Questions After The Patch

+
Questions After The Patch

Let's ask those. I'll start:

Why the hell was Johnny nerfed? One of the few well-designed cards in the game... It was neither OP nor garbage... until now.

Also, whoever testing or making decisions before the release: do they base the changes on the decks they want people to play and disregard what will actually happen?

The big question for me - why was Keira changed? There were so many contentious cards that people have been asking to see nerfed/adjusted, and instead they chose to completely rework a card I've never seen anyone complain about...

And don't even get me started on what they did to Dijkstra...

HenryGrosmont;n8201520 said:
He banishes the card you use him on. Effectively, he's a 6 strength, relentless, fleeting waste of a slot.

So he is only useful on gold cards you dont mind losing in the hopes you get something equally good or better.

SarahAustin;n8201630 said:
So he is only useful on gold cards you dont mind losing in the hopes you get something equally good or better.

Well, for me back then, since i use Brouver Hoog cause of his ability to draw any silver card, naturally, i have Johnny select a silver card. No way im sending a gold card to the bottom of my deck unless i can find a way to thin out my deck. But now, Johnny is just a pain...

Johnny allowed players to get a 5th gold card if there was enough deck thinning (with Nilfgaard you would have very good chances to get all now). In that case Johnny equals 6 strength + gold-card, which is insanely good for a silver card. So I appreciate that change, but he should be 8 or 9 strength now.

BornBoring;n8202230 said:
Johnny allowed players to get a 5th gold card if there was enough deck thinning (with Nilfgaard you would have very good chances to get all now). In that case Johnny equals 6 strength + gold-card, which is insanely good for a silver card. So I appreciate that change, but he should be 8 or 9 strength now.
Not true, at all. Actually getting all the golds wasn't easy and it was his only redeeming quality.

I mean, how this is good and how this wasn't accounted for?
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...ng_ridiculous/

Last edited:
NatoGreavesy;n8201430 said:
The big question for me - why was Keira changed? There were so many contentious cards that people have been asking to see nerfed/adjusted, and instead they chose to completely rework a card I've never seen anyone complain about...
And don't even get me started on what they did to Dijkstra...
I actually like both of these changes, they feel more at home in certain deck archetypes rather than floating around in-between viable decks but not making the cut. Keira's quite good in Foltest buff decks when you've drawn out your opponent's removal and can capitalize on copying your huge units even further. Dijkstra's seeing some play for me in my ongoing attempts at Radovid control, along with Philippa, Aard and Igni - lets me reach for my cycle, removal prep or direct removal more reliably so I don't lose to those "well, I guess I didn't draw it" moments. Having said that, they could both be better, but I prefer their consistency now to what they used to be... never quite understood Keira's value whatsoever before, and Dijkstra was cool but too situational imo.

HenryGrosmont;n8202660 said:
Not true, at all. Actually getting all the golds wasn't easy and it was his only redeeming quality.

I mean, how this is good and how this wasn't accounted for?
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...ng_ridiculous/

You definitely haven't seen much advanced nilfgaard gameplay after the patch.....

And what's your problem with making Henselt promote playable again? Time will tell how good the game is balanced now but they definitely needed to make some changes regarding NR.

BornBoring;n8203590 said:
You definitely haven't seen much advanced nilfgaard gameplay after the patch.....
After THIS patch? I thought you were referring that Johnny ALLOWED players get 5 golds easily. Make up your mind.
BornBoring;n8203590 said:
And what's your problem with making Henselt promote playable again? Time will tell how good the game is balanced now but they definitely needed to make some changes regarding NR.
The problem arises when you can spam and turn gold the whole row and buff the hell out of it but the only card that used to counter it cannot do that anymore.
Where did I imply that NR did not need changes? Are you answering my post or someone else's?
The whole Geels, Harald and Henselt spam was predicted way before the patch was released. Yet, seems that none listened...

Another one: I can imagine why they wanted to make Emissary more playable. Is this the way though? We are stepping into the "going through the whole deck" story again.

Also, if you want to redo the Weather system, just remove it altogether for now and First Light with it. This is probably THE card that affected this game so much that many others were nerfed and mechanics were changed.

Bolzenschuss;n8205330 said:
i think he was nerfed because of ploetze or stuff like ciri dash

So, something else is kind of breaking the game but Johnny gets nerfed instead of reworking the aforementioned card? Brings back the inconsistency complaints...

And Johnny is just one of the examples.

RIP Johnny. Luv ya bud, we'll remember you fondly atop the hillock laying some pipe. Gawd I'm gushing.

Sadly, I haven't player the patch but that change seems bland. It's very beige.

Guys, chill. People were breaking the game with Johnny in PTR as they changed Dijkstra. Johnny any Gold card to the bottom of your deck, get another Gold in hand, then play Djikstra. Drew all 3 golds and Dijkstra? No problem, Johnny a gold onto the bottom of your deck.

It was a bit OP. Personally I would have changed it so that Johnny couldn't target Golds.

Codexhel;n8207740 said:
Guys, chill. People were breaking the game with Johnny in PTR as they changed Dijkstra. Johnny any Gold card to the bottom of your deck, get another Gold in hand, then play Djikstra. Drew all 3 golds and Dijkstra? No problem, Johnny a gold onto the bottom of your deck.

It was a bit OP. Personally I would have changed it so that Johnny couldn't target Golds.
So, instead of changing the cards that were causing this, they nerfed Johnny... And you're saying this is ok.

Top Bottom