 60/40 win/loose rate.

But since I reached lv 3 I already lost more than 15 matches in a row now. It is absolutely impossible to compete against custom decks with a strategy. The hell, I could only buy a few low cards and got average ones from packs. But the biggest problem is that this created a loop. I can't win -> can't get cards -> can't optimize my deck -> Can't win. Just SERIOUSLY? Who the hell developed the matchmaking system that it puts me with default cards and an terrible win/loose rate against players with decks which cost multiple thousands?

I played a lot of alphas and betas of any kind of games but never had such an awful and frustrating experience in a game ever. People are telling others to learn the cards and try out different strategies. Well, I did and even analyzed most matches afterwards. It was simply impossible to do anything in nearly all cases. How can I develop a strategy if I can't even build an average low cost deck.

Project Red tells everywhere that people should await their key and they give it out slowly so the players can enjoy the gameplay and have a good experience. Let me tell you that the way how you do it they can not enjoy it at all. How about inviting more people and creating a bigger player pool so that this broken matchmaking could work a bit better? Oh and I also read a lot of times that you have to make 30 matches until it get's more fair and the matchmaking starts to work. Well, I can't recognize here something at all because it still mixes me with players who have legendaries and awesome cards no matter what.

Than again there are the fanboys who are complaining that people are hurting the game by telling others it's pay2win and it's a lie. Well, how the hell should a player escape from the loosing streak loop without spending money? Everyone who already could collect a few cards maybe can compete against cash shop players but a new player with such a broken matchmaking has no chance at all. The game is the problem and not players beginning at the matchmaking going over to the reward system and ending at the cash shop. Just a whole mess and a big disappointment

There has to be changed something FAST because a casual player who made such an experience would never touch this game again, no matter if alpha, beta or final version.

You know, I think that CDPR is absolutely aware of all of this and is running the current setup to get reliable data about what happens in the current situation.

We are their guinea piggies. :)

It is tough at the start, the matchmaking systems always take time to calibrate right and it will most likely be improved as the beta goes on, I'm lvl 28 and can't even remember the last time I've faced with someone playing default or "f2p" decks, so it's at least somewhat working already.

I also stalled a bit at level 3/4ish. For me, I didn't want to mill 2 or 3 of the decks to build up 1 of them (I like playing them all!), which I realize people do; hence, they have great cards early. Between scraps and GG bonuses (I always send them), I have been progressing, but it does require patience. And, of course, the game, itself, is a work in progress anyway.

Mixthat;n6881790 said:
I don't even know were to start.
Well, I played my first 10-15 matches and everything was fine. The enemies had only default cards and everything was completely fair - 60/40 win/loose rate.

But since I reached lv 3 I already lost more than 15 matches in a row now. It is absolutely impossible to compete against custom decks with a strategy. The hell, I could only buy a few low cards and got average ones from packs. But the biggest problem is that this created a loop. I can't win -> can't get cards -> can't optimize my deck -> Can't win. Just SERIOUSLY? Who the hell developed the matchmaking system that it puts me with default cards and an terrible win/loose rate against players with decks which cost multiple thousands?

I played a lot of alphas and betas of any kind of games but never had such an awful and frustrating experience in a game ever. People are telling others to learn the cards and try out different strategies. Well, I did and even analyzed most matches afterwards. It was simply impossible to do anything in nearly all cases. How can I develop a strategy if I can't even build an average low cost deck.

Project Red tells everywhere that people should await their key and they give it out slowly so the players can enjoy the gameplay and have a good experience. Let me tell you that the way how you do it they can not enjoy it at all. How about inviting more people and creating a bigger player pool so that this broken matchmaking could work a bit better? Oh and I also read a lot of times that you have to make 30 matches until it get's more fair and the matchmaking starts to work. Well, I can't recognize here something at all because it still mixes me with players who have legendaries and awesome cards no matter what.

Than again there are the fanboys who are complaining that people are hurting the game by telling others it's pay2win and it's a lie. Well, how the hell should a player escape from the loosing streak loop without spending money? Everyone who already could collect a few cards maybe can compete against cash shop players but a new player with such a broken matchmaking has no chance at all. The game is the problem and not players beginning at the matchmaking going over to the reward system and ending at the cash shop. Just a whole mess and a big disappointment

There has to be changed something FAST because a casual player who made such an experience would never touch this game again, no matter if alpha, beta or final version.

I'm sorry that you've had a bad experience, but this will improve over time and its something we are looking into.

The game has just started and is still in Closed Beta, expecting perfect matchmaking after only a handful of games is unrealistic and not how such systems work. The MMR hasn't stabalized yet and finding a perfect match isn't as likely as you may think. As more people are invited the experience should improve.

Top Bottom