immidiate hot fix for henselt while scoiatael ambush abuse goes on with full speed

+
immidiate hot fix for henselt while scoiatael ambush abuse goes on with full speed

a genuine question here do devs think scoiatael is fine? or they can't think of how to balance it? there are dozens of suggestions from changing dragoons to ability to lock ambush cards. this is sickening guys why should we wait for the next big patch to fix such a broken play. this is as bad as margarita spam.

5 times dragoons, reveal the huge ambush in the 3rd round. 5 times dragoons, reveal the huge ambush in the 3rd round. 5 times dragoons, reveal the huge ambush in the 3rd round. 5 times dragoons, reveal the huge ambush in the 3rd round. 5 times dragoons, reveal the huge ambush in the 3rd round. 5 times dragoons, reveal the huge ambush in the 3rd round.

and i'm playing casual for the love of gwent. can't imagine what top rank ambush spam is like.

1st I am not a ST player but most of the time playing with SK only & I am not in favor of current ambush too but IMO....

Lock is not a solution for ambush. I mean what you want that ambush cards will not flip once lock? that means you are totally disabling that card which is bad. We need something to guess or some clue to understand what kind of ambush it's going to be which will going to keep fun as well as it's not going to be as strong as current ambush.

My suggestion are...
- Show what color [ Bronze / Silver / Gold ] ambush card is that on top of that card with border or with anything.
- Stop Ambush cards getting buff by any card as well remove ambush cards buffing other cards & add other effects as ambush cards buffing other cards is giving easy win or card advantage if opp. decided to play more cards for safety. [ Toruviel ]
- Ambush cards should work both ways but effect should be activate only by opp. side & by own side trigger ambush will reveal without activating it's effect. [ Ida Emean / Schirrú ]
- Playing Spy card near ambush going to reveal it.
- Ambush cards should be reveal with NG reveal [ random factor should work on ambush cards too ]

Just a Few Suggestions... :)

TH3WITCH3R;n8346750 said:
1st I am not a ST player but most of the time playing with SK only & I am not in favor of current ambush too but IMO....

Lock is not a solution for ambush. I mean what you want that ambush cards will not flip once lock? that means you are totally disabling that card which is bad. We need something to guess or some clue to understand what kind of ambush it's going to be which will going to keep fun as well as it's not going to be as strong as current ambush.

My suggestion are...
- Show what color [ Bronze / Silver / Gold ] ambush card is that on top of that card with border or with anything.
- Stop Ambush cards getting buff by any card as well remove ambush cards buffing other cards & add other effects as ambush cards buffing other cards is giving easy win or card advantage if opp. decided to play more cards for safety. [ Toruviel ]
- Ambush cards should work both ways but effect should be activate only by opp. side & by own side trigger ambush will reveal without activating it's effect. [ Ida Emean / Schirrú ]
- Ambush cards should be reveal with NG reveal [ random factor should work on ambush cards too ]

i like them all. better to not leave this mess like as is. this issue needs fixing sooner than the next big patch. about your last suggestion the NG reveal does reveal ambush cards currently. so it effectively is the only counter to ambush but it's not so solid to go up against many other archetypes so it's not preferred by players as you know.

Changing Hensalt and Promote was a very easy thing to do, something that could be done by a hotfix.

If they do decide to change ST/Ambush It'll probably happen whenever the next big balance patch, should be within the next month or two.

"Fixing" ST Ambush problem is no where near as easy as fixing Hensalt/Promote.
If you don't like versing them all the time then just take a break until the next patch

Tamacountry13;n8346850 said:
Changing Hensalt and Promote was a very easy thing to do, something that could be done by a hotfix.

If they do decide to change ST/Ambush It'll probably happen whenever the next big balance patch, should be within the next month or two.

"Fixing" ST Ambush problem is no where near as easy as fixing Hensalt/Promote.
If you don't like versing them all the time then just take a break until the next patch

i built my own ambush BS.

My suggestion are...

so... your suggestion is "remove ambush cards for the game because they will be so bad that no one will ever play them"
gotcha

I'm one of those players who has a bunch of different decks - this is the Beta after all so I'm trying as many different decks as possible with as many factions as possible but I'm a predominantly ST player and have played all the usual ST decks for the past 3 or 4 months. I've used the ST Ambush deck in past patches and found that it was really difficult to consistently win games. With this patch it is easier but not an absolute given win. I love the idea of ambush cards and I've been trying to get them to work for ages until recently with little success but I have to agree that the Dragoon buffing is a bit extreme (+2 in hand seems enough to me but I'd rather see it buff a revealed card on any row, kind of like an agile Hawker Healer). I don't mind working towards buffing a unit to play in the last round as a 'win' card as it requires an amount of setting up the situation while trying to win at least one round; this gives the opponent the opportunity to work towards a 2 round win - much as everyone tries to play against SK.

My advice is that if you are playing against a ST Ambush deck then you need to look at winning both first and second rounds (or give the impression that that is what you are aiming at to force them to play their buffed unit in round 2) and play your cards accordingly; don't leave anything hanging around 'just in case' you hit round 3 as if you hit round 3 then you've lost. When I've used the buffed Toruviel tactic and lost this is the tactic that generally beats me.

RickMelethron;n8350220 said:
so... your suggestion is "remove ambush cards for the game because they will be so bad that no one will ever play them"
gotcha

If you don't like mine then suggest your own.. simple.

TH3WITCH3R;n8351270 said:
If you don't like mine then suggest your own.. simple.
Ambush cards are fine. They cannot compete with Monsters or Henselt putting up huge numbers. There are more decks the beat them.
The fact that one or two specific decks cannot do that isn't a reason to remove ambush cards from the game.

HenryGrosmont;n8351360 said:
Ambush cards are fine. They cannot compete with Monsters or Henselt putting up huge numbers. There are more decks the beat them.
The fact that one or two specific decks cannot do that isn't a reason to remove ambush cards from the game.

I know your are ST player or You love ST Faction but Problem is not about strength here but imo at least for me problem is card advantage which is one of the crucial element of this game.
ST is already having nice passive ability to get card adv. & with ambush it's vary easy for them to get more. I don't want to explain ST gameplay here as everyone knows that.

Another important thing is me or I think no one is saying to remove ambush cards from game. I am only saying to make some changes & too add few counter like every other faction having for there special abilities like...
- Dbomb for promote
- Graveyard stealing for Resurrection / Discard
- Clear Sky / Blizzard / Weather Immune Units for Monster Weather
- Dbomb / Weather for Monster Breed / Consume
- Scorch / igni / Borkh / Weather for NG high strength cards

Now what counter we have for ambush? forget counter it's even hard to guess that what ambush it's going to be. Now don't say that's the meaning of Ambush as this is game & far from reality as well with new ambush cards in future if we don't get any clue it's going to be far worse for ST opp. to make their plans.

Last edited:
The game is still pretty unbalanced till date. For example eredin is an 11 strength leader wih weather immunity while henslet convert 7 units to gold which give him a 14 pts buff and the 7 units become immune to weather.
eredin only combo is with nithral which give a 2 additional strength difference by attacking the opponent.
henslet with only 1 tower can get a total of 28 additional strength.

The only advantage eredin has is that he is consistent you will always know what you will get from him.

CDR should add a way for us to counter ambush and they should balance the leaders abilities or nerf hanslet ability to 5 instead of 7 ( same as comanders horn and demiritium bomb)

The main negative impact is that the ambush cards are low in value.

Last edited:
HenryGrosmont;n8351360 said:

This point is decidedly up for debate. Ambush cards are fine, except for a few mechanical flaws. One, ST has the only Ambush removal, which leads to Operator abuse. If you are okay with other factions not having the ability to remove an ambush card, then you can't really think that Morenn is fair. Dragoons are clearly an issue, though I hesitate to say they should be nerfed, because I like their interaction with cards like Braenn. If you are going to give ST a passive ability that promotes CA, then you can't have Sappers timer go off after the enemy passes. They nerfed Cahir and Milva for this same mechanic.

You can claim that non-ST players are crying, and that may partially be true. But, in the interest of fairness, you have to advocate for consistency across the board, especially as far as Morenn and Sappers are concerned.

-Ambush cards lose all buffs when placed face down.
-Schirru has a fairer effect.
-Morenn (or her effect, at least) is a neutral. Then its a meta-dependent choice whether or not to run anti-ambush.

My suggestion are...

I actually really like suggestion to be able to reveal cards by playing a spy next to it. But then spies should be agile.

SkippyHole;n8352810 said:
-Ambush cards lose all buffs when placed face down.
-Schirru has a fairer effect.
-Morenn (or her effect, at least) is a neutral. Then its a meta-dependent choice whether or not to run anti-ambush.
I honestly feel Schirru is completly fine as he is currently but that's another topic.

I actually really like the idea of Ambushes losing their buffs when placed facedown.
It completly nullifies the problem of buffing an Ambush and placing it down in which your opponent can't do anything about it. Dragoon is still completly viable too. Great idea

Tamacountry13;n8352910 said:
I honestly feel Schirru is completly fine as he is currently but that's another topic.

I actually really like the idea of Ambushes losing their buffs when placed facedown.
It completly nullifies the problem of buffing an Ambush and placing it down in which your opponent can't do anything about it. Dragoon is still completly viable too. Great idea

Considering that Schirru has the potential to often be a dead card, I agree completely. No need for a change.

Dragoons would go away, except for people playing Braenn. They simply wouldn't exist in Ambush decks at all (which is fine, actually).

Everytime I face a Foltest or Henselt spamming golds I truly understand this is still a closed beta.

Given time the game will become balanced, and ST ambush isn't the top deck by far.

frbfree;n8352980 said:
Considering that Schirru has the potential to often be a dead card, I agree completely. No need for a change.

Dragoons would go away, except for people playing Braenn. They simply wouldn't exist in Ambush decks at all (which is fine, actually).

I think the fact that Schirru is often a dead card is exactly the problem. He's like weather - he either does nothing or destroys your opponent's entire strategy. More often than not, you are going to need a special card to win the round - Ida shutting that down seems somewhat fair, Schirru doing it and then destroying your strongest unit is a huge downside to just playing the game. And that's if he's face up, if you don't know what's coming it's a stupid effect. Honestly, I'd stop him being an ambush card altogether - think about it, you can't shackles so there's no real counter - but that's just me.

I don't think Dragoons should ever have been changed from the old Neophyte spawning effect to be honest, but I think he'll still have a place. Maybe with all the new Dryads coming in the next expansion we'll see more hand-buff mechanics.

Top Bottom