A Report button PLEASE!

+
A Report button PLEASE!

Would love even if its just for beta a report function, so we can get rid of these people who repeatedly forfit. Had one person forfit on me 15 times in a row lastnight as everytime it went back into matchmaking pitted us against each other and each time he/she forfited in card selection. That right there is enough to discourage me from wanting to play again the rest of the eavening. He/She was not the only instance of this either........

Rage2020;n7049460 said:
Would love even if its just for beta a report function, so we can get rid of these people who repeatedly forfit. Had one person forfit on me 15 times in a row lastnight as everytime it went back into matchmaking pitted us against each other and each time he/she forfited in card selection. That right there is enough to discourage me from wanting to play again the rest of the eavening. He/She was not the only instance of this either........
I know that it could possibly be abused, thus may I suggest a possible review or even a complaint box? This is Beta, and being such how can one collect proper data if people keep forfiting and not playing it correctly? Also is this something that I am going to run into when the game goes into a live enviornment?

15 times in a row? I cant even remember getting the same opponent twice like ever :D Or at least I usually always play against different players in each gaming session. The problem with a report button is that people could abuse it. Just imagine what happens when all those salty and toxic people smash the report button whem they cant stand a defeat :D
I think thats just too much unnecessary extra work for the beta and there are more important things to work on first but if you really think that player should be reported I think you can still open a ticket about that ;)

Gawd. The unreadable and red font on this forum. You people are burning my corneas.

On the topic. I experienced this the first night and some of the next day. It was quite disheartening. Cannot believe it's still going on.

Okay, firstly, let's be rational and objective about this.

Is reporting / banning the solution or merely an over reaction to the symptom?

The way to address this isn't by blanket banning beta testers.

Apart from the fact that 'banning' people in a 'test' environment because they found a way to break the game is seriously counter productive, it also will not address the root issue before release and more importantly - after.

You have to question why this is a common practise to begin with and address the root issue - not the symptom.

Clearly, the GG system is open to exploit. I found that out myself and it's been raised as an issue ever since.

But why go to the effort of reporting - banning and adding excessive over administration when we all know it won't fix a damn thing?

Address the GG system itself and the 'forfeit problem' goes away naturally.

A much more rational, logical and less frustrating solution to the issue, wouldn

Austacker;n7049770 said:
Okay, firstly, let's be rational and objective about this.

Is reporting / banning the solution or merely an over reaction to the symptom?

The way to address this isn't by blanket banning beta testers.

Apart from the fact that 'banning' people in a 'test' environment because they found a way to break the game is seriously counter productive, it also will not address the root issue before release and more importantly - after.

You have to question why this is a common practise to begin with and address the root issue - not the symptom.

Clearly, the GG system is open to exploit. I found that out myself and it's been raised as an issue ever since.

But why go to the effort of reporting - banning and adding excessive over administration when we all know it won't fix a damn thing?

Address the GG system itself and the 'forfeit problem' goes away naturally.

A much more rational, logical and less frustrating solution to the issue, wouldn

If the bans are limited to Beta and are temporary I don't think it's an over reaction. People forfeiting like that are messing up the data for matchmaking. It's part of the reason a new player with a starter deck can be matched up with someone who has a much better deck because they are contstantly "losing" matches.

Yes, the root of the problem does need to be dealt with but for now they are banning people and that's just the way it is. Whether they have other issues taking priority or not I can't say. I do know they obviously know it's a problem, and because of that we can assume there will be a better fix in the future.

Its a poor solution

Are we going to start throwing bans for any other game breaking exploit discovered because its just "easier to do"?

This wont fix anything and in a testing environment designed to find issues like this, its strongly counter productive

This will just encourage the beta testers to NOT stress test the game and NOT report issues

Then come release day when the entire internet has free access to the game and find a game breaking expoit like this... BOOM

Except now its 10 times worse

A beta environment should be ENCOURAGING the testers to break the system BEFORE final release. THAT is the entire point of a beta test!!!!

Its nothing but sheer ignorance to focus your time and energy in a test environment on simple core gameplay stability if you try and shutdown the discovery feedback loop of much more serious issues

As far as I know (from a reddit post and a thread on this forum), they are only banning blatant cases involving botting.

Austacker;n7049790 said:
Its a poor solution

Are we going to start throwing bans for any other game breaking exploit discovered because its just "easier to do"?

This wont fix anything and in a testing environment designed to find issues like this, its strongly counter productive

This will just encourage the beta testers to NOT stress test the game and NOT report issues

Then come release day when the entire internet has free access to the game and find a game breaking expoit like this... BOOM

Except now its 10 times worse

A beta environment should be ENCOURAGING the testers to break the system BEFORE final release. THAT is the entire point of a beta test!!!!

Its nothing but sheer ignorance to focus your time and energy in a test environment on simple core gameplay stability if you try and shutdown the discovery feedback loop of much more serious issues

As I said, yeah the root problem does need to be addressed...
I don't think people exploiting like this and taking advantage of the exploit and ruining matchmaking etc are the people to care about stress testing the game and reporting issues. They are part of the problem messing up the data and causing new players to be faced with those with much better decks. The problem has, as far as I know only been reported by those who have had it happen to them. The problem with the insta forfeiting has already been reported many times and therefore, does not need to keep being "stress tested". This is beta and people are causing problems for a whole of 5 scraps or 5 ore... I don't think they should be perma banned but people purposely causing problems like this deserve the (hopefully) temp ban. In the future maybe they will make it where you can forfeit until 5+minutes in or some other solution, but for now this is how it's being done.

Also as far as people exploiting when the game is public, every game I have played bans them too.
It's a poor solution yes, but at least to me it seems effective. I am coming across a whole lot less insta-forfeiters lately.

I don't even care about the GG. As someone just starting if you spam a strat that literally can't be countered in any way shape or form by a starter deck that I literally have no choice but to use, you won the game. It's over. You won and I'm not going to sit around for 3 round for you to wave your dick in my face.

Akiraana;n7049900 said:
As I said, yeah the root problem does need to be addressed...
I don't think people exploiting like this and taking advantage of the exploit and ruining matchmaking etc are the people to care about stress testing the game and reporting issues. They are part of the problem messing up the data and causing new players to be faced with those with much better decks. The problem has, as far as I know only been reported by those who have had it happen to them. The problem with the insta forfeiting has already been reported many times and therefore, does not need to keep being "stress tested". This is beta and people are causing problems for a whole of 5 scraps or 5 ore... I don't think they should be perma banned but people purposely causing problems like this deserve the (hopefully) temp ban. In the future maybe they will make it where you can forfeit until 5+minutes in or some other solution, but for now this is how it's being done.

Also as far as people exploiting when the game is public, every game I have played bans them too.
It's a poor solution yes, but at least to me it seems effective. I am coming across a whole lot less insta-forfeiters lately.

This, so much this. There are literally people right now screaming permaban the early forfiets when playing against literal starter decks. Fuck let take the infamous monster deck for example, someone starting out, only has 2 of any individual cards. you can literally win every single trade by having 3 of the same card instead of their 2. you don't even have to play a different card. you can literally play the same cards and get a free win.

Akiraana;n7049900 said:
The problem with the insta forfeiting has already been reported many times and therefore, does not need to keep being "stress tested". This is beta and people are causing problems for a whole of 5 scraps or 5 ore... I don't think they should be perma banned but people purposely causing problems like this deserve the (hopefully) temp ban. In the future maybe they will make it where you can forfeit until 5+minutes in or some other solution, but for now this is how it's being done.

It's a lazy and poor solution and it will solve absolutely nothing.

Why?

Because there's absolutely no formal comms regarding this situation extended to the playerbase at all.
  • There's no sticky on these forums
  • No official statement from CDPR
  • Nothing in the Beta FAQ
  • Nothing on the official twitter notification regarding this 'issue'
  • Nothing in the notification email you're sent when you get your key
  • Nothing in the splash notification message when you even start the beta.

There's absolutely NOTHING that has been officially stated from CDPR anywhere at all

Just indiscriminate banning without warning.

Yet - the exploit still exists in the current beta build and there's absolutely nothing to either stop the beta testers doing this - or any sort of communication to the playerbase NOT to do it.

So no - I think this knee jerk 'perma ban' situation is not only unfair, but it's utterly ridiculous.

If this is such a deal breaker, formal comms to the beta testing team should be extended as a priority.

If necessary, you inform the testers of this and where necessary, just reset their damn accounts (with notification why) and we just move on.

'Banning' people from exploiting a legit loophole in the beta they're meant to be stress testing is utterly ridiculous if you're not even TELLING THEM NOT TO DO IT!

CDPR should send out official comms on this situation as soon as possible and those that have indulged in exploiting the situation should simply have an account reset.

If they paid real money for kegs, they should simply get the kegs refunded to the account.

Considering all beta accounts are going to be very likely reset before go live anyway, it's perfectly practical and reasonable to go about it this way.

This doesn't unfairly punish beta testers for simply doing their job and it addresses the MMR 'issue' other testers point out would be a concern.

Since all progress is wiped before go live, who cares anyway?

But kicking your beta testing team without notification like this when they're tasked to push the beta client and find these issues before release?

That's just complete nonsense.

Hopefully someone from the CDPR team reads this and common sense prevails because this current 'solution' isn't helping at all.

Last edited:
For now i think they only ban bots.

"If you have been banned for this then it is because you have been botting on mass. We can tell the difference between a few forfeits and automated scripts.We aren't talking about a handful of games here. We're talking about people doing this hundreds of times. "

This is from an official response on reddit.

Strollin;n7049570 said:
15 times in a row? I cant even remember getting the same opponent twice like ever :D Or at least I usually always play against different players in each gaming session. The problem with a report button is that people could abuse it. Just imagine what happens when all those salty and toxic people smash the report button whem they cant stand a defeat :D
I think thats just too much unnecessary extra work for the beta and there are more important things to work on first but if you really think that player should be reported I think you can still open a ticket about that ;)

Yes, and there are a couple of them that do it, for farming gg points

JUST WANTING TO LET YOU ALL KNOW AND BEING WE ARE ON THIS TOPIC

If your playing me, and forfit at all during the match you will not be getting a gg from me ;), I do not believe in farming on games like this. You should only get what is due, or what you earned, and/or pay for.

I would rather have a complete full match than someone quitting out just because they are loosing in points, or know they are not going to win.

Top Bottom