Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
I gg every match i play win or lose, but some ppl don't GG when they lose, its just salt. Some dudes out there don't have sportmanship.

eddywang;n7915110 said:
I gg every match i play win or lose, but some ppl don't GG when they lose, its just salt. Some dudes out there don't have sportmanship.
Wait... do they have to? As for sportsmanship... if you stall every turn, abuse bugs and glitches, waste my time, etc. do you still talk about sportsmanship? and expect GG?

HenryGrosmont;n7915170 said:
Wait... do they have to? As for sportsmanship... if you stall every turn, abuse bugs and glitches, waste my time, etc. do you still talk about sportsmanship? and expect GG?

That's exactly the point of sportmanship, i don't expect GG, i just GG, sometimes they GG back sometimes they don't, mostly when ppl lose, they're salty so they don't GG.

I had some battles of my lifes in CCG ever in gwent sometimes i just don't have time to record, sometimes its overwhelming wins, and sometimes its overwhelming loses, in the end its just a game.

Last Thursday there were two games where i had to abandon my PC to attend my bosses, and i lost the two games by losing cards, so i played 2 cards and each round and passed and gave them GG, and they GG back because they understood the situation, there was even one of those where by the time i returned the match was already over, so i GG my opponent so they could gain something for waiting so long, that's sportmanship even if i dunno if he GGd for making him wait.

Sportmanship is supposed to be a good will, you're not obligated to do it if you don't want, no every people that plays gwent wants to see the world burn.

eddywang;n7915430 said:
Sportmanship is supposed to be a good will, you're not obligated to do it if you don't want, no every people that plays gwent wants to see the world burn.
Absolutely. But my point was that it requires two parties to dance, doesn't it? Hence, if you act like a douche, do not think you'll get a pat on the back for that.

HenryGrosmont;n7915460 said:
Absolutely. But my point was that it requires two parties to dance, doesn't it? Hence, if you act like a douche, do not think you'll get a pat on the back for that.

Amen to this !

When the opponent has a big point advantage in the last round, in which I have already passed, yet he keeps playing... Or when 7 out of 10 games are against the same formulaic Monster decks, these games just feel like a chore to me.

here we go again with the salted tears and participation trophy seekers.......................................................................................

Oh - I do not for sure GG players who are on the lose by the lack of cards and try to force a forfeit by let run out the timer - while I have still 3 cards left. Just saying - ( had this in the last 15 minutes twice- let run out- wait til my move, then passed. So they were on the PC/Console)
I have the patience to let run out the time always !
Hopefully the devs are doing something against such a behavior

I'm probably a little harsh on not giving GG. Somtimes I'm probably a little salty, as I do usually give GG if I win, but I do have some criteria for not.

1) If you overplay when you've won.
2) If you play a deck that you obviously just took off the internet. Sure, if you make some alterations that's fine, but if it's clearly the exact same deck I've seen a thousand times I've no interest in playing it. This usually means Consume or Dagon decks these days.
3) If you play some broken stupid card last to get a free win. This is where the salt comes in, it's mostly weather these days (I don't feel like any card should be a free win as the last card if you've managed to get card advantage). It used to be I wouldn't GG if you've used Commander's Horn but I'm not too annoyed about that since the change.

I don't even think about GGing anymore; it's become reflex to just click the button at the end of the match.

The only times I consciously force myself not to GG is after playing against:

1 - those jerks who sit there and slowly play the rest of their cards after I've passed and their victory is already guaranteed.
2 - opponents who go AFK in the middle of the round and force me to either forfeit the match, or wait for the timer.
3 - the dreaded Dagon weather spam deck.

HenryGrosmont;n7919290 said:
Ok, what? You say that winning wasn't enough and you want the losing side to pay a homage? Lmao...

quiet frankly when you lose you lose so horribly to a lucky move or just pure luck that the losing side wanna get out of that match and start another. loss in this game feels the worst becasue it's not 100% skill based.
when i lose not only i don't give GG i give a middle finger to the GG i got from the winner becasue i knew he didn't deserve it. also when i win depending on how i won i sometimes don't give GG if the guy forfeited or he is 10 lvl lower than me but has better cards indicating he was wallet warrior.

Ruthless95;n7919340 said:
quiet frankly when you lose you lose so horribly to a lucky move or just pure luck that the losing side wanna get out of that match and start another. loss in this game feels the worst becasue it's not 100% skill based.
when i lose not only i don't give GG i give a middle finger to the GG i got from the winner becasue i knew he didn't deserve it. also when i win depending on how i won i sometimes don't give GG if the guy forfeited or he is 10 lvl lower than me but has better cards indicating he was wallet warrior.
Now you're definitely trolling.Good one...

I really like the GG system! I usually do it unless my opponent clearly won and keeps playing cards after I already passed in the last round cause that's just rubbing it in. But getting the opportunity to tell my opponent I liked the game is pretty nice. It feels like a little bit of respect as well.

scraps for gg

Please do away with this idea. This idea imo is just plain terrible, i dont even get the point of it, either give it or dont. There are plenty more ways to reward players with scraps than this idea. Most of the time people dont even realize you can do it and just move on. Like, scraps for 2 or 4 games played in a row would be better than this method. I agree you do have to offer something for games lost or this game just turns into a p2w runaway train.

I don't GG because I don't like the system and don't want to support it. I would gladly welcome a "mute" option for the GG even if it means I opt out of ever getting GG scraps. I don't think it encourages the good behavior its suppose to. in face I feel it does the opposite with some people being upset because they feel the other is person is obligated to give them a reward, or others who get angry when they've lost severely and the other guy GG's out of pity. I don't care if I get flagged as a non GGer as the OP suggested. It wouldn't hurt my feelings in the slightest. Nor would I miss those scraps and ore I'd be denying myself.

Top Bottom