Monument to the Victims of Johnny

+
I mean I thought it was funny, but then again I stopped by the side of the road one time to watch two dogs have sex so I dunno really.

I didn't screenshot that play and I feel bad about it but yesterday my opponent did a crazy thing with Johnny.

I was playing a Reinforced Trebuchet deck and my opponent was playing Monster and here's what he managed to do with Johnny.

I was leading by maybe 10 points
Previous round he Johnny'd one of his silver card and got a copy of my silver Reinforcement card.
He played a ghoul, 2 Nekker Warriors then used Reinforcement on the Ghoul.
I got my ass kicked (he had 70str) and he bannished every unit in my graveyard while I only had Medics left in my hand. I just forfeited...:facepalm:

So answer me this:

Does Johnny draw based on the rarity color on the lower right of the card (i.e. gray, blue, purple, gold) or based on the border color of the card (i.e. bronze, silver, gold)

No Title

opponent was not happy about this:thinking:

Attachments

• photo127930.jpg
    photo127930.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 51
zeph08;n8337630 said:
So answer me this:

Does Johnny draw based on the rarity color on the lower right of the card (i.e. gray, blue, purple, gold) or based on the border color of the card (i.e. bronze, silver, gold)

The rarity of a card has no effect on the gameplay in any scenario. Johnny gives you a card of the same quality (bronze, silver, gold). They could make that a bit more clear in the effect description though.

I use johnny. But just because i play ST with broover hog, ciri + ciaran. Its almost guaranteed you will combo him with cirian or ciri because broover. Its the only scenario i think he is actually viable though and even so i sometimes get bad "draws" with him.... but hey, nothing can be as bad as a 1 strength card right?

Using him without any of those 3 other cards is just gamble with luck while wasting a silver spot imo.

Another thing that i noticed while using him is that he doesnt recognize premium cards and regular cards as the same card, i.e. if you use him on a regular ciri and your opponent has a premium ciri, there is a chance that you will receive that premium ciri rendering the johnny effect virtually useless... if it is a bug or just an unforeseen mechanic, i dunno.

Laveley;n8540560 said:
Another thing that i noticed while using him is that he doesnt recognize premium cards and regular cards as the same card, i.e. if you use him on a regular ciri and your opponent has a premium ciri, there is a chance that you will receive that premium ciri rendering the johnny effect virtually useless... if it is a bug or just an unforeseen mechanic, i dunno.
Interesting. I you haven't done so already, could you run this observation by RED Support, please?

Added the animated version of Johnny (thanks to TheShift).

Now, what the hell is that entity in the background that dashes out? Ciri? I cannot clearly see it.

4RM3D;n8579010 said:
Added the animated version of Johnny (thanks to TheShift).

Now, what the hell is that entity in the background that dashes out? Ciri? I cannot clearly see it.

If you play the witcher 3 you will know its ciri.

metalmaniac21;n8579050 said:
As if on the still image it wasn't clear enough. Yes, Ciri.

It's not that clear, after all, it's just a visage. Anyhow...

Laveley;n8579070 said:
If you play the witcher 3 you will know its ciri.

I did play the Witcher 3. But I don't remember that part. I actually never paid attention to the person in the background, until the card got animated and I noticed someone dashing out, which is Ciri's ability.

4RM3D;n8579100 said:
I did play the Witcher 3. But I don't remember that part. I actually never paid attention to the person in the background, until the card got animated and I noticed someone dashing out, which is Ciri's ability.

Geralt met johnny preciselly because he follow the clue that johnny saw ciri and the crones (implicitly) stole his voice so he couldnt tell anyone what he saw. Geralt gives back johnny's voice and he tolds geralt that he was shitting by the morning when ciri shows up from nowhere and gives him a fright.

And yes, that means that the scene on the card is johnny taking a shitt.

Top Bottom