Really annoying when someone forfeits

+
Really annoying when someone forfeits

I find it really annoying when you are playing a good game and just a few cards before the end of the last round the other person forfeits because they are likely to lose. It kind of ruins the whole satisfaction from a good game win at the end.
What are your thoughts on players that forfeit instead of just passing and letting the game finish fully even if they are to lose?

I say end it when you know its over, move on to the next good game. I do agree its a bit a rude if there are only 1--2 cards left, might as well wait at that point and get the GG but it doesn't really hurt my feelings when people rage. When you have that perfect card waiting to play last and they leave just before it is a bit of let down, maybe next game :D

I still give good games just about every time.

Give them a break please OP because you have won anyway. People forfeit early because some players just want to show off their cards even after the opponent has passed and conceded. Those annoying people will never get GG.

Why would someone drag a match out for your own satisfaction? If I see I'm in a no-win situation I bounce out immediately. I got more games to play, not going to stick around so you can oogle your big numbers.

I have absolutely no problem when opponent concedes and I usually concede when I can't win. Why loosing time with game you already lost.

I also have no problem with people playing all their cards after I passed, I only pass without concede if I'm interested what opponent has in hand, so I prefer if he plays all cards. And sometimes I play all cards after pass, I did not see anything rude in this, if you don't want see my hand, there is concede button.

Last edited:
ThreePi;n7241800 said:
Why would someone drag a match out for your own satisfaction? If I see I'm in a no-win situation I bounce out immediately. I got more games to play, not going to stick around so you can oogle your big numbers.

I would understand your point if we were talking 1min+ wasted, but its a matter of 10-15 seconds, to play out the match; its as if a hockey/football/etc. game was 10-0 and the other team just decided, screw it, we lost anyway so lets just walk off the field before the end of the match.

Why not just pass, and let the match finish 5 seconds later with a complete result?

I admit at first I didn't like it at all either, but now appreciate it when it's done after an earnest effort. I now only really find forfeits annoying when they're in the 1st round. If they quit in the final round cause they know the jig is up, then fine. Personally I don't really care to sit there and watch someone cheese out several more cards when we both know they've won either. Had a few people think that resurrecting special card swap cards when they're like 50 points up and I'm out of cards was normal, or anything other than being a jerk. After enduring that a few times, I changed my tune right quick about forfeitings.

If you know they're out of cards and your victory assured you should probably close the match since they've done you the courtesy of showing you everything in their hand worth seeing. Especially if you've got half a dozen cards left. There is a difference between winning and rubbing someones nose in it.

I understand those that forfeit round 3 when they know it's over. I still wish they would pass first and only forfeit if/when the opponent tries to continue playing after the win; but I understand why they are forfeiting even if I can't agree with it.

me i don't mind if someone forfeits as long as they at least send a good game. the only thing that really annoys me is the changing the game rules / card details. for me the original gwent from the hunt was perfect then they added minor changes with this versions then the change and ruin the skel rez deck and now they ruined the buff and promote for northern. i mean changing the cards is fine but do it something like magic the gathering did and have it be like the second year card and keep the original cards and if you are going to do a tournament have it only be allowed to use the current generation of the cards.

Last edited:
When I see I can't win anymore, I do my opponent the courtesy of passing. I expect my opponent to do me the courtesy of doing the same and we can both GG and move on to the next game.
If you instead decide to rub it in, I forfeit and won't GG. Don't waste other people's time by being rude and selfish.

Lantea;n7241570 said:
I find it really annoying when you are playing a good game and just a few cards before the end of the last round the other person forfeits because they are likely to lose. It kind of ruins the whole satisfaction from a good game win at the end.
What are your thoughts on players that forfeit instead of just passing and letting the game finish fully even if they are to lose?

Finish fully? Like players that keep playing cards after passing? Thats not GG worthy for me and its stupid and time wasting. The match is considered over when someone passes with less points. They lost. You got nothing to gain from playing other cards.
I get these kind of people all the time sadly, kinda sad how some people care about the strength output more than about ending the damn match in a timely fashion.
Also, forfeit and passing are the same thing, one just reduces the trolling factor of having someone play more cards.

Lantea;n7241870 said:
I would understand your point if we were talking 1min+ wasted, but its a matter of 10-15 seconds, to play out the match; its as if a hockey/football/etc. game was 10-0 and the other team just decided, screw it, we lost anyway so lets just walk off the field before the end of the match.

Why not just pass, and let the match finish 5 seconds later with a complete result?

Complete result? There is no bonus for getting more strength out, so why keep wasting someones time? And dont compare an online card game with a an sport.

Ok, try this, you are playing Gwent IRL with someone, they say they pass at the last round and lost. Would you still keep playing then too?

Lantea;n7241570 said:

Well I usually forfeit for 99% of my defeat, it has become a reflex, as soon as I consider that I can no longer win, or when my opponent has played Margarita/Hawker support, I automatically forfeit, send GG, start a new game.

gnarbrag;n7243220 said:
When I see I can't win anymore, I do my opponent the courtesy of passing. I expect my opponent to do me the courtesy of doing the same and we can both GG and move on to the next game.
If you instead decide to rub it in, I forfeit and won't GG. Don't waste other people's time by being rude and selfish.

Yeah, I agree with that, pass and end the game, instead of forfeit; unless as you said they waste your time after a pass.

DirkAustin;n7243440 said:
Finish fully? Like players that keep playing cards after passing? Thats not GG worthy for me and its stupid and time wasting. The match is considered over when someone passes with less points. They lost. You got nothing to gain from playing other cards.
I get these kind of people all the time sadly, kinda sad how some people care about the strength output more than about ending the damn match in a timely fashion.
Also, forfeit and passing are the same thing, one just reduces the trolling factor of having someone play more cards.

No, not like playing all the cards, just passing and letting the game end, instead of ending it abruptly by forfeit.
By that I mean when someone passes and you clearly won, you pass as well, I never meant that by not forfeiting you don’t pass and waste time by playing your remaining cards, if someone does that forfeit all you want; even if personally I don’t mind when someone does that to me because as Isi23_23 mentioned above its sometimes good to see what they had.

I have to disagree with you on that passing and forfeit are the same thing, they are not; and in most games I played where the other person used forfeit instead of pass, it was mostly a rage quit with no GG, because I played something that wrecked their round; this happened several times in round 1 which is just stupid.
My view on this is that it’s more courteous to pass and end the game properly instead of an abrupt forfeit. Of course there are exceptions when the other person is trolling and wasting your time, then forfeit is fine.

DirkAustin;n7243670 said:
Complete result? There is no bonus for getting more strength out, so why keep wasting someones time? And dont compare an online card game with a an sport.

Ok, try this, you are playing Gwent IRL with someone, they say they pass at the last round and lost. Would you still keep playing then too?

I never said keep playing after the opponent gives up and passes, when they pass you clearly won and you should pass as well and end the game.
What I meant is that I don’t like when people just flat out forfeit out of nowhere without passing first.

Isi23_23;n7241850 said:
I have absolutely no problem when opponent concedes and I usually concede when I can't win. Why loosing time with game you already lost.

I also have no problem with people playing all their cards after I passed, I only pass without concede if I'm interested what opponent has in hand, so I prefer if he plays all cards. And sometimes I play all cards after pass, I did not see anything rude in this, if you don't want see my hand, there is concede button.

I haven't considered this point of view, but when I see the match is over I'm gonna pass and I expect the other player to pass too, which I will then consider as good manners, regardless of the current score. If players simply have to keep on going, I'll forfeit and forgo any GG considerations for said player. I'd say most players I faces are on the same line of thinking and things typically end amicably.
Few times I had played an extra card or to, but that was mostly due to lack of concentration when I failed to realize the game was obviously over. Now and again I chose to play that extra card because I just couldn't be bothered figuring out the math by heart lol

Top Bottom