Suggestions/Feedback on Reward System and Monsters

+
Suggestions/Feedback on Reward System and Monsters

Hello everyone. I wanted to share some thoughts regarding the Reward System of the game and the latest patch notes about Monsters.

►Reward System:

Some (even many) people have said that the reward system of the game is pretty generous but it doesn't feel so generous to me. Take into account that i do consider the fact that this is CBT, very early stage and many things are under consideration and may change.

I spend time starring at the top right of my screen every time after a match, hoping for some ores to be added. There have been cases were i had 3-5 matches in a row looking at my ores unchanged (yes, winning streak). It seems that the only implemented reward system (besides the GG function) is the leveling milestones, which are more and more rare the more you level up.

I suggest for the system to change so the GG should reward 5 ores, 5 scrap on loss. Why? I have mention this but we need to look deep into the CCG genre to understand that there is a huge gap between those who pay and can get all (or most) cards on day one, and those who just cannot afford a ton of money to get them all and be competitive as the others.

This issue is resolved only by time. The game's balance is on...the balance. It's all about time investment. As is now, time investment does not close the gap, not soon enough to not get too frustrated from the constant defeats from better decks. Not better players, just better decks.

Having said that, i already know about the abuse issue of the GG function and it has been addressed. If the GG function still doesn't feel efficient, an alternative way should be found that would take into consideration all the variety of players.

I haven't been playing the game for as long as others, so if i am missing something let me know.

►Monsters OP Deck:

I watched both Merchant and KingBlackToof explaining the Hotfix patch notes. I read the patch notes, yet i do not see the Monster deck being nerf. Do you know which kind of the Monster deck got nerfed a bit? The low level one.

There are two cards, in the "advanced" deck in higher levels are using, that seem way too OP to me:
-Woodland Spirit
-Caranthir
Obviously these are used on the Monster Weather Deck. Both spawn Weather effect AND cards! They are gold thankfully...even so they do more than any others Faction Gold and Neutral. That's my understanding at least. Combining their double function with the synergy of the deck and the dmg to the opponent.

Again, i am not an expert, perhaps i am mistaken somewhere, but i know i can counter somewhat the low level Monsters, not the Weather deck though. Weirdly enough btw. after the patch i haven't seen any decrease in Monsters, quite the opposite actually, so weird.

As a footnote, i have faith in CDPR. HF peeps

PinkFloyd76;n7843700 said:
Obviously these are used on the Monster Weather Deck. Both spawn Weather effect AND cards! They are gold thankfully...even so they do more than any others Faction Gold and Neutral. That's my understanding at least. Combining their double function with the synergy of the deck and the dmg to the opponent.
Ive got to level 44 with pretty much exclusively Wild Hunt weather control. You are right, Caranthir and Leshen are powerfull, but i woudlnt call them OP. They are however really good, so nerf to Caranthir in Nilfgaard patch wasnt surprising. And the deck got nefed, quite severely to be fair, in last hotfix. Silver weather cards were pretty much rendered obsolete, crippled versions of aeromancy. I dont quite see the deck being competeteive at ranks 12+ any more.You probably will still see it alot in lower tiers, thats for sure. You can make a fairly punishing weather monsters in what, 600 scraps? Nerf struck high tier, polished weather decks. Starters didnt have scraps for those cards anyway. I anticipate Caranthir at least to become legendary when we enter open beta. It wont however fix the current state of low tiers.
As for decrease in monsters - you will have to climb quite a bit to see that, it will also take some time for people to switch, that is, if they can. I for one currently trying to make a Ciri dash+ Letho work.

5 ore on winning and 5 scraps on losing? Why do you want to punish winning so much?
You may not believe it but 5 scraps are much more valuable than 5 ores, especially if you pretty much all the commons and rares (milling a 1 rare - 4 common keg nets you 30 scraps).
The progression system is fine as it is, as a player that played many other ccgs i'd say this is one of the best ones. Don't expect to get more, and be grateful if they keep it as it is.

There have been cases were i had 3-5 matches in a row looking at my ores unchanged (yes, winning streak). It seems that the only implemented reward system (besides the GG function) is the leveling milestones, which are more and more rare the more you level up.

The daily rewards are part of the reward system. You not only get rewards every day when completing the 6/12/24 won rounds, but you also get cards, scraps, and orens as mid-tier bonuses.

I spend time starring at the top right of my screen every time after a match, hoping for some ores to be added. There have been cases were i had 3-5 matches in a row looking at my ores unchanged (yes, winning streak). It seems that the only implemented reward system (besides the GG function) is the leveling milestones, which are more and more rare the more you level up.

what...? you get rewards every two rounds won, those can either be gold, scraps or random cards (i once got coral [legendary] from them)
then, at the end of each reward track, you get a sum of gold. 100 for the first (6 rounds), 75 for the second (12 rounds) and 50 for the third (24, not really worth doing...)

isnadtochiev;n7844080 said:
You probably will still see it alot in lower tiers

Perhaps i did rushed, it was only day 2 after the hotfix patch. Nevertheless i got 19/20 Monster decks (i actually do not exaggerate), more than what i encountered prior to to patch. It was just coincidence i guess.

DMaster2;n7844870 said:
The progression system is fine as it is

Hi. As far as i know, most Code of Conducts do not include something like, "Your views and suggestions might be wrong, do not share them with anyone!". I already mentioned i am not as old at others at this. I also am not as experienced or intelligent as others, at the same time i have played a lot of CCG's and i know -for example- in ES:L i get rewarded pretty much always. And it's only id the daily decks that i won't get rewarded from these. Wins will always provide gold.

On top of that, Solo Arena provides very hefty rewards actually. Why it is important? Because of the genre. You want to be able to have the chance to catch up by not getting frustrated match after match from netdecking etc.

I think, many F2P players take these things into account. I enjoy matches that the other player is at my level, i don't mind loosing at all, i only want a fair chance and i do not feel the reward system, as is atm, gives one to the f2p player.

Nevertheless, i don't have the data, while in some other games i can search and get for them, i only say how it feels to me and by my experience to other CCG's.

RickMelethron;n7846360 said:
those can either be gold, scraps or random cards

And you actually feel RNG rewards are better? I guess it is debatable, it doesn't feel ok to me then. Because, even as an avg. gamer, after awhile while you learn the game, you know what you want. "I need scraps to craft this, not something random".

Anyway, i have said it more than once, i made my arguments. If my arguments were unreasonable and i didn't saw it, mea culpa.

If, some ppl. think in this early stage the game has a lot of room for improvement and it is far from being perfect, then we can share thoughts/ideas, discuss and help on it's improvement.

GL

PinkFloyd76;n7851840 said:
Hi. As far as i know, most Code of Conducts do not include something like, "Your views and suggestions might be wrong, do not share them with anyone!". I already mentioned i am not as old at others at this. I also am not as experienced or intelligent as others, at the same time i have played a lot of CCG's and i know -for example- in ES:L i get rewarded pretty much always. And it's only id the daily decks that i won't get rewarded from these. Wins will always provide gold.

On top of that, Solo Arena provides very hefty rewards actually. Why it is important? Because of the genre. You want to be able to have the chance to catch up by not getting frustrated match after match from netdecking etc.

I think, many F2P players take these things into account. I enjoy matches that the other player is at my level, i don't mind loosing at all, i only want a fair chance and i do not feel the reward system, as is atm, gives one to the f2p player.

Nevertheless, i don't have the data, while in some other games i can search and get for them, i only say how it feels to me and by my experience to other CCG's.
You are free to post your opinion of course (and i'm free to disagree with it XD). As for the progression, isn't a game that nets you rewards for both winning and losing better than a game that reward only winning? Until tier 3 each win gives you a mid tier reward (since you get mid tier rewards every 2 round wins). At tier 3 it slows down a bit but keep in mind that if you reach tier 3 it means you gained 100 ores for tier 1 goal, 75 ores for tier 2 goal along with all the mid-tier rewards (15 ores/15 scraps/random card) AND all the gg your opponent gave you (either 5 scraps or 5 ores). Seems plenty of stuff to me.

PinkFloyd76;n7851840 said:
And you actually feel RNG rewards are better? I guess it is debatable, it doesn't feel ok to me then. Because, even as an avg. gamer, after awhile while you learn the game, you know what you want. "I need scraps to craft this, not something random".

gold turns into cards from buying packs, cards turn into scraps as well... so in the end, it all turns out to be the same.

Top Bottom