The GG system is ruined by spiteful players

+
death to this GG system for breaking the community. the GG is ruined by the game itself (RNG, broken cards, bad hands etc) that force even the most calm and cool players to not give the GG. and not by "spiteful players" don't mistake the situation.

Last edited:
Honestly sometimes I forget to send GG, not often, but it happens. Who cares if people are spiteful. GG is about feeling good doing something nice for someone else, not getting what you deserve. If it makes them feel better to withhold GG, that's their choice.

SnaksAwnSnaks;n8269990 said:
Instead of both players having to say "GG" to get the perk, why shouldn't it be given for those who just say "GG" period? That would show sportsmanship. And then maybe offer another perk for the amount of times you have "GG" and compare it to your opponent saying "GG" as well. Maybe after a certain threshold, you would get an added bonus.

...So you'd give yourself a bonus? Yeah, that makes sense. If anything, maybe they could make it so that you get 5 scraps/ore for giving GG, and you get 10 for ​​​​​​getting GG. But personally I think the GG system should stay the way it is.

Seriously none of you get a tiny bit of joy thinking about your embittered opponent's tears when they don't GG you after you win? Maybe it's an Eve Online thing.

Maybe I'm naive, but I always assume when my opponent doesn't GG it is because the option didn't show up (like it doesn't for me sometimes)

Guest 4021160

Lets remove the 5 thingy of the GG. Problem solved. Spiteful players = spiteful gg nonreceivals.

JohnathanHopkins;n8273640 said:
Maybe I'm naive, but I always assume when my opponent doesn't GG it is because the option didn't show up (like it doesn't for me sometimes)

and that happens lately a LOT more often then before ...

TurkeySon;n8269420 said:
As for me, I reward GG when I see one not as a moral obligation placed on me by anyone, nor do I feel like a member of the monster deck when I do not GG. The system was put in there as a choice for the individual player why do people then come and complain about the choice the player made?

Whether due to rage, or being spammed with negative comments from a witcher or because you lost to a deck far superior to yours or because you just wanted to flex your freedom or whatever. Nothing needs to be fixed, freedom has no fix and no certain outcome.....be free or may you be resurrected as the krone you are.

ArianeGrosmont;n8269700 said:
1. You get your earned​​ rewards regardless: xp for performance (and if you won, also for winning) and daily rewards for rounds won. The GG scraps/ore are a bonus, and are meant to be optional.

2. Some players (me included) will not GG if our opponent uses certain tactics (i.e: keeps playing after the opponent I've passed even though he already won, or abusing a card like pre-patch Cahir)
So I would advise you to try and refrain from doing this if GG is so important to you.

idomyownstunts -careful: you keep screwing with Henry, people might think you're just me using a different account

I am totally agree with you. I do the same.

GG is not a good manner to formally salute opponent. I give GG if i liked the match, regardless If I win or lose. Some times I don't reward GG when I win because in Ranked Match people often play to disturb opponent and not to have a good game and enjoy. When someone do something original I give GG even If I lose, but when (for example) I see always the same consume monsters used only to OP win without creativity I not GG (win or lose don't matter).

Remember, many people that win are spiteful too and give you GG only to taunt, why you should give back GG to him when he/she already get the win rewards?

Last edited:
Killduke;n8277340 said:
I am totally agree with you. I do the same.

GG is not a good manner to formally salute opponent. I give GG if i liked the match, regardless If I win or lose. Some times I don't reward GG when I win because in Ranked Match people often play to disturb opponent and not to have a good game and enjoy. When someone do something original I give GG even If I lose, but when (for example) I see always the same consume monsters used only to OP win without creativity I not GG (win or lose don't matter).

Remember, many people that win are spiteful too and give you GG only to taunt, why you should give back GG to him when he/she already get the win rewards?

Well said....EXACTLY!

Remove or rework the Good Game feature

Seriously, it's bad when you gotta rely on your opponents to earn scrap / ore. Either remove it completely or make it mutual, as in give the reward only when both players GG.

kaalev;n8546300 said:
Seriously, it's bad when you gotta rely on your opponents to earn scrap / ore. Either remove it completely or make it mutual, as in give the reward only when both players GG.

You don't rely on it, it's a bonus.

GG if:
- good game.
- don't care if lost, especially if opponent played much better - it's a nice way to say kudos.

Don't GG if:
- opponent has won, keeps playing anyway. This is annoying, and mostly happens in ranked. Will forfeit, then ignore GG button existence. I've found that either people are learning to not do that or they start remembering my username and whoever else does this same thing, and know that if they do it, they're not going to get the bonus, because it's happening less and less.
- opponent is clearly not actually playing in casual, but rather farming for scraps -- there are two players that I get matched against constantly in casual who do this, so I now just forfeit in the first round after playing zero cards and move on to the next game where people are actually playing. Actually, this is the reason I've been playing ranked more. People don't do that in ranked.
- sometimes, as someone else mentioned, the GG button simply doesn't show up. This usually happens in ranked as well, so I'm wondering if it's some sort of mechanic that's in there intentionally for some reason? Generally after forfeiting in round 2 when there's no way I can win [Monsters or Nilfgaard with 40+ point cards on the other side, and zero cards to pare them down to something I can deal with, I don't want to sit through the other player deciding now is a good time to play everything even after passing.

Would not mind a way to reward players who display good sportsmanship - i.e. You've passed, because you cannot win, and they go ahead and pass once it's clear there's no ambush that's going to wreck them if they do it too soon or no cards that are going to fly over to the other side the moment you pass [I'm looking at you Scoia`tel and Nilfgaard.]

I do agree with the others who have said that unless both players send a GG, maybe the system shouldn't reward anyone. It might need a time limit on it, because there have been times when I've had to wander off for a bit or the game hangs up and I haven't been able to send it for a while [5-30 minutes], and I've received GG from others up to an hour after the fact as well - presumably for similar reasons as when I'm delayed in sending it. So, if GG sent within x minutes by both players, receive bonus, if not, no one gets it. That could also fix the obvious farming annoyances in casual.

Few things to add, i don't know if anyone mentioned this but:
1) don't spam emotes or use them inappropriately to mock your opponent, if you do that don't even expect a GG
2) don't waste time by waiting for the timer on EVERY SINGLE ROUND, even when you have the most obvious play in hand cause you play the most standard of netdecks

There are some behaviors i don't like and i'm glad i have the option to not reward them

Ez rule:
never GG if opponent won by pure luck (yes, this almost never happens)
never GG scoia'tael because they are imbas (80% of matches at rank 15+)
always GG in any other case

Gwent is a brutal part of a brutal game W3. So scoia'taels shall suffer!

I feel as though Rather then give GG points when the button is pressed. We should receive points back for taking that step into commending those players. Because like you stated in your opening paragraph koncert, the format that is implemented right now does cause a lot of spite..

And this way if spiteful players who don't say GG won't ever receive any points back.. would this be a good solution ? Yess, maybe more points will be given out but wasn't the reason that feature put in was to have a non-toxic community? I've never seen a feature quite like this, so kudos to the person who thought about it. But in reality.. it's flawed the way it is right now. I think my suggestion earlier could be step towards the right direction and is one of the few pet peeves I have found while playing the beta on Xbox.

In order for GG to mean something, you need to have the option to not GG.

Someone that chooses to not send out GG's for petty reasons like they don't like your faction or playstyle isn't really a very good person, but their ability to withhold a GG and communicate that they're upset means that when someone does send you a GG as a show of sportsmanship, it means something. You know that whoever sent that GG isn't some salty scrub that wants to punish you for winning, that's mad that you used the best deck you could build or that your deck happened to counter theirs. The GG is not something they have to do, but they chose to do it anyways to be kind.

Why is anyone worried about being nice to someone that won't be nice back? What's wrong with being a little bigger? If someone wants to do that, then that's on them. Of all the games I've played, I've had a grand total of one time I didn't get a GG back eventually - and that might have just been a bug. I always send out my GG, so I tend to get more GG's back (and thus more loot) - be good to others and they'll be good to you.

Sure, CDPR could change it so both sides have to GG to get the reward, but then GG'ing becomes about getting the reward for yourself. You can still communicate being a mean-spirited individual, but then you can never think, "Wow, that guy was pretty nice." You know they were only doing it because they wanted the scrap and ore.

As it is, the reward missed is small enough that it shouldn't matter. People who don't GG, who act salty and try to tell other people what decks they can or cannot play, they won't earn as much ore over time as those who remember to be courteous to others and try to leave positive impressions, win or lose. Unless we run into a problem where toxic players are earning more from the GG system than those with good sportsmanship, then I don't think we need a major revamp. The bad guys don't win out in the end, and that's how it should work.

Top Bottom