Is the game becoming stale and predictable faster than the CB?

+
Is the game becoming stale and predictable faster than the CB?

EDIT: I know devs must feel a bit discouraged when people are bitching left and right but this is more of a general opinion, rather than a "fix this now!" complaint. The game's still in beta and I'm not gonna give up on it until it fully releases and keeps some of the biggest issues. So keep working on it, this is just me getting fatiqued and somewhat bored for now.

I just feel like the game is in some sort of a void that's neither here nor there.

You see a deck, you know what it's running and the only question remains is if you'll draw the right cards. Skellige will spam those self boosting units. NR will spam stuff, while keeping Reavers for last round. NG will spam spies, mostly, and try using Tibor last round. ST will, maybe, spam specials to boost their defenders. Monsters will either use consume (Elder) or spam weather.

Then there's the always present chance of either of those decks carrying several weather effects to spam.

I'm not trying to sound bitter or edgy or whatever. I'm more of a casual Gwent player but I just feel like I had more fun in CB. While it had the same issues with meta decks, it felt like there was more variety, if that makes sense.

Again, I'm not complaining for the sake of it. I still like Gwent and play it occasionally but it's loosing its appeal faster than it did in CB.

Last edited:
I think the problem is that it's open beta there so are naturally more players and as veteran players were reseted to lvl 1 while granted kegs new players pretty much must use netdecking to be able to play ranked.
I have nothing to support this claim, it is simply how I think it is.

It's 75% nilfgaard (because the faction has an answer to every play,plus options to see your hand)
20% monster frost spam
5% everything else
I haven't seen a consume deck in a week

TheShift;n8848640 said:
It's 75% nilfgaard (because the faction has an answer to every play,plus options to see your hand)
20% monster frost spam
5% everything else

what do you play, and at what MMR?
out of curiosity

That's from 50 games today
level 20 rnk7 1024

not much of a rank player...I seen enough cookie cutter decks in casual
I play 3 versions of monsters

I'm 8 and 3 in ranked
all 3 losses were due to server dropping me
I'm hardwired on 100mbs connection and have not been dropped once in casual
so..I pretty much said screw ranked..how is that even fair

Last edited:
OBT came with big changes to the game and old card combos dissapeared from ranked play (Coral + Aard, PFI, Gold Hanselt, etc.)

Snake_Foxhounder;n8848020 said:
Again, I'm not complaining for the sake of it. I still like Gwent and play it occasionally but it's loosing its appeal faster than it did in CB.

I don't like it and that's why I complain. If we all just shut up, nothing will ever change. (I'm not saying anything will if we complain, but it's worth the try)

I'm very disappointed with the upcoming patch, which I believed will address some of the complaints. Sadly whole patch is +/-1 strength to several cards.
All I want is to get rid of the agile units everywhere and make the weather affect both sides. (but keep the gradual effect as it is now.)

TheShift;n8848640 said:
20% monster frost spam
5% everything else

Exactly, but for me it's 90% weather, 10% everything else. I'm legit afraid to play my Dwarf deck since literally everybody and their grandma is playing weather.

Bugii;n8848990 said:
I don't like it and that's why I complain. If we all just shut up, nothing will ever change. (I'm not saying anything will if we complain, but it's worth the try)

I'm very disappointed with the upcoming patch, which I believed will address some of the complaints. Sadly whole patch is +/-1 strength to several cards.
All I want is to get rid of the agile units everywhere and make the weather affect both sides. (but keep the gradual effect as it is now.)

Didn't mean to imply we shouldn't complain. What I meant is that my OP didn't have any constructive criticism and was more of a vent thread.

Never played closed beta. Still the game is stale. Like was mentioned every deck is more or less predictable. Look at faction look at leader. Same over and over and over. Just what order the cards are drawn. Sure there are differences here and there. Just not enough to really make anything unique. Oh well what will be will be i guess.

Yeah, too bad Gwent doesnt have a mode where they decks are randomly given to you and an opponent and you have to make the best of them. Just to mix things up and try new decks or cards.

I think it's very fun, it's not an easy task to balance any card game with so many potential variables and I think they've done a really good job.

It feels stale because no matter how many new people are playing, no matter how many new mechanics added, there are still these things called "streamers" perpetuating the same strats, circle-jerking each other with the same "meta" cards or ideas that everyone decides they have to copy instead of trying to have fun or try something different, even in casual mode which is SUPPOSED to be about trying new things.

In all seriousness though, its gotten stale a lot slower than the positioning patch in closed beta did. For all the new mechanics and ideas added, the card pool has remained pretty much the same, and more directly, people still won't have a huge collection. I guess I can't really blame people for instantly crafting the most OP thing they can, and not having a huge number of cards with which to experiment with otherwise.

I want rot tosser and resurrect cards gone, only Djikstra remains. Then I can enjoy the game (wink)

Top Bottom