Please nerf weather cards or Dagon

+
Please nerf weather cards or Dagon

CD Projekt, please nerf all weather cards or Dagon power. It is not possible, that weather card reduce power of all cards in a row to only 1 power! How can we play against monsters when they are resistant against weather? Just think about it. Monsters can use Dagon, Biting frost, Rain, Fog, Water hag, Woodland spirit, Caranthir, Aeromancy, Merigolds hailstorm, Ragh Nar Roog (which is very noob cards and permanently win), Skellige Storm and White Frost. It is too many cards with weather effect. If someone use 3 weather cards in each round it is impossible to win. If someone who wants to play with Dagon has the same reduction like me or only half. Now, when i see that I play against Dagon i leave game, because I dont have nerves to see noobs using stupid many and many weather cards. Weather card limit to 3 will be the best solution. Sorry for my english and please think about it guys...

Edit: or if you dont want to do something with weather cards, look at custom-gwent.com and add to the game cards Herman the mad or Yennefer: protect barrier. This cards will be very useful.

Last edited:
I think weather is okay as it is, and with Quen you get another oportunity to protect your cards. Usually 1 or 2 weather cards are enough for the games at my level, I am not sure about high end decks.

I dont think that advices is solution. If player is not stupid he can use weather cards all the time if he has them. Look, quen protect only the same units and Keira maybe whole row but he can use another card which destroy shields and another card with weather. This is definition of insanity. Permanently shield is the solution against weather. And the worst think? Using weather card as last card of the game.

Monsters have very little to gain card advantage so most of the time they don't get to play last. Every fraction can easily destroy weather, NR Gold spam/SK weather and ST in general

I like that thread - because I hate weather ^^. It's just a boring game mechanic. I think limiting weather two 3 cards per deck would be a good idea because there are just too many cards that spawn weather with all the silver weather cards around (+ normal weather cards, + units that spawn weather + blablabla). Still, weather is not the strongest deck so if you wanna play a weather deck, you need a lot of them to win, which ends in the same weather spamming over and over again. Yeah, monsters would need a rework when weather gets nerfed but I think that would be fine.

Perhaps: limit the amount of weather cards per deck but make it stronger. Like, no more silver cards that spawn weather on two rows so you only have normal bronze weather cards, dagon and the units but give some monster units a buff when they are hit by weather. The buff lasts even if the weather is cleared. Sth like that to make weather more interesting. Or if a row is already hit by weather and you buff your units afterwards, a second weather effect should not be possible on this row if it hadn't been cleared first.

First of all the amount of card value used to spawn weather effects is greater then their removal. Meanwhile there are countless ways to circumvent weather let it be using gold cards, avoiding weather rows, using dimeritium effects, removing the weather altogether or turning weather against enemy with a well-placed Aard.

Considering everything in the pot, weather is the most balanced of mechanics in the game.

Ugralitan;n7505080 said:
First of all the amount of card value used to spawn weather effects is greater then their removal. Meanwhile there are countless ways to circumvent weather let it be using gold cards, avoiding weather rows, using dimeritium effects, removing the weather altogether or turning weather against enemy with a well-placed Aard.

Considering everything in the pot, weather is the most balanced of mechanics in the game.

Which does not mean it is a good mechanic.

ST has can play first light up to 6 times and most of their units are flexible. Skellige has many weather immune cards. NR can easily promote plus there are cards like Keira Metz that can protect a whole row from weather once.

Also Quen protects against weather once. Shackles can also undo a weather effect. Aard is also a pretty hard counter against weathee.

There are many ways to deal with weather. Nerfing the weakest faction isn't the solution here.
Monsters definitely need some love right now.

devivre;n7505470 said:
ST has can play first light up to 6 times and most of their units are flexible. Skellige has many weather immune cards. NR can easily promote plus there are cards like Keira Metz that can protect a whole row from weather once.

Also Quen protects against weather once. Shackles can also undo a weather effect. Aard is also a pretty hard counter against weathee.

There are many ways to deal with weather. Nerfing the weakest faction isn't the solution here.
Monsters definitely need some love right now.

Which still makes it boring. You listed a lot of options to counter weather. In most cases this just leads to : more weather. Like tossing stones back and forth. It's weatherspam after weatherspam. Is it OP? No. Is it strong? Not that much. Is it boring? Hell yeah. It's the same as PFI. Is it OP? No. Is it strong ? Not that much. Is it boring ? hell yeah. It's the same moves all over again.

In my opinion weather needs to be changed, not nerfed, changed or taken out of the game. Monsters need something more interesting. Perhaps make breeder or absorber decks synergize with weather but therefore limit the amounts of weather cards that can be played per match so that the boring "only spam weather" decks are taken out of the game.

Koaalar.424;n7505680 said:
Which still makes it boring. You listed a lot of options to counter weather. In most cases this just leads to : more weather. Like tossing stones back and forth.

Not really... I'm rarely experiencing a good weather spam.

Koaalar.424;n7505680 said:
Which still makes it boring. You listed a lot of options to counter weather. In most cases this just leads to : more weather. Like tossing stones back and forth. It's weatherspam after weatherspam. Is it OP? No. Is it strong? Not that much. Is it boring? Hell yeah. It's the same as PFI. Is it OP? No. Is it strong ? Not that much. Is it boring ? hell yeah. It's the same moves all over again.

In my opinion weather needs to be changed, not nerfed, changed or taken out of the game. Monsters need something more interesting. Perhaps make breeder or absorber decks synergize with weather but therefore limit the amounts of weather cards that can be played per match so that the boring "only spam weather" decks are taken out of the game.

Change an already balanced and working mechanic? I know it might seem boring but actually weather decks are quite fun. For example, I take more pleasure in fighting with my Eredin-weather deck against a Dagon-weather deck instead let us say...cookie-cutter NR/ST decks on the block. Because weather actually requires more forethought due to its fickle nature.

Ugralitan;n7505980 said:
Change an already balanced and working mechanic? I know it might seem boring but actually weather decks are quite fun. For example, I take more pleasure in fighting with my Eredin-weather deck against a Dagon-weather deck instead let us say...cookie-cutter NR/ST decks on the block. Because weather actually requires more forethought due to its fickle nature.

if it isn't fun, yeah, why not. And all the complains about it indicate that there are quite some ppl that don't think it's fun ;D

Just found out you can search for keywords in the title only ._.
Maybe it should be more clear for everyone so that people that search for stuff like that (which they hopefully do :D) stop posting redundant threads.
Anyways like @4RM3D already mentionend in some other threads weather as a mechanic needs some sort of rework in that regard that right now its two extremes, either you win with massive lead or your lose because either your enemy removes it after you passed or abuses it (with cards like aard).
Nerfing it even more is not the solution and makes Monster decks even more stale than they are currently.

Seriously, what's all the fuss about weather lately...

I understand that, at low level with starter deck, it's hard to counter monster weather, but after that, it's a very weak deck that get demolished by almost every medium deck easily. maybe the player still complaining about weather should try to play it and see how they loose to learn what to do against it...

like other pple say, monster is already the weakest faction they dont deserve another nerf.

Strollin;n7506700 said:
Anyways like @4RM3D already mentionend in some other threads weather as a mechanic needs some sort of rework in that regard that right now its two extremes, either you win with massive lead or your lose because either your enemy removes it after you passed or abuses it (with cards like aard).
Nerfing it even more is not the solution and makes Monster decks even more stale than they are currently.

Yup. It was this post, btw.

Top Bottom