Stop this massacre on the Monster deck

+
Stop this massacre on the Monster deck

this is impossible all time you make a patch to fix something the monster deck become more and more a chore to play and a really pain in the ass... i can get you have to decide the balance but for my humble opinion wile the rest of deck get little of change the monster get nerfed hard...
1. the passive... keeping the last played card sound good on paper but all know it so they can debuff as hell the last card you play and you can't do nothing to stop the other passive of the enemy team couse for them no big deal... for me the monster for passive should chose witch card keep so at last it coud be really fair
2. the only "good" hero for monster is dagon and for the rally skill... eredin silver is useless couse with a thunder become 4 str and the Ge'els is too situational... please make eredin gold again so at last you have to use the dimeritium shackles and a thunder to nerf him...
3, all decks should have 3 playstile but... "wild hunt" have to few cards to be effective, the "weather" is killed and the consume is trow in the garbage.
i coud list for hours the problem with the monster deck but you like too mutch the others and just nerf only one...

killed86;n7846620 said:
this is impossible all time you make a patch to fix something the monster deck become more and more a chore to play and a really pain in the ass... i can get you have to decide the balance but for my humble opinion wile the rest of deck get little of change the monster get nerfed hard...
Well, Wild Hunt was my main deck since i joined the CBT.
On passive - sorry, but you're wrong here. Change was much needed, it removed the completely unnececery RNG effect and finnaly allowed to avoid those "you keep foglet... sorry mate" moments. And there is nothing wrong with your opponent being able to play around it.
On leader - yes, it appears that dagon is the only monster leader i encounter, calling Eredin useless however is simply unfair. Even before Nilfgaard introduction and the end of "Aard terror" Eredin was fairly viable. Got me to rank 11 at least. Could probably climb higher, but grinding gets really boring, and Wild Hunt isnt the most fun deck to play (escpecially when every 3rd game you get deleted from the board by Aard in your own white frost). Its a really tough call to balance a leader. Hes not as powerfull as Morvan, Broover or Radovid (also the latter is only so good because Yen:Conjurer is so popular), but he is reliable, and after monster passive change - more viable. Ge'els is indeed incredibly underwhelming, and considering how popular Igni is on higher ranks - pretty much a no-go.
On playstyles - yeah, we all want variety, cant agree more. But lets face it, it simply isnt there. NR only have Radovid control, Skellige - discard only. ST? Dwarves only. Well, that is if were talking about comptetetive play. Harder to say with Nilfgaard, to many changes to recent, and i havent played them much before. Lack of viable archtypes is not a monsters-only trouble. I myself would gladly play a non-weather Wild Hunt, but it simply doesnt work. Monsters dont have buffing units to push for power, or extreme deck thinning to make a combo oriented deck. Neither does it have much in terms of combo potential. Pretty much the only "interesting" card for WH is Nithral, and considering that you want to play riders in round 1, its hard to get insane value out of the man even if hes not removed. Then again, Monsters arent really in position to complain. Untill the hotfix Monsters had 2 archtypes that could compete in highest tier. Basicly, if you want to win - lets say im kind of stuck at around 3.3k MMR ATM, and i dont see my Eredin deck going further than 3500-3600. So id suggest trying consume.

Mombamambo;n7847000 said:
I know it must feel strange to work for your wins, instead of weather spamming/instant vran+nekker combos but such is the premise of a balanced game. There was a reason everyone and their mother played monster before the patch.

You're too hard on OP. While his point on passive is... questionable, hes is kind of right on leaders, definetly on Ge'els at least. And i dont think you would argue with the fact that both weather control and consume archtypes for monsters are really dull to play.

killed86;n7846620 said:
1. the passive... keeping the last played card sound good on paper but all know it so they can debuff as hell the last card you play and you can't do nothing to stop the other passive of the enemy team couse for them no big deal... for me the monster for passive should chose witch card keep so at last it coud be really fair
Lol are you serious man? That would be the most broken passive in the game. Maybe you should understand that countering your strategy is a valid plan. They debuffed your unit? Play another, problem solved.

Maybe because people got sick of versing monster weather decks 80% of the time.

That should clearly tell you that its broken and OP. Not to mention boring to verse.

Mombamambo;n7847000 said:
I know it must feel strange to work for your wins, instead of weather spamming/instant vran+nekker combos but such is the premise of a balanced game. There was a reason everyone and their mother played monster before the patch.

LOL

isnadtochiev;n7847290 said:
Ge'els is indeed incredibly underwhelming, and considering how popular Igni is on higher ranks - pretty much a no-go.
Geels should add 4 to the entire row, instead of setting the strength to 6 (it becomes a leader with a built-in commander's horn, eventually freeing a silver slot for another card)

killed86;n7846620 said:

:O I wish Nilfgaard can also choose which card to keep!

Are you kidding me ?No one is even using other cards from monsters only nekkers nekkers vran,95% of enemies is breedable decks.And Nilfgaard passive should be changed.It doesn't give you any power like other do.

We weren't too happy with the way Monsters worked before the patch. We felt that the faction needed some slight tweaks, hence the changes.

Top Bottom